|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagan traditions of what were mixed with Christian traditions, according to Teabing?
2. What is the name of the device inside the box that Langdon and Sophie open after escaping from the bank?
3. What is the name of the thing that Langdon says is a map to the Holy Grail?
4. Teabing tells of how books of the Bible were chosen by whom?
5. Sophie felt emotional and could not believe that her grandfather had encoded what into the cryptex?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
2. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
3. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
4. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
5. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
6. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
7. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
8. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
9. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
10. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were a member of the Priory of Sion and had to choose whether or not to reveal the secret of the Holy Grail and the bloodline of Jesus, would you reveal it or keep it hidden? Defend your choice, in detail, using examples from real life, your own personal observations about religion, and examples from the book to support your choice.
Essay Topic 2
Which one of the following characters do you feel was least important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Jacques was a good person? Also, do you think he raised Sophie in a good way? Why or why not? Cite examples from the story to back up your position.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)