|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bishop Aringarosa is traveling to what city, as he leaves Opus Dei headquarters?
2. How does Fache think Langdon escaped from the museum?
3. What item does Silas take out of his dresser at the brownstone?
4. The body was laid out in a replica of Leonardo Da Vinci's most famous sketch, called what?
5. What is written in invisible ink on the key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
2. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
3. What interesting religious opinions does Teabing reveal to Sophie in this section?
4. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
5. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
6. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
7. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
8. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
9. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
10. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there is quite a bit of corruption within the Opus Dei order. What major real life organizations might that be compared to and in what ways? Use examples from both the book and real life to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author, Dan Brown, uses plot twists quite often in the book. Describe, in detail, your favorite plot twist. Why was it your favorite? What new information did it provide? What old information did it nullify? Also, how different do you feel the book would have been, had that plot twist not existed?
Essay Topic 3
Possible corruption within law enforcement is a major part of the book's plot, as we are lead to believe that Fache is the Teacher for quite a while. Name and describe in detail two methods that you would implement in order to cut back on the possibility of corruption in a police organization.
This section contains 2,122 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)