|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The item, Silas has heard, is in what city?
2. What is the last name of Jacques who dies in the beginning of the book?
3. The Bishop is curt with the group when they hand over a large briefcase containing what?
4. What is the profession of Andre Vernet?
5. Sophie tells Langdon that Jacques was whose grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
2. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
3. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
4. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
5. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
6. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
7. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
8. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
9. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
10. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any one of the following characters and explain his role in the story as it progresses. What side is he on? What are his motivations? What important events is he involved in?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that Dan Brown implies in the book is that religious beliefs are always flawed or, at least, incomplete in some way. Do you agree with that opinion? Use examples from both the book and real life to explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)