|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kevin O'Connell?
2. What does Milverton suppose Hassan saw?
3. What does Amelia advise Emerson to do in Chapter 7?
4. What does Lady Baskerville ask Emerson to do in Chapter 2?
5. As she walks to the excavation site, what does Amelia hear Emerson yell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amelia believe Lady Baskerville employs Atiyah?
2. What is the cause of a howl heard from outside Baskerville House in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Amelia host guests for tea in Chapter 1?
4. What does Kevin O'Connell ask Amelia for in Chapter 9?
5. What does Lady Baskerville ask of Emerson in Chapter 2, and under what circumstance does he accept her proposal?
6. What concerns Emerson about the staffing of dig site in Chapter 4? Why is the expedition missing this member of the team?
7. Who do Emerson and Amelia usually employ as an artist on their expeditions? Why do they not hire this person?
8. As Amelia is walking toward the excavation site in Chapter 7, what worries her?
9. What does Amelia think about during dinner at the Luxor Hotel in Chapter 5?
10. What state is the tomb in when Amelia arrives at the dig site in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Peters' use of contrast. What are some contrasting settings, characters, and images? What is Peters trying to convey through these contrasts?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the antagonist of the novel, Lady Baskerville. What are her defining characteristics? Why is she the antagonist of the novel? As the reader, did you suspect Lady Baskerville of being the murderer prior to the reveal in Chapter Sixteen? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the theme of murder in the novel, "The Curse of the Pharaohs." Describe the different examples of death and murder. What are the circumstances surrounding these examples? How do these deaths and murders propel the plot?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)