|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sister Sandrine is on the phone leaving a message at one of the phone numbers on the list conveying what message?
2. The Embassy tells Fache that they have no _____________.
3. The curator had drawn a five pointed star on what, using his own blood?
4. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
5. Langdon says that Boticelli, Sir Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo, and who were famous members of the Priory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
2. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
3. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
4. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
5. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
6. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
7. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
8. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
9. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
10. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Possible corruption within law enforcement is a major part of the book's plot, as we are lead to believe that Fache is the Teacher for quite a while. Name and describe in detail two methods that you would implement in order to cut back on the possibility of corruption in a police organization.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think Jacques was a good person? Also, do you think he raised Sophie in a good way? Why or why not? Cite examples from the story to back up your position.
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)