|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Remy retrieve from the bar?
2. Langdon attempts to convince Teabing that he knows the answer to the riddle and they need to go back to where to view it?
3. What allows Langdon and Sophie to escape in the armored truck when they are held at gunpoint?
4. Collet receives a phone call from Andre Vernet looking for whom?
5. Sophie and Langdon head to the tube station to take the subway to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
2. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
3. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
4. Explain the encounter between Langdon, Sophie and Teabing and the police at the airport.
5. How do Sophie and Teabing manage to save the keystone when Silas attacks them in Teabing's home?
6. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
7. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
8. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
9. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
10. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author, Dan Brown, uses plot twists quite often in the book. Describe, in detail, your favorite plot twist. Why was it your favorite? What new information did it provide? What old information did it nullify? Also, how different do you feel the book would have been, had that plot twist not existed?
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)