|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Langdon finds it hard to believe that Jacques could have been one of only four in the world that know where what is kept?
(a) Da Vinci's diary
(b) the keystone
(c) the cryptex
(d) the Holy Grail
2. Who does Silas follow deep into the church?
(a) Brother Benjamin
(b) Sister Sandrine
(c) Father Ferdinand
(d) the handyman
3. Sophie and Langdon notice that the key looks recently cleaned and smells of what?
(c) rubbing alcohol
4. Langdon says that Boticelli, Sir Isaac Newton, Victor Hugo, and who were famous members of the Priory?
(a) Da Vinci
5. What sort of vehicle do Langdon and Sophie use to escape from the bank?
(a) an armored truck
(b) another customer's motorcycle
(c) a taxi cab
(d) Vernet's personal car
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the person Silas works for referred to as?
2. The Opus Dei World Headquarters is located on Lexington Avenue in what U.S. city?
3. Langdon finds it strange that the captain is wearing a tie clip known as a what?
4. Robert Langdon is awakened while sleeping where?
5. What is the last name of Jacques who dies in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. If you were Langdon and the police wanted to question you about Jacques' murder, what would you do?
2. What are the primary causes of Silas' current situation and attitude that are revealed in Chapter 10?
3. What is Langdon's reaction to the murder, up to the end of Chapter 5?
4. What happens when Sophie and Langdon finally reach the American Embassy?
5. How do Sophie's motivations seem suspicious, in Chapters 11 through 14?
6. What is learned, in this section, about Bishop Aringarosa's role in the story and what role might he play in future events as a result?
7. How do Sophie and Langdon finally find what they are looking for at the bank?
8. What roles do suspense and secrets play in Chapters 22 to 24?
9. What does Langdon seem to be trusting Sophie more and do you agree with his decision to do so?
10. How is Jacques' museum message resolved in Chapters 29-31?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)