|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
2. Sister Sandrine is on the phone leaving a message at one of the phone numbers on the list conveying what message?
3. Silas approaches what in the church?
4. Who is watching Silas from above, as he is in the church?
5. Silas reveals a compartment and reaches in to find what with a Bible verse referenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
2. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
3. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
4. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
5. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
6. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
7. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
8. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
9. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
10. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were a member of the Priory of Sion and had to choose whether or not to reveal the secret of the Holy Grail and the bloodline of Jesus, would you reveal it or keep it hidden? Defend your choice, in detail, using examples from real life, your own personal observations about religion, and examples from the book to support your choice.
Essay Topic 2
Leigh Teabing, it is revealed late in the book, is the actual Teacher. What are Teabing's motivations? Also, was there a point, before the secret was revealed, that you suspected Teabing of being the Teacher? Why or why not? Also, if so, what was the first thing that made you suspect him?
Essay Topic 3
Which one of the following characters do you feel was most important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)