|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the museum, Robert is met by Captain ________.
2. What is the last name of Jacques who dies in the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Silas follow deep into the church?
(a) Sister Sandrine
(b) the handyman
(c) Brother Benjamin
(d) Father Ferdinand
4. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
5. Aringarosa is shuttled to Castel _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Silas' mother?
2. When Sophie and Langdon approach the address written on the key, they find themselves at what sort of building?
3. What is the person Silas works for referred to as?
4. Back at the Church Saint-Sulpice Silas smashes a floor tile with what?
5. What item does Silas take out of his dresser at the brownstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
2. What sort of background information does Langdon give on Da Vinci in this section of the book?
3. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
4. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
5. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
6. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
7. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
8. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
9. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
10. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)