|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie Neveu's profession?
(d) security guard
2. Langdon believes Da Vinci's work contains a message of androgyny by making Mona Lisa an anagram for the female and male Egyptian gods of fertility--Lisa and ________.
3. What is the person Silas works for referred to as?
4. Sophie is using her black light looking for more clues. She looks behind a large Da Vinci painting called what?
(a) Madonna of the Fields
(b) Madonna of the Rocks
(c) Madonna of Dreams
(d) Madonna by the Sea
5. Part of the message the curator left before he died read what?
(a) O, Devil Draconis!
(b) O, Draculian Devil!
(c) O, Draconian Devil!
(d) Dracovian Devil O!
Short Answer Questions
1. While Sophie and Langdon race through the streets of Paris, Sophie hands ____________ over to Langdon for him to inspect?
2. What is written in invisible ink on the key?
3. Silas performs corporal mortification for what reason?
4. The Opus Dei World Headquarters is located on Lexington Avenue in what U.S. city?
5. What is the last name of Jacques who dies in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
2. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
3. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
4. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
5. Why does Fache dislike Sophie, in Chapters 9 and 10, and do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
6. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
7. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
8. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
9. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
10. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)