|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the Direction Centrale Police Judiciaire in an attempt to contact the Teacher?
(b) Teabing's butler
2. Teabing thinks the knight is one of those killed in what year?
3. Sophie and Langdon arrive at ____________ in search of Newton's tomb.
(a) the Royal Palace
(b) a small cemetery in the country
(c) Westminster Abbey
(d) the Tower of London
4. Vernet tells Langdon and Sophie that he has a duty to protect what?
(a) his own assets
(b) the bank's assets
(c) Jacques' assets
(d) innocent citizens
5. Where does Teabing live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the symbols Teabing tells Sophie was created to represent Mary?
2. Aringarosa was also traveling by air at the same time as Teabing's group, en route to where?
3. When Silas attacks, which person does he knock to the floor?
4. What the three inside the house do not know is that outside, __________ is in the bushes, waiting for the chance to enter the house and retrieve the keystone.
5. What awakens Silas when the police arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
2. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
3. What reason does Langdon figure out that caused Fache to frame Langdon for murder?
4. Explain the encounter between Langdon, Sophie and Teabing and the police at the airport.
5. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
6. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
7. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
8. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
9. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
10. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)