|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Jacques who dies in the beginning of the book?
2. How does Fache think Langdon escaped from the museum?
3. Silas has denied himself sexual pleasure for how many years?
4. Aringarosa was summoned where five months earlier tfor a secret meeting?
5. Langdon is excited to see one of the most popular ________ in all the world.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
2. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
3. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
4. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
5. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
6. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
7. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
8. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
9. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
10. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the book doesn't detail Robert Langdon's history, certain assumptions can be made about him. He is clearly more of an analytical thinker than a believer in divine influence.
1. Are you an analytical thinker like Robert Langdon? Why or why not?
2. List five reasons that someone might believe in divine influence and five reasons that they might not.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Jacques was a good person? Also, do you think he raised Sophie in a good way? Why or why not? Cite examples from the story to back up your position.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any one of the following characters and explain his role in the story as it progresses. What side is he on? What are his motivations? What important events is he involved in?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)