|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
2. While Langdon and Sophie are conversing in the restroom, Fache is watching Langdon's every move from where?
(a) the curator's office
(b) the police department
(c) the coffee shop next door
(d) the basement of the museum
3. Robert Langdon is awakened while sleeping where?
(a) at home
(b) in the museum basement
(c) in a hotel
(d) at a friend's house
4. Langdon found it interesting that the curator spoke __________, yet wrote his dying messages in English.
5. Sophie knew that the only way she was going to save Langdon was to get him to _________ before Fache could arrest him.
(a) the airport
(b) Sophie's house
(c) U.S. Embassy
(d) Langdon's hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is horrified when Sophie tells him her grandfather is Jacques Sauniere?
2. Langdon shared that the pentacle specifically represents _________, the goddess of sexual love?
3. The Priory was said to have been founded by a French king for the purpose of what?
4. Sophie and Langdon move quickly toward what at the museum?
5. The Opus Dei World Headquarters is located on Lexington Avenue in what U.S. city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
2. Why does Fache dislike Sophie, in Chapters 9 and 10, and do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
4. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
5. If you were the albino attacker, would you have shot Jacques as quickly? Why or why not?
6. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
7. How do Sophie and Langdon determine what to do after they have the key?
8. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
9. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
10. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)