|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing tells Sophie that Mary was pregnant at the crucifixion and then shuttled off to what is now __________ to have her baby.
2. Sophie and Langdon arrive at ____________ in search of Newton's tomb.
3. Sophie kicks Silas in what part of his body?
4. How does Remy die?
5. Teabing's theory is that the knight in the next clue was one of what group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who shoots Aringarosa and what are the implications of that?
2. What interesting religious opinions does Teabing reveal to Sophie in this section?
3. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
4. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
5. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
6. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
7. How do Sophie and Teabing manage to save the keystone when Silas attacks them in Teabing's home?
8. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
9. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
10. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Possible corruption within law enforcement is a major part of the book's plot, as we are lead to believe that Fache is the Teacher for quite a while. Name and describe in detail two methods that you would implement in order to cut back on the possibility of corruption in a police organization.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Jacques was a good person? Also, do you think he raised Sophie in a good way? Why or why not? Cite examples from the story to back up your position.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)