|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Langdon is awakened while sleeping where?
2. How does Fache think Langdon escaped from the museum?
3. The Priory was said to have been founded by a French king for the purpose of what?
4. What is the person Silas works for referred to as?
5. Bishop Aringarosa is traveling to what city, as he leaves Opus Dei headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
2. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
3. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
4. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
5. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
6. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
7. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
8. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
9. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
10. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is a major literary device which Dan Brown, the author of the Da Vinci Code, uses often. Explain, in detail, three spots where Brown uses foreshadowing in the book as well as what events those three things foreshadow.
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that Dan Brown implies in the book is that religious beliefs are always flawed or, at least, incomplete in some way. Do you agree with that opinion? Use examples from both the book and real life to explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Possible corruption within law enforcement is a major part of the book's plot, as we are lead to believe that Fache is the Teacher for quite a while. Name and describe in detail two methods that you would implement in order to cut back on the possibility of corruption in a police organization.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)