|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs Silas' shoulder and gets shot as a result?
2. The armored truck stops and the cargo doors open with _________ holding a pistol aimed at Sophie and Langdon?
3. Sophie and Langdon find an interesting book about who in the library?
4. Aringarosa asks Fache if he will take the Vatican bonds and distribute them to the families of those Silas had murdered where?
5. Just before landing, the pilot tells them that the air traffic control tower has requested they park at the terminal and not Teabing's private hanger, due to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
2. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
3. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
4. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
5. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
6. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
7. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
8. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
9. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
10. How do Sophie and Teabing manage to save the keystone when Silas attacks them in Teabing's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you feel that major mysteries such as a the mystery of the Holy Grail were meant to be solved, or do you think that they are too dangerous to pursue or better left unsolved? What are the implications of solving major world mysteries such as the Holy Grail, alien invasions or the Bermuda Triangle, both good and bad? Use examples from life and from the story to back up your stance on solving world mysteries.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Jacques was a good person? Also, do you think he raised Sophie in a good way? Why or why not? Cite examples from the story to back up your position.
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)