|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie tells Langdon that her grandfather had taught her about what?
2. Langdon finds it hard to believe that Jacques could have been one of only four in the world that know where what is kept?
3. Sister Sandrine is on the phone leaving a message at one of the phone numbers on the list conveying what message?
4. What is the person Silas works for referred to as?
5. The Bishop is curt with the group when they hand over a large briefcase containing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
2. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
3. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
4. Why is the opening of the book so suspenseful?
5. What is the Priory of Sion, according to Langdon, and how does it play a role in the story?
6. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
7. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
8. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
9. What sort of background information does Langdon give on Da Vinci in this section of the book?
10. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following people and describe, in detail, the inner conflicts of his/her character using several examples from the book:
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Da Vinci really did belong to a secret society and hid clues to the society's secrets in his works? Why or why not? Also, assuming for a moment that Da Vinci did hide secrets in his work, do you feel that it was a good idea for him to do so? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which one of the following characters do you feel was least important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)