|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie knew that the only way she was going to save Langdon was to get him to _________ before Fache could arrest him.
(a) Langdon's hotel
(b) the airport
(c) U.S. Embassy
(d) Sophie's house
2. The Priory was said to have been founded by a French king for the purpose of what?
(a) helping people hide when needed
(b) stealing valuables from others
(c) protecting his own life
(d) preserving a secret
3. Sophie and Langdon move quickly toward what at the museum?
(a) the curator's office
(b) the exit
(c) the front door
(d) the emergency exit
4. Who does Silas follow deep into the church?
(a) the handyman
(b) Sister Sandrine
(c) Brother Benjamin
(d) Father Ferdinand
5. While Sophie and Langdon race through the streets of Paris, Sophie hands ____________ over to Langdon for him to inspect?
(a) a note
(b) a painting
(c) a key
(d) a figurine
Short Answer Questions
1. "So Dark the Con of Man" is the message written on what?
2. Sophie and Langdon are at the train station, and Sophie asks Langdon to use his credit card to buy two tickets on the first train doing what?
3. The curator had drawn a five pointed star on what, using his own blood?
4. Silas left home when he was how old?
5. Sophie remembers a time when she was ____________- but returned home a couple of days early to find her grandfather at his chateau in a secret basement.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
2. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
3. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
4. What is the significance of Friday the 13th according to this section of the book?
5. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
6. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
7. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
8. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
9. What is foreshadowing and how does foreshadowing begin to play into the story, especially with regard to Langdon?
10. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)