|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emerson plan to turn to for help in finding Armadale?
(a) The staff at the Luxor Hotel.
(b) The local criminals.
(c) The local police.
(d) His friend at Cairo University.
2. Who does Emerson arrange to care for Milverton?
(b) A local nun.
(d) Lady Baskerville.
3. Who does Amelia think killed Armadale in Chapter 12?
(d) Madame Berengeria.
4. What does Lady Baskerville announce at breakfast?
(a) That the excavation must be closed.
(b) That Armadale has been found.
(c) That she saw the Woman in White in the house.
(d) That she will leave for England the next day.
5. Why does Amelia recommend another person be invited to stay at Baskerville House?
(a) To watch for the Woman in White.
(b) To help with the murder investigation.
(c) To watch over the women.
(d) To help at the dig site.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doesn't seem to enjoy the show?
2. What is Amelia supposedly making sketches of in Chapter 15?
3. Who announces that he is engaged, at breakfast in Chapter 13?
4. To what does Amelia compare Emerson's physique?
5. Where is Milverton found in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emerson decide to get involved in the murder investigation in Chapter 10? Who does he intend to get help from?
2. What does Dr. Dubois conclude about Armadale's death?
3. How does Amelia apprehend the figure in white?
4. What do Lady Baskerville and Mary argue about in Chapter 11? How does Emerson solve the argument?
5. What does Amelia hear as she and O'Connell are walking to the tomb, and how does she respond?
6. What halts work at the excavation site in Chapter 11?
7. What happens when Amelia follows an unknown figure in the dark in Chapter 11?
8. What does Madame Berengeria accuse her daughter of in Chapter 14?
9. What information does Ali Hussan provide the Emersons with?
10. What do the Emersons discover has happened to Milverton in Chapter 10?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)