|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the symbols Teabing tells Sophie was created to represent Mary?
(c) Holy Grail
2. Remy pours what beverage for himself and Silas?
3. Vernet tells Langdon and Sophie that he has a duty to protect what?
(a) his own assets
(b) innocent citizens
(c) the bank's assets
(d) Jacques' assets
4. Sophie wonders out loud if Vernet wants what for himself?
(a) the Grail
(b) reward money
(c) the keystone
5. What allows Langdon and Sophie to escape in the armored truck when they are held at gunpoint?
(a) A door jams.
(b) A window jams.
(c) Sophie pulls her own gun.
(d) A stranger appears and saves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he realizes that he must go to London, Aringarosa bribes the pilot with what?
2. Just before landing, the pilot tells them that the air traffic control tower has requested they park at the terminal and not Teabing's private hanger, due to what?
3. Langdon remembers one friend named _____________ who knows more about the Grail than anyone?
4. When Remy joins Silas in the driver's seat of the limo, he puts up a partition. Not long after, Silas's cell phone rings with a call from whom?
5. Langdon says that, throughout history, two groups pursue what object?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusions can be drawn from the surveillance post in the barn and what questions does it raise?
2. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
3. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
4. What does Teabing point out about the painting of The Last Supper and what questions does it raise?
5. What does Langdon think is significant about the cryptex?
6. How and why has Vernet's attitude changed and what does it mean for Langdon and Sophie in this section?
7. What is the major plot twist in Chapters 96 through 100?
8. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
9. How does the point of view change in Chapter 83, and what new insights does it give?
10. What does the rain, as Silas enters Opus Dei, seem to symbolize?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)