|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Sophie when her family died?
2. Knowing that he has put _________ at risk, Silas prays for forgiveness and begins his ritual of Discipline.
(b) the Bishop
(c) the Sister
3. What part of the museum has become the command center for the investigation?
(a) east wing
(b) west wing
(c) security office
(d) curator's office
4. Silas performs corporal mortification for what reason?
(a) to remind him of Christ's suffering
(b) to remind him of the wrath of the person he works for
(c) to remind him of his own childhood
(d) to remind him that he is worthless in the eyes of others
5. Langdon finds it hard to believe that Jacques could have been one of only four in the world that know where what is kept?
(a) the Holy Grail
(b) the cryptex
(c) Da Vinci's diary
(d) the keystone
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Silas' mother?
2. According to Langdon, some claim that there are hidden messages, double entendres, and allusions within what?
3. Langdon finds it strange that the captain is wearing a tie clip known as a what?
4. Aringarosa is shuttled to Castel _____________.
5. At the museum, Robert is met by Captain ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
2. What is Opus Dei and what role does it play in the story so far?
3. What does Langdon think about the nature of Da Vinci's work?
4. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
5. Do you think Sophie was justified in throwing the police tracking dot out the window and trying to hide Langdon's escape from the police?
6. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
7. How is the relationship between Silas and Aringarosa expanded upon in Chapters 39 through 41, and what might the consequences be?
8. What is the suspenseful event surrounding Sister Sandrine, in Chapter 31?
9. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
10. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)