|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kevin O'Connell?
2. Where does Amelia live?
3. What does Emerson fling cross his chambers in Chapter 7?
4. How does Amelia feel toward O'Connell in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Amelia's husband want to do an archaeological dig?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Milverton and Amelia's conversation, what does Milverton claim to see?
2. What state is the tomb in when Amelia arrives at the dig site in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Emerson insist on diverting the journey to the dig site by stopping in a village?
4. Why are the Emersons sure to do their share of the tough labor at the dig site?
5. What did Amelia think Milverton would confess to her in their midnight meeting? What does he actually confess?
6. What is the cause of a howl heard from outside Baskerville House in Chapter 5?
7. What happens while the Emersons are in a meeting with Lady Baskerville in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Amelia host guests for tea in Chapter 1?
9. As Amelia is walking toward the excavation site in Chapter 7, what worries her?
10. What theories does Emerson have about the tomb after the first day at the excavation site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Emerson and Amelia. Are they happily married? How did they meet? What do they love and admire about each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Peters' use of contrast. What are some contrasting settings, characters, and images? What is Peters trying to convey through these contrasts?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Amelia's and Emerson's interest in archaeology. Why are they interested in archaeology, particularly Egyptology? How does this interest connect with their personal history? Why is Amelia able to work at the excavation site without causing a scandal?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)