|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emerson claim to be receiving information from during his performance?
(a) A mummy.
(b) The ancient Gods.
(c) Lord Baskerville.
(d) The Pharaohs.
2. What is the name of Lady Baskerville's cook?
3. What does Amelia witness Mr. Vandergelt waving at the cook?
(b) A dead chicken.
(c) A saucepan.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What does Madame Berengeria accuse her daughter of?
(a) Stealing from her mother.
(b) Lying about her wealth.
(c) Sleeping with her suitors.
(d) Being cursed.
5. What kind of poison does Dr. Dubois suspect Madame Berengeria was killed by?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the Baskerville House servants gone on strike?
2. What sound alerts Amelia in Chapter 16?
3. Who does Emerson arrange to care for Milverton?
4. What does Lady Baskerville announce at breakfast?
5. What language does the nun at Baskerville House speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emerson say to cheer up O'Connell at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What halts work at the excavation site in Chapter 11?
3. What does Lady Baskerville announce at breakfast? What does Mr. Vandergelt announce at breakfast?
4. Why does Emerson decide to get involved in the murder investigation in Chapter 10? Who does he intend to get help from?
5. Why does Amelia think Ali Hassan lead the party in circles before taking them to the cave?
6. What does Dr. Dubois conclude about Armadale's death?
7. What does Emerson find when he knocks through the tomb wall painted with a portrait of Anubis?
8. What does Madame Berengeria accuse her daughter of in Chapter 14?
9. What does Amelia make a chart of in Chapter 15?
10. How does Amelia prepare to go to the tomb in Chapter 16?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)