|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie and Langdon head to the tube station to take the subway to where?
2. While Fache is waiting for the safe to be drilled open, he receives a call from whom?
3. Everyone escapes the house and Teabing then tells them that they are headed to a local airfield to fly where on his jet?
4. Bishop Aringarosa leaves the Castel Gandolfo with a heavy briefcase containing ________ equaling twenty million euros.
5. Teabing tells of how books of the Bible were chosen by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
2. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
3. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
4. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
5. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
6. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
7. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
8. Explain the encounter between Langdon, Sophie and Teabing and the police at the airport.
9. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
10. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1: What does the Holy Grail represent to most people in real life?
Part 2: What does the Holy Grail represent in the book?
Part 3: Which representation of the Holy Grail do you think would have the most benefits for mankind and why?
Part 4: Which representation of the Holy Grail do you think would harm mankind most and why?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a major theme of the Da Vinci Code, especially with regard to religion. Choose any three symbols from the book and explain what we are told that they stand for in the book. Also, explain whether or not you agree with the explanation of each. Use examples from the book and, if necessary, real life, to back up your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a major literary device which Dan Brown, the author of the Da Vinci Code, uses often. Explain, in detail, three spots where Brown uses foreshadowing in the book as well as what events those three things foreshadow.
This section contains 1,367 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)