|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to see something white flit by the window in Chapter 16?
(c) Lady Baskerville.
2. Who do Emerson and Amelia tell about the markings on the object found under the skeleton?
(a) No one.
(d) Lady Baskerville.
3. What is Amelia NOT armed with in Chapter 16?
(a) A parasol.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baton.
4. What does Lady Baskerville announce at breakfast?
(a) That the excavation must be closed.
(b) That she will leave for England the next day.
(c) That she saw the Woman in White in the house.
(d) That Armadale has been found.
5. Who does Emerson meet in the shadows in Chapter 11?
(d) Ali Hassan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the nun at Baskerville House speak?
2. Where is Milverton found in Chapter 9?
3. What sense does Amelia say the male sex lacks in Chapter 13?
4. What is Milverton's condition in Chapter 11?
5. What tale had Madame Berengeria referred to the night before her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amelia hear as she and O'Connell are walking to the tomb, and how does she respond?
2. What is Madame Berengeria's reaction to Emerson's performance?
3. What does Karl tell Emerson was a foolish mistake in Chapter 15?
4. What does Amelia make a chart of in Chapter 15?
5. How does Amelia prepare to go to the tomb in Chapter 16?
6. What information does Ali Hussan provide the Emersons with?
7. What does Dr. Dubois conclude about Armadale's death?
8. What does Ramses say to his parents in his letter?
9. What halts work at the excavation site in Chapter 11?
10. What happens when Amelia follows an unknown figure in the dark in Chapter 11?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)