|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Silas' mother?
2. Sister Sandrine Bieil lived in a suite within the Church of what?
3. What part of the museum has become the command center for the investigation?
4. Langdon finds it strange that the captain is wearing a tie clip known as a what?
5. The item, Silas has heard, is in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
2. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
3. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
4. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
5. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
6. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
7. What does Sophie discover about herself in the closing chapters of the book?
8. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
9. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
10. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
Essay Topic 1
Do you feel that major mysteries such as a the mystery of the Holy Grail were meant to be solved, or do you think that they are too dangerous to pursue or better left unsolved? What are the implications of solving major world mysteries such as the Holy Grail, alien invasions or the Bermuda Triangle, both good and bad? Use examples from life and from the story to back up your stance on solving world mysteries.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and describe, in detail, the inner conflicts of his/her character using several examples from the book:
Essay Topic 3
Use examples from specific parts of the book to back up your answers to both of the following questions:
Part 1: Discuss Sophie's relationship with her grandfather and how it influenced her choice of work.
Part 2: What other line of work could you picture Sophie in and why?
This section contains 2,215 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)