|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie wonders out loud if Vernet wants what for himself?
2. Collet found little of interest, except for a photo of __________ with a list of the Priory of Sion's Grand Masters.
3. Teabing tells of how books of the Bible were chosen by whom?
4. Remy pours what beverage for himself and Silas?
5. Remy drops Silas off on a quiet street near what building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
2. What reason does Langdon figure out that caused Fache to frame Langdon for murder?
3. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
4. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
5. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
6. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
7. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
8. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
9. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
10. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the things that Dan Brown implies in the book is that religious beliefs are always flawed or, at least, incomplete in some way. Do you agree with that opinion? Use examples from both the book and real life to explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1: What does the Holy Grail represent to most people in real life?
Part 2: What does the Holy Grail represent in the book?
Part 3: Which representation of the Holy Grail do you think would have the most benefits for mankind and why?
Part 4: Which representation of the Holy Grail do you think would harm mankind most and why?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a major theme of the Da Vinci Code, especially with regard to religion. Choose any three symbols from the book and explain what we are told that they stand for in the book. Also, explain whether or not you agree with the explanation of each. Use examples from the book and, if necessary, real life, to back up your answers.
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)