|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Milverton's lifelong ambition?
(a) To become a famous photographer.
(b) To head his own expedition.
(c) To write a book about Egypt.
(d) To become a college professor.
2. Where do the Emersons have a dinner appointment with Lady Baskerville in Chapter 5?
(a) At Baskerville House.
(b) At The Sphinx's Shadow tavern.
(c) At the Luxor Hotel.
(d) At the opera hall.
3. What is Amelia convinced Emerson feels in encounters like ones with the imam?
4. At the beginning of the novel, why is Amelia receiving guests at her home?
(a) For a funeral.
(b) For a tea party.
(c) For a wedding reception.
(d) For a birthday party.
5. What does Amelia advise Emerson to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Take a few days away from the dig.
(b) Recruit some of his students from England to work on the dig site.
(c) Go to Luxor to investigate the murders.
(d) Watch out for booby traps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Connell say about the tomb that is being excavated?
2. What does Hassan claim to have seen?
3. What does Milverton suppose Hassan saw?
4. Who does Karl suggest be brought in to help with the dig drawings?
5. Where does Emerson go after being wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Baskerville ask of Emerson in Chapter 2, and under what circumstance does he accept her proposal?
2. What has curtailed Amelia and Emerson's travels to Egypt? What do they spend their days doing now?
3. As Amelia is walking toward the excavation site in Chapter 7, what worries her?
4. What does Milverton explain to Amelia about using a pseudonym?
5. What state is the tomb in when Amelia arrives at the dig site in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Amelia host guests for tea in Chapter 1?
7. What happens while the Emersons are in a meeting with Lady Baskerville in Chapter 7?
8. What does Lady Baskerville scream at in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Amelia believe Lady Baskerville employs Atiyah?
10. What concerns Emerson about the staffing of dig site in Chapter 4? Why is the expedition missing this member of the team?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)