|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Amelia NOT armed with in Chapter 16?
(a) A knife.
(b) A baton.
(c) A parasol.
(d) A gun.
2. Who announces that he is engaged, at breakfast in Chapter 13?
3. What is the name of the doctor who examines Armadale's body?
4. What does Mary tell Amelia in Chapter 14?
(a) That she has lost an artifact from the dig.
(b) That she is in love with Milverton.
(c) That she and her mother will be leaving.
(d) That she saw the Woman in White.
5. Who does Emerson take with him to guard the tomb in Chapter 16?
6. What is heard as Amelia approaches the tomb in Chapter 12?
(b) A woman's scream.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Dogs barking.
7. What part of Armadale's body has been painted?
(a) His forehead.
(b) His chest.
(c) His hand.
(d) His foot.
8. In how many hours does Emerson say he will be able to announce the name of the murderer?
(a) In 36 hours.
(b) In 24 hours.
(c) In 48 hours.
(d) In 72 hours.
9. Why have the Baskerville House servants gone on strike?
(a) Because Armadale's body is in the house.
(b) Because Lady Baskerville refuses to pay them.
(c) Because one of the servants has been murdered.
(d) Because they believe Lord Baskerville is haunting the house.
10. Who does Emerson meet in the shadows in Chapter 11?
(a) Ali Hassan.
11. What is Milverton's condition in Chapter 11?
(a) He is in a coma.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He has been drugged.
(d) He has a stomach bug.
12. What has happened to Milverton?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was struck on the head.
(c) He was drugged.
(d) He was strangled.
13. What does Emerson offer the criminals for their help?
(a) A horse.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) One of the artifacts from the excavation.
(d) A reward.
14. Who chides Emerson for saying he knows who the murderer is?
(c) Lady Baskerville.
15. What does Emerson use to trap the cat, Bastet, for his performance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Baskerville accuse Atiyah of being in Chapter 15?
2. Who doesn't seem to enjoy the show?
3. What does Madame Berengeria accuse her daughter of?
4. Why did Ayesha keep her face veiled?
5. What is painted on Armadale's body?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)