|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Langdon and Sophie to escape in the armored truck when they are held at gunpoint?
(a) A stranger appears and saves them.
(b) Sophie pulls her own gun.
(c) A window jams.
(d) A door jams.
2. Langdon, Sophie, and Teabing resume their examination of what object and Langdon removes the inlay from it?
(a) the painting
(b) the rosewood box
(c) the keystone
(d) the cryptex
3. What the three inside the house do not know is that outside, __________ is in the bushes, waiting for the chance to enter the house and retrieve the keystone.
4. Sophie and Langdon find an interesting book about who in the library?
(a) Sir Isaac Newton
(b) Sir Lancelot
(c) Sir Galahad
(d) Da Vinci
5. While standing in Teabing's empty chateau, who receives a call that the president of the Depository Bank is changing his story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the device inside the box that Langdon and Sophie open after escaping from the bank?
2. Teabing thinks the knight is one of those killed in what year?
3. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
4. Collet's man found a ladder leading up to a loft that housed _____________ in the barn.
5. While Fache is waiting for the safe to be drilled open, he receives a call from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
2. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
3. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
4. What interesting religious opinions does Teabing reveal to Sophie in this section?
5. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
6. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
7. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
8. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
9. Who shoots Aringarosa and what are the implications of that?
10. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)