|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Teabing returns to demand an explanation from Langdon as to why the news is saying that ______________________.
(a) The church has been burned to the ground.
(b) The Grail has been found.
(c) Langdon is a murder.
(d) The Museum has bene robbed.
2. Teabing tells of how books of the Bible were chosen by whom?
3. Which of the following is not one of the symbols Teabing tells Sophie was created to represent Mary?
(b) Holy Grail
4. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
(b) a silver watch
(c) a diamond ring
(d) a gold necklace
5. Sophie kicks Silas in what part of his body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Collet found little of interest, except for a photo of __________ with a list of the Priory of Sion's Grand Masters.
2. Teabing confirms that Da Vinci hid clues about what in his artwork?
3. What is the name of the device inside the box that Langdon and Sophie open after escaping from the bank?
4. While standing in Teabing's empty chateau, who receives a call that the president of the Depository Bank is changing his story?
5. How does Remy die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
2. What reason does Langdon figure out that caused Fache to frame Langdon for murder?
3. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
4. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
5. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
6. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
7. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
8. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
9. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
10. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)