|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vernet tells Sophie and Langdon that what organization has been called and is on the way?
(c) Opus Dei
2. A driver in a black Fiat sedan picks up ___________ at Leonardo da Vinci International Airport?
(b) Sophie and Langdon
3. How does Fache think Langdon escaped from the museum?
(a) by dressing as a guard and walking out the front door
(b) by using a secret tunnel in the basement
(c) by going out the bathroom window
(d) by jumping from the rooftop to the roof of an adjoining building
4. At the museum, Robert is met by Captain ________.
5. Silas left home when he was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. Langdon is excited to see one of the most popular ________ in all the world.
2. How is the museum alarm set off?
3. Sophie tells Langdon that her grandfather had taught her about what?
4. The Bishop is curt with the group when they hand over a large briefcase containing what?
5. While Langdon and Sophie are conversing in the restroom, Fache is watching Langdon's every move from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Priory of Sion, according to Langdon, and how does it play a role in the story?
2. Describe Sophie's role in Langdon's visit to the museum so far.
3. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
4. What sort of background information does Langdon give on Da Vinci in this section of the book?
5. What are Silas' motivations, based on his actions in the first couple of chapters?
6. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
7. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
8. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
9. How does the author, Dan Brown, use the thoughts of the characters to move the story along?
10. What role does Vernet play, in Chapters 42-45 and is it believable?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)