|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aringarosa asks Fache if he will take the Vatican bonds and distribute them to the families of those Silas had murdered where?
2. Bishop Aringarosa leaves the Castel Gandolfo with a heavy briefcase containing ________ equaling twenty million euros.
(c) silver bars
(d) gold bars
3. Vernet decides to conduct his own investigation and orders every piece of information on whom from Interpol?
4. Sophie and Langdon head to the tube station to take the subway to where?
(a) King's Concourse
(b) King's Cross
(c) King's College
(d) King's Common
5. Back at the ______________, Lieutenant Collet and his men are searching the premises?
(a) Chateau Vignette
(b) Chateau Varset
(c) Chateau Villette
(d) Chateau Vornlette
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagan traditions of what were mixed with Christian traditions, according to Teabing?
2. Back in the barn at Chateau Villette, Collet and his men discover that the surveillance equipment is set up to listen in on how many people?
3. Vernet tells Langdon and Sophie that he has a duty to protect what?
4. How is the text of the unfamiliar script on the inlay coded?
5. What is the name of the device inside the box that Langdon and Sophie open after escaping from the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
2. Who shoots Aringarosa and what are the implications of that?
3. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
4. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
5. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
6. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
7. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
8. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
9. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
10. Explain the encounter between Langdon, Sophie and Teabing and the police at the airport.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)