|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Embassy tells Fache that they have no _____________.
2. Langdon found it interesting that the curator spoke __________, yet wrote his dying messages in English.
3. What problem occurred that allowed Silas to escape from prison?
4. How many men await Bishop Aringarosa in the conference room?
5. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
2. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
3. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
4. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
5. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
6. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
7. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
8. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
9. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
10. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following people and describe, in detail, the inner conflicts of his/her character using several examples from the book:
Essay Topic 2
Possible corruption within law enforcement is a major part of the book's plot, as we are lead to believe that Fache is the Teacher for quite a while. Name and describe in detail two methods that you would implement in order to cut back on the possibility of corruption in a police organization.
Essay Topic 3
If you were a member of the Priory of Sion and had to choose whether or not to reveal the secret of the Holy Grail and the bloodline of Jesus, would you reveal it or keep it hidden? Defend your choice, in detail, using examples from real life, your own personal observations about religion, and examples from the book to support your choice.
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)