|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Emerson make a living in England?
(b) Museum curating.
(c) Horse breeding.
2. What does Amelia wonder about her dinner company in Chapter 5?
(a) Whether there will be any arguments over the bill.
(b) Why they don't eat the local cuisine.
(c) Which one of them killed Baskerville.
(d) Whether any of them can speak Arabic.
3. What is a nuisance to Amelia at the dig site?
(a) Drawing pottery fragments.
(b) Sifting for beads.
(c) The dust in her eyes.
(d) The crowd of tourists.
4. Who comes to ask Amelia for help with his relationship with Mary?
(b) Cyrus Vandergelt.
(c) Kevin O'Connell.
(d) Karl von Bork.
5. Who does Lady Baskerville say she saw outside the patio door?
(a) One of her servants.
(b) Lord Baskerville.
(c) The ghost woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amelia believe murdered Hassan?
2. What do Milverton and Karl argue about in Chapter 8?
3. How does Amelia strain muscles in her back in Chapter 8?
4. What discovery does Emerson show off at the tomb in Chapter 9?
5. Who is found murdered in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while the Emersons are in a meeting with Lady Baskerville in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Amelia host guests for tea in Chapter 1?
3. What has curtailed Amelia and Emerson's travels to Egypt? What do they spend their days doing now?
4. What does Lady Baskerville scream at in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Emerson insist on diverting the journey to the dig site by stopping in a village?
6. What concerns Emerson about the staffing of dig site in Chapter 4? Why is the expedition missing this member of the team?
7. What theories does Emerson have about the tomb after the first day at the excavation site?
8. Who is Kevin O'Connell, and what insinuations does he make when he meets the Emersons?
9. During Milverton and Amelia's conversation, what does Milverton claim to see?
10. What does Amelia think about during dinner at the Luxor Hotel in Chapter 5?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)