|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What the police do not know is that before they arrived Remy, Langdon, and Sophie, carrying the monk, quickly left the plane before it had made its full turn in the hanger and had hidden where?
(a) inside crates in the hanger
(b) inside the limo
(c) inside a nearby maintenance truck
(d) inside a utility closet
2. Collet's man found a ladder leading up to a loft that housed _____________ in the barn.
(a) a safe
(b) a briefcase
(c) an escaped prisoner
(d) a computer work station
3. What awakens Silas when the police arrive?
(a) a police siren
(b) Silas' instincts
(c) a phone call
(d) a knock on the door
4. Aringarosa asks Fache if he will take the Vatican bonds and distribute them to the families of those Silas had murdered where?
5. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
(b) a silver watch
(c) a diamond ring
(d) a gold necklace
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the ______________, Lieutenant Collet and his men are searching the premises?
2. Sophie wonders out loud if Vernet wants what for himself?
3. Who grabs Silas' shoulder and gets shot as a result?
4. While standing in Teabing's empty chateau, who receives a call that the president of the Depository Bank is changing his story?
5. What the three inside the house do not know is that outside, __________ is in the bushes, waiting for the chance to enter the house and retrieve the keystone.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
2. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
3. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
4. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
5. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
6. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
7. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
8. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
9. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
10. Explain the encounter between Langdon, Sophie and Teabing and the police at the airport.
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)