|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard as Amelia approaches the tomb in Chapter 12?
(a) A woman's scream.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) A gunshot.
2. Why does Emerson decide to get involved with solving the murder investigation?
(a) So that he can leave Egypt with a clear conscience.
(b) So that the authorities will release Karl from custody.
(c) So that he gets back to focusing on the tomb.
(d) So that he won't have to worry about Amelia's safety anymore.
3. How does Amelia attack one of the men in the dark?
(a) She trips him.
(b) She puts him in a head lock.
(c) She kicks him.
(d) She hits him with her parasol.
4. What does Lady Baskerville accuse Atiyah of being in Chapter 15?
(a) A thief.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) A murderer.
5. Who does Emerson arrange to care for Milverton?
(c) Lady Baskerville.
(d) A local nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Armadale's body has been painted?
2. Why have the Baskerville House servants gone on strike?
3. What markings are on the object found under the skeleton?
4. What does Emerson insist Mary do?
5. What obstacle prevents progress at the excavation site in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Emersons discover has happened to Milverton in Chapter 10?
2. What observations does Amelia make about Armadale's body?
3. Why does Amelia suspect Madame Berengeria is responsible for Armadale's death?
4. What is Madame Berengeria's reaction to Emerson's performance?
5. What happens when Amelia follows an unknown figure in the dark in Chapter 11?
6. What does Amelia make a chart of in Chapter 15?
7. Why does Emerson decide to get involved in the murder investigation in Chapter 10? Who does he intend to get help from?
8. How does Amelia apprehend the figure in white?
9. What story does the group discuss in Chapter 16, and why?
10. What do Lady Baskerville and Mary argue about in Chapter 11? How does Emerson solve the argument?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)