|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Priory was said to have been founded by a French king for the purpose of what?
2. Langdon thinks that what person was a member of the Priory of Sion?
3. Aringarosa is shuttled to Castel _____________.
4. Sophie and Langdon are at the train station, and Sophie asks Langdon to use his credit card to buy two tickets on the first train doing what?
5. Who is horrified when Sophie tells him her grandfather is Jacques Sauniere?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
2. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
3. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
4. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
5. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
6. What is the Priory of Sion, according to Langdon, and how does it play a role in the story?
7. What sort of background information does Langdon give on Da Vinci in this section of the book?
8. What is Langdon's reaction to the murder, up to the end of Chapter 5?
9. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
10. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you were a member of the Priory of Sion and had to choose whether or not to reveal the secret of the Holy Grail and the bloodline of Jesus, would you reveal it or keep it hidden? Defend your choice, in detail, using examples from real life, your own personal observations about religion, and examples from the book to support your choice.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and describe, in detail, the inner conflicts of his/her character using several examples from the book:
Essay Topic 3
Leigh Teabing, it is revealed late in the book, is the actual Teacher. What are Teabing's motivations? Also, was there a point, before the secret was revealed, that you suspected Teabing of being the Teacher? Why or why not? Also, if so, what was the first thing that made you suspect him?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)