|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Langdon and Sophie are conversing in the restroom, Fache is watching Langdon's every move from where?
2. What is the profession of Andre Vernet?
3. While Sophie and Langdon race through the streets of Paris, Sophie hands ____________ over to Langdon for him to inspect?
4. Aringarosa was summoned where five months earlier tfor a secret meeting?
5. What is the albino's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
2. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
3. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
4. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
5. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
6. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
7. Why does Fache dislike Sophie, in Chapters 9 and 10, and do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
8. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
9. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
10. What is the significance of Friday the 13th according to this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is a major literary device which Dan Brown, the author of the Da Vinci Code, uses often. Explain, in detail, three spots where Brown uses foreshadowing in the book as well as what events those three things foreshadow.
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)