|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The vial of ___________ within the keystone shatters and the liquid leaks out.
2. Fache arrives at ________ airport where Teabing's plane had landed earlier.
3. Sophie felt emotional and could not believe that her grandfather had encoded what into the cryptex?
4. The armored truck stops and the cargo doors open with _________ holding a pistol aimed at Sophie and Langdon?
5. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
2. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
3. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
4. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
5. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
6. What reason does Langdon figure out that caused Fache to frame Langdon for murder?
7. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
8. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
9. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
10. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which one of the following characters do you feel was most important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1: What does the Holy Grail represent to most people in real life?
Part 2: What does the Holy Grail represent in the book?
Part 3: Which representation of the Holy Grail do you think would have the most benefits for mankind and why?
Part 4: Which representation of the Holy Grail do you think would harm mankind most and why?
Essay Topic 3
The author, Dan Brown, uses plot twists quite often in the book. Describe, in detail, your favorite plot twist. Why was it your favorite? What new information did it provide? What old information did it nullify? Also, how different do you feel the book would have been, had that plot twist not existed?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)