|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie is secretly hopeful that the whole adventure will lead to answers about what?
(a) Sophie's family
(b) the cup of Christ
(c) Jacques' secret life
(d) the location of Mary's body
2. Sophie felt emotional and could not believe that her grandfather had encoded what into the cryptex?
(a) his own name
(b) Sophie's mother's name
(c) Sophie's father's name
(d) Sophie's name
3. Fache arrives at ________ airport where Teabing's plane had landed earlier.
(a) Biggin Hill
(b) Boggin Hill
(c) Buggin Hill
(d) Baggin Hill
4. What item does Remy retrieve from the bar?
(b) wine opener
5. Bezu Fache arrives at the Airfield from which whose plane has just departed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Teabing live?
2. Aringarosa was also traveling by air at the same time as Teabing's group, en route to where?
3. How is the text of the unfamiliar script on the inlay coded?
4. Who grabs Silas' shoulder and gets shot as a result?
5. Pagan traditions of what were mixed with Christian traditions, according to Teabing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons that Langdon and Sophie suspect that Jacques passed on his secrets to them as stated in Chapters 59 through 63?
2. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
3. How do Sophie and Teabing manage to save the keystone when Silas attacks them in Teabing's home?
4. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
5. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
6. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
7. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
8. What important twist occurs in Chapter 87 and how does the author use it to build suspense?
9. Why does Langdon feel that the riddle on the inlay was written in English?
10. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)