|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Collet found little of interest, except for a photo of __________ with a list of the Priory of Sion's Grand Masters.
(a) a museum
(b) a cathedral
(c) a school
(d) a small house
2. Remy drops Silas off on a quiet street near what building?
(b) Opus Dei building
(c) police station
3. Sophie wonders out loud if Vernet wants what for himself?
(a) reward money
(c) the keystone
(d) the Grail
4. Sophie and Langdon are looking for what that ought be on the tomb?
5. What allows Langdon and Sophie to escape in the armored truck when they are held at gunpoint?
(a) A window jams.
(b) A door jams.
(c) A stranger appears and saves them.
(d) Sophie pulls her own gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teabing claims that what painting shows the Holy Grail as a person, not a cup?
2. Sophie notices that the tenth tomb does not have __________ and she calls the others over.
3. When Silas attacks, which person does he knock to the floor?
4. While Fache oversees the destruction of the safe in Teabing's plane, he receives a phone call from whom?
5. Collet receives a phone call from Andre Vernet looking for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the encounter between Langdon, Sophie and Teabing and the police at the airport.
2. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
3. How is symbolism used in this section of the book (Chapters 74-78), to tie up the symbols that were used throughout previous sections of the book?
4. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
5. Do you think it would be a good idea for Sophie and Langdon to become romantically involved? Why or why not?
6. Do you agree with Langdon's decision to go to Teabing's, in Chapters 50 through 54? Why or why not?
7. What important things are revealed in Chapters 59 through 63?
8. What reason does Langdon figure out that caused Fache to frame Langdon for murder?
9. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
10. How, in this section, does the author emphasize the implications of finding the Holy Grail?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)