|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Silas attacks, which person does he knock to the floor?
(d) the butler
2. While Sophie and Langdon try to find a docent to point them toward the tomb, who has already found it?
(b) the Teacher
3. Bishop Aringarosa leaves the Castel Gandolfo with a heavy briefcase containing ________ equaling twenty million euros.
(a) gold bars
(c) silver bars
4. Remy drops Silas off on a quiet street near what building?
(b) Opus Dei building
(c) police station
5. Sophie recounts her story discovering her grandfather was involved in what?
(a) a murder plot
(b) a sex rite
(c) illegal gambling
(d) a smuggling ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Langdon's editor in New York?
2. What illness did Teabing suffer from?
3. Remy pours what beverage for himself and Silas?
4. Aringarosa asks Fache if he will take the Vatican bonds and distribute them to the families of those Silas had murdered where?
5. Teabing happens to know of the Temple Church in London which houses how many knights' tombs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
2. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
3. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
4. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
5. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
6. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
7. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
8. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
9. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
10. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)