|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Amelia believe murdered Hassan?
2. What do Amelia and Emerson miss in Chapter 1?
(a) Their son.
(d) Autumn weather.
3. Where did Baskerville die?
(a) At a London hospital.
(b) At his country estate.
(c) In Morocco.
(d) The Valley of the Kings.
4. What does Milverton suppose Hassan saw?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tomb raider.
(c) Lady Baskerville.
5. Who is Kevin O'Connell?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A hotel owner.
(d) A movie star.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Berengeria travel to the dig site?
2. Who was Lord Henry Baskerville?
3. Where does Amelia want Emerson to hide when she meets with Milverton?
4. What is the name of Amelia's son?
5. At the beginning of the novel, why is Amelia receiving guests at her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amelia think about during dinner at the Luxor Hotel in Chapter 5?
2. As Amelia is walking toward the excavation site in Chapter 7, what worries her?
3. Why are the Emersons sure to do their share of the tough labor at the dig site?
4. What does Lady Baskerville ask of Emerson in Chapter 2, and under what circumstance does he accept her proposal?
5. What does Milverton explain to Amelia about using a pseudonym?
6. Who is Kevin O'Connell, and what insinuations does he make when he meets the Emersons?
7. What does Mary say about Armadale in Chapter 7?
8. Who does Karl suggest work as the dig's artist, and why does Milverton object?
9. What does Emerson think of Amelia's arranged midnight meeting with Milverton?
10. Why does Amelia host guests for tea in Chapter 1?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)