|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Langdon asks Sophie if the letters _____ mean anything to her and Sophie remembers seeing them on a key.
2. Sister Sandrine Bieil lived in a suite within the Church of what?
3. Bishop Aringarosa is traveling to what city, as he leaves Opus Dei headquarters?
(b) New York
(c) San Francisco
4. Back at the Church Saint-Sulpice Silas smashes a floor tile with what?
(a) a piece of a church pew
(b) his gun
(c) a candle holder
(d) his fist
5. Langdon thinks about history and the movement to remove all female presence from what?
(a) high offices
(c) the workplace
6. The last line of Jacques' note says to find what?
(a) Robert Langdon
(b) the Mona Lisa
(c) Sophie Neveu
(d) the keystone
7. The phone number that Sophie gives to Langdon is for whose personal answering machine?
8. Silas performs corporal mortification for what reason?
(a) to remind him that he is worthless in the eyes of others
(b) to remind him of the wrath of the person he works for
(c) to remind him of Christ's suffering
(d) to remind him of his own childhood
9. What is the profession of Andre Vernet?
(a) Opus Dei president
(c) police inspector
(d) bank president
10. The Priory was said to have been founded by a French king for the purpose of what?
(a) preserving a secret
(b) helping people hide when needed
(c) protecting his own life
(d) stealing valuables from others
11. Langdon believes Da Vinci's work contains a message of androgyny by making Mona Lisa an anagram for the female and male Egyptian gods of fertility--Lisa and ________.
12. What happened to Silas' mother?
(a) She was killed by his father.
(b) She abandoned Silas
(c) She died of natural causes.
(d) She died giving birth to Silas.
13. What is Sophie Neveu's profession?
(d) security guard
14. How does Sister Sandrine die?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) Silas kills her with a candle holder.
(c) Silas shoots her.
(d) She falls from a great height.
15. Part of the message the curator left before he died read what?
(a) O, Draconian Devil!
(b) O, Devil Draconis!
(c) O, Draculian Devil!
(d) Dracovian Devil O!
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fache think Langdon escaped from the museum?
2. When Sophie and Langdon approach the address written on the key, they find themselves at what sort of building?
3. Sophie is using her black light looking for more clues. She looks behind a large Da Vinci painting called what?
4. According to Langdon, some claim that there are hidden messages, double entendres, and allusions within what?
5. Who is curator of the museum?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)