|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Langdon figures out what the riddle means when it refers to the Templar headstone. It is referring to ________, the pagan fertility god.
2. Langdon, Sophie, and Teabing resume their examination of what object and Langdon removes the inlay from it?
(a) the painting
(b) the keystone
(c) the cryptex
(d) the rosewood box
3. Sophie wonders out loud if Vernet wants what for himself?
(b) reward money
(c) the keystone
(d) the Grail
4. Who calls the Direction Centrale Police Judiciaire in an attempt to contact the Teacher?
(b) Teabing's butler
5. While Fache is waiting for the safe to be drilled open, he receives a call from whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing confirms that Da Vinci hid clues about what in his artwork?
2. Teabing thinks the knight is one of those killed in what year?
3. The plane is empty when the inspector boards it except for whom?
4. Sophie notices that the tenth tomb does not have __________ and she calls the others over.
5. Collet found little of interest, except for a photo of __________ with a list of the Priory of Sion's Grand Masters.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
2. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
3. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
4. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
5. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
6. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
7. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
8. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
9. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
10. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)