|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Fache's assistant?
2. Who is curator of the museum?
3. Silas sits in his room, thinking that ______________ would most likely complicate things for him?
(a) failing to report to the Teacher
(b) losing the keystone
(c) killing the nun
(d) destroying part of the church
4. Silas feels lustful when he sees what?
(a) a group of prostitutes
(b) scantily clad women leaving a nightclub
(c) a lost child in the street
(d) a painting of a nude woman
5. Langdon found it interesting that the curator spoke __________, yet wrote his dying messages in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sophie and Langdon approach the address written on the key, they find themselves at what sort of building?
2. Silas reveals a compartment and reaches in to find what with a Bible verse referenced?
3. Silas performs corporal mortification for what reason?
4. Robert Langdon is awakened while sleeping where?
5. Back at the Church Saint-Sulpice Silas smashes a floor tile with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
2. Do you agree with Sophie's actions regarding helping Langdon so far? How would you feel after not speaking to Jacques for several years and then finding out that he died?
3. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
4. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
5. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
6. What are your views on religion, especially as it relates to Silas so far in the story?
7. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
8. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
9. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
10. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)