Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Sophie and Langdon race through the streets of Paris, Sophie hands ____________ over to Langdon for him to inspect?
(a) a figurine
(b) a painting
(c) a note
(d) a key
2. What problem occurred that allowed Silas to escape from prison?
3. What part of the museum has become the command center for the investigation?
(a) security office
(b) west wing
(c) east wing
(d) curator's office
4. Sister Sandrine is on the phone leaving a message at one of the phone numbers on the list conveying what message?
(a) They're all dead.
(b) It has been discovered.
(c) We must meet.
(d) He is here.
5. Silas has received information about the location of something called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bishop Aringarosa's first name is what?
2. Langdon thinks about history and the movement to remove all female presence from what?
3. While Langdon and Sophie are conversing in the restroom, Fache is watching Langdon's every move from where?
4. How is the museum alarm set off?
5. Sophie says that the series of numbers left by the curator is called what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
2. What is the cryptex and how is it discovered?
3. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
4. What do you think are Fache's motivations in the book, and what do you think it says about him as a man?
5. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
6. Explain why you do or do not feel bad for Silas.
7. What surprising twist does the story take with regard to Remy, and how might it change future events?
8. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
9. How does this section of the book (Chapters 74-78) help Sophie to understand her grandfather and help the reader to understand Sophie better?
10. How does Remy influence the story in Chapters 92 through 95, and what questions does his role in this section raise?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)