|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The name Langdon, Sophie and Teabing come up with has too many letters, so they decide to apply the ancient ________________ to the word.
(a) Arbush Cipher
(b) Abransh Cipher
(c) Atbash Cipher
(d) Ablash Cipher
2. Sophie recounts her story discovering her grandfather was involved in what?
(a) a sex rite
(b) a smuggling ring
(c) a murder plot
(d) illegal gambling
3. Sophie is secretly hopeful that the whole adventure will lead to answers about what?
(a) the location of Mary's body
(b) Sophie's family
(c) the cup of Christ
(d) Jacques' secret life
4. Sophie and Langdon are looking for what that ought be on the tomb?
5. While Sophie and Langdon try to find a docent to point them toward the tomb, who has already found it?
(a) the Teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at the ______________, Lieutenant Collet and his men are searching the premises?
2. What allows Langdon and Sophie to escape in the armored truck when they are held at gunpoint?
3. Langdon figures out what the riddle means when it refers to the Templar headstone. It is referring to ________, the pagan fertility god.
4. Aringarosa was also traveling by air at the same time as Teabing's group, en route to where?
5. Sophie notices that the tenth tomb does not have __________ and she calls the others over.
Short Essay Questions
1. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
2. How does the relationship between Langdon and Sophie change, in Chapters 79 through 84, and what events are foreshadowed that may cause them to have conflicting views?
3. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
4. Who shoots Aringarosa and what are the implications of that?
5. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
6. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
7. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
8. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
9. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
10. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)