|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Sophie and Langdon try to find a docent to point them toward the tomb, who has already found it?
(d) the Teacher
2. Collet receives a phone call from Andre Vernet looking for whom?
3. Where does Teabing live?
4. Teabing claims that what painting shows the Holy Grail as a person, not a cup?
(a) Madonna on the Rocks
(b) the Last Supper
(c) the Mona Lisa
(d) Madonna by the Sea
5. Sophie is secretly hopeful that the whole adventure will lead to answers about what?
(a) Sophie's family
(b) the location of Mary's body
(c) Jacques' secret life
(d) the cup of Christ
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing returns to demand an explanation from Langdon as to why the news is saying that ______________________.
2. Langdon figures out what the riddle means when it refers to the Templar headstone. It is referring to ________, the pagan fertility god.
3. Teabing insists that he is leaving in his limousine with whom?
4. How does Remy die?
5. What do Langdon and Sophie have to mention in order for the librarian to let them in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
2. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
3. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
4. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
5. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
6. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
7. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
8. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
9. How do Sophie and Teabing manage to save the keystone when Silas attacks them in Teabing's home?
10. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)