|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Remy tells Silas that Remy was hired by whom?
2. Sophie is secretly hopeful that the whole adventure will lead to answers about what?
3. Pagan traditions of what were mixed with Christian traditions, according to Teabing?
4. Just before landing, the pilot tells them that the air traffic control tower has requested they park at the terminal and not Teabing's private hanger, due to what?
5. Langdon has the final message safely in ____________ and the gun trained on Teabing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
2. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
3. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
4. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
5. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
6. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
7. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
8. How do Sophie and Teabing manage to save the keystone when Silas attacks them in Teabing's home?
9. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
10. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were a member of the Priory of Sion and had to choose whether or not to reveal the secret of the Holy Grail and the bloodline of Jesus, would you reveal it or keep it hidden? Defend your choice, in detail, using examples from real life, your own personal observations about religion, and examples from the book to support your choice.
Essay Topic 2
Do you feel that major mysteries such as a the mystery of the Holy Grail were meant to be solved, or do you think that they are too dangerous to pursue or better left unsolved? What are the implications of solving major world mysteries such as the Holy Grail, alien invasions or the Bermuda Triangle, both good and bad? Use examples from life and from the story to back up your stance on solving world mysteries.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)