Prologue, Chapters 1, 2
• The curator of the Louvre Museum in Paris, Jacques Sauniere, pulls a Caravaggio painting off the wall, which sets off the alarm and initiates a thief containment system
• Jacques is now separated from an attacker by a gate of iron bars.
• The albino attacker draws his gun and demands to know the truth about where "it" is. Sauniere lies to him like he had rehearsed many times.
• The albino has been told the same lie by "the others" and becomes impatient. He takes aim and shoots Sauniere, hitting him in the stomach.
• Jacques, knowing that no one would be able to get to him before he died, knows he must pass on his secret. He uses all of his strength to complete the task now before him.
• Chapter 1:
• Robert Langdon is awakened in his hotel room at the Ritz in Paris by a ringing...
This section contains 11,903 words
(approx. 40 pages at 300 words per page)