|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Langdon asks Sophie if the letters _____ mean anything to her and Sophie remembers seeing them on a key.
2. Silas reveals a compartment and reaches in to find what with a Bible verse referenced?
(a) a sheet of paper
(b) a book
(c) a computer disk
(d) a stone tablet
3. The Bishop is curt with the group when they hand over a large briefcase containing what?
(c) secret documents
(d) stolen artwork
4. Silas feels lustful when he sees what?
(a) a painting of a nude woman
(b) a group of prostitutes
(c) a lost child in the street
(d) scantily clad women leaving a nightclub
5. Silas has denied himself sexual pleasure for how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Silas has received information about the location of something called what?
2. Aringarosa was summoned where five months earlier tfor a secret meeting?
3. Sophie gives Langdon a slip of paper with a phone number and what on it?
4. Who does Silas follow deep into the church?
5. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
2. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
3. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
4. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
5. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
6. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
7. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
8. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
9. What is Langdon's reaction to the murder, up to the end of Chapter 5?
10. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)