|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie and Langdon move quickly toward what at the museum?
(a) the curator's office
(b) the emergency exit
(c) the front door
(d) the exit
2. Langdon found it interesting that the curator spoke __________, yet wrote his dying messages in English.
3. The Embassy tells Fache that they have no _____________.
(a) record of a phone call
(b) automated message system
(c) note for Langdon
(d) note for Fache
4. Silas begins the practice of corporal mortification, which means what?
(a) beating himself
(b) beating an animal
(c) beating someone else
(d) having someone else beat him
5. Sophie says that the series of numbers left by the curator is called what?
(a) Fillamini Series
(b) Fillamini Sequence
(c) Fibonacci Sequence
(d) Fibonnacci Series
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie Neveu's profession?
2. Langdon finds it strange that the captain is wearing a tie clip known as a what?
3. What happened to Silas' mother?
4. The last line of Jacques' note says to find what?
5. What is written in invisible ink on the key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
2. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
3. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
4. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
5. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
6. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
7. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
8. What is the state of the crime scene, when Langdon finally sees it in person?
9. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
10. Why is the opening of the book so suspenseful?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)