|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found under the skeleton?
2. Who runs up to Amelia when she reaches Baskerville House in Chapter 13?
3. Who is left to guard the tomb in Chapter 13?
4. To what does Amelia credit Milverton's recovery?
5. Where is Milverton found in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amelia hear as she and O'Connell are walking to the tomb, and how does she respond?
2. What do the Emersons discover has happened to Milverton in Chapter 10?
3. How does Amelia apprehend the figure in white?
4. How does Amelia prepare to go to the tomb in Chapter 16?
5. What does Ramses say to his parents in his letter?
6. What is Madame Berengeria's reaction to Emerson's performance?
7. What does Lady Baskerville announce at breakfast? What does Mr. Vandergelt announce at breakfast?
8. What does Amelia make a chart of in Chapter 15?
9. What halts work at the excavation site in Chapter 11?
10. What information does Ali Hussan provide the Emersons with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist's back story. What is learned about Amelia in the previous book in the series? Why might it be important to know when reading this novel? Is it absolutely necessary to be aware of these events or aspects of her life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of pharaohs in the novel, "The Curse of the Pharaohs." What is a pharaoh? What connection can be made between the excavation and pharaohs? What is the significance of the pendant found on the tomb raider?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the theme of murder in the novel, "The Curse of the Pharaohs." Describe the different examples of death and murder. What are the circumstances surrounding these examples? How do these deaths and murders propel the plot?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)