|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Langdon decides that the message was what sort of puzzle, which Sophie confirms that Jacques used often and liked?
2. The Priory was said to have been founded by a French king for the purpose of what?
3. Robert Langdon is awakened while sleeping where?
4. What is the profession of Andre Vernet?
5. Inside the safety deposit box, Langdon and Sophie find what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
2. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
3. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
4. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
5. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
6. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
7. What is Langdon's reaction to the murder, up to the end of Chapter 5?
8. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
9. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
10. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author, Dan Brown, uses plot twists quite often in the book. Describe, in detail, your favorite plot twist. Why was it your favorite? What new information did it provide? What old information did it nullify? Also, how different do you feel the book would have been, had that plot twist not existed?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that Dan Brown implies in the book is that religious beliefs are always flawed or, at least, incomplete in some way. Do you agree with that opinion? Use examples from both the book and real life to explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Which one of the following characters do you feel was most important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)