|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Teabing insists that he is leaving in his limousine with whom?
2. Bezu Fache arrives at the Airfield from which whose plane has just departed?
3. Remy pours what beverage for himself and Silas?
4. Collet's man found a ladder leading up to a loft that housed _____________ in the barn.
(a) a safe
(b) an escaped prisoner
(c) a computer work station
(d) a briefcase
5. What awakens Silas when the police arrive?
(a) Silas' instincts
(b) a phone call
(c) a knock on the door
(d) a police siren
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing tells Sophie that Mary was pregnant at the crucifixion and then shuttled off to what is now __________ to have her baby.
2. Who calls the Direction Centrale Police Judiciaire in an attempt to contact the Teacher?
3. Sophie kicks Silas in what part of his body?
4. Teabing shows Sophie passages from the _____________ that talked about Magdalene as Christ's spouse.
5. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
2. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
3. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
4. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
5. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
6. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
7. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
8. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
9. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
10. What interesting religious opinions does Teabing reveal to Sophie in this section?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)