|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written in invisible ink on the key?
(a) an address
(b) a coded message
(c) Langdon's name
(d) a telephone number
2. A driver in a black Fiat sedan picks up ___________ at Leonardo da Vinci International Airport?
(a) Sophie and Langdon
3. Sophie is using her black light looking for more clues. She looks behind a large Da Vinci painting called what?
(a) Madonna of Dreams
(b) Madonna of the Fields
(c) Madonna of the Rocks
(d) Madonna by the Sea
4. Who is watching Silas from above, as he is in the church?
(c) Sister Sandrine
5. How is the museum alarm set off?
(a) A security guard hits a switch.
(b) A window is broken.
(c) A painting is pulled off the wall.
(d) An invisible laser trap is triggered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part of the message the curator left before he died read what?
2. How did Sophie's family die?
3. Sophie remembers a time when she was ____________- but returned home a couple of days early to find her grandfather at his chateau in a secret basement.
4. What item does Silas take out of his dresser at the brownstone?
5. Silas performs corporal mortification for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Langdon's reaction to the murder, up to the end of Chapter 5?
2. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
3. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
4. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
5. Why is the opening of the book so suspenseful?
6. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
7. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
8. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
9. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
10. What is the significance of Friday the 13th according to this section of the book?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)