|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fache arrives at ________ airport where Teabing's plane had landed earlier.
(a) Biggin Hill
(b) Buggin Hill
(c) Boggin Hill
(d) Baggin Hill
2. What is the name of the thing that Langdon says is a map to the Holy Grail?
3. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
(b) a diamond ring
(c) a silver watch
(d) a gold necklace
4. What is the name of Langdon's editor in New York?
5. Remy tells Silas that Remy was hired by whom?
(a) the Teacher
(d) the Opus Dei council members
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing insists that he is leaving in his limousine with whom?
2. What the police do not know is that before they arrived Remy, Langdon, and Sophie, carrying the monk, quickly left the plane before it had made its full turn in the hanger and had hidden where?
3. Langdon remembers one friend named _____________ who knows more about the Grail than anyone?
4. Who calls the Direction Centrale Police Judiciaire in an attempt to contact the Teacher?
5. While Sophie and Langdon try to find a docent to point them toward the tomb, who has already found it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
2. What is Fache's actual role in the book and how is it revealed in Chapters 101 through 104?
3. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
4. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
5. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
6. What reason does Langdon figure out that caused Fache to frame Langdon for murder?
7. What interesting religious opinions does Teabing reveal to Sophie in this section?
8. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
9. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
10. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)