|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Andre Vernet?
2. Sophie is using her black light looking for more clues. She looks behind a large Da Vinci painting called what?
3. How does Fache think Langdon escaped from the museum?
4. Robert Langdon is awakened while sleeping where?
5. Sister Sandrine Bieil lived in a suite within the Church of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
2. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
3. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
4. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
5. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
6. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
7. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
8. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
9. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
10. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which one of the following characters do you feel was least important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following people and describe, in detail, the inner conflicts of his/her character using several examples from the book:
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)