|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While standing in Teabing's empty chateau, who receives a call that the president of the Depository Bank is changing his story?
2. Sophie, Langdon and Teabing have to fabricate a story in order for whom to let them in at 7:30 in the morning?
3. Teabing confirms that Da Vinci hid clues about what in his artwork?
4. The vial of ___________ within the keystone shatters and the liquid leaks out.
5. Vernet tells Langdon and Sophie that he has a duty to protect what?
Essay Topic 1
Both the relationship between Aringarosa and Silas and the one between Jacques and Sophie were destructive. Compare and contrast the two situations. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Also, do you feel that Sophie's relationship with Jacques was resolved at all at the end of the book, even though the two could never speak and resolve their differences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
Essay Topic 3
In the book, there is quite a bit of corruption within the Opus Dei order. What major real life organizations might that be compared to and in what ways? Use examples from both the book and real life to support your answers.
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)