|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Langdon and Sophie to escape in the armored truck when they are held at gunpoint?
(a) Sophie pulls her own gun.
(b) A door jams.
(c) A window jams.
(d) A stranger appears and saves them.
2. Teabing happens to know of the Temple Church in London which houses how many knights' tombs?
3. While Fache is waiting for the safe to be drilled open, he receives a call from whom?
4. Langdon has the final message safely in ____________ and the gun trained on Teabing.
(a) Langdon's briefcase
(b) Langdon's pocket
(c) Sophie's purse
(d) the car
5. Langdon remembers one friend named _____________ who knows more about the Grail than anyone?
(a) Sir Leigh Teabing
(b) Sir Lawrence Teabing
(c) Sir Leonard Teabing
(d) Sir Lionel Teabing
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing tells of how books of the Bible were chosen by whom?
2. Sophie is secretly hopeful that the whole adventure will lead to answers about what?
3. While Fache oversees the destruction of the safe in Teabing's plane, he receives a phone call from whom?
4. When Remy joins Silas in the driver's seat of the limo, he puts up a partition. Not long after, Silas's cell phone rings with a call from whom?
5. Pagan traditions of what were mixed with Christian traditions, according to Teabing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
2. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
3. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
4. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
5. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
6. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
7. Who shoots Aringarosa and what are the implications of that?
8. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
9. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
10. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)