|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the thing that Langdon says is a map to the Holy Grail?
2. Bishop Aringarosa leaves the Castel Gandolfo with a heavy briefcase containing ________ equaling twenty million euros.
3. Back at the ______________, Lieutenant Collet and his men are searching the premises?
4. Where does Teabing live?
5. How does Remy die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
2. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
3. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
4. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
5. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
6. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
7. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
8. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
9. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
10. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following people and describe, in detail, the inner conflicts of his/her character using several examples from the book:
Essay Topic 2
Both the relationship between Aringarosa and Silas and the one between Jacques and Sophie were destructive. Compare and contrast the two situations. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Also, do you feel that Sophie's relationship with Jacques was resolved at all at the end of the book, even though the two could never speak and resolve their differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)