|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Sophie and Langdon race through the streets of Paris, Sophie hands ____________ over to Langdon for him to inspect?
2. Who joins Langdon in the bathroom?
3. The item, Silas has heard, is in what city?
4. Sophie knew that the only way she was going to save Langdon was to get him to _________ before Fache could arrest him.
5. Sister Sandrine Bieil lived in a suite within the Church of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
2. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
3. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
4. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
5. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
6. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
7. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
8. Why is the opening of the book so suspenseful?
9. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
10. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leigh Teabing, it is revealed late in the book, is the actual Teacher. What are Teabing's motivations? Also, was there a point, before the secret was revealed, that you suspected Teabing of being the Teacher? Why or why not? Also, if so, what was the first thing that made you suspect him?
Essay Topic 2
Which one of the following characters do you feel was least important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any one of the following characters and explain his role in the story as it progresses. What side is he on? What are his motivations? What important events is he involved in?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)