Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Sophie and Langdon race through the streets of Paris, Sophie hands ____________ over to Langdon for him to inspect?
2. What problem occurred that allowed Silas to escape from prison?
3. What part of the museum has become the command center for the investigation?
4. Sister Sandrine is on the phone leaving a message at one of the phone numbers on the list conveying what message?
5. Silas has received information about the location of something called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
2. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
3. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
4. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
5. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
6. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
7. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
8. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
9. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
10. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
Which one of the following characters do you feel was least important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
The author, Dan Brown, uses plot twists quite often in the book. Describe, in detail, your favorite plot twist. Why was it your favorite? What new information did it provide? What old information did it nullify? Also, how different do you feel the book would have been, had that plot twist not existed?
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)