|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the Baskerville House servants gone on strike?
(a) Because they believe Lord Baskerville is haunting the house.
(b) Because Armadale's body is in the house.
(c) Because one of the servants has been murdered.
(d) Because Lady Baskerville refuses to pay them.
2. What is Emerson's partner in his show dressed as?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A pharaoh.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A lion.
3. What does Emerson say Amelia always says when he is winning an argument?
(a) That he is being unreasonable.
(b) That she hears someone calling for her.
(c) That rest is needed.
(d) That there are more important issues to address.
4. Why does Emerson decide to get involved with solving the murder investigation?
(a) So that he won't have to worry about Amelia's safety anymore.
(b) So that the authorities will release Karl from custody.
(c) So that he gets back to focusing on the tomb.
(d) So that he can leave Egypt with a clear conscience.
5. What is Amelia NOT armed with in Chapter 16?
(a) A gun.
(b) A parasol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A baton.
6. Who does Emerson plan to turn to for help in finding Armadale?
(a) The staff at the Luxor Hotel.
(b) His friend at Cairo University.
(c) The local police.
(d) The local criminals.
7. What does O'Connell say is the only reason he has been able to be friends with Mary?
(a) Because he pretends to admire her mother.
(b) Because he is a working professional.
(c) Because he is wealthy.
(d) Because he has promised to marry her.
8. To what does Amelia credit Milverton's recovery?
(a) Bed rest.
(b) The Egyptian air.
(c) Mary's care.
(d) Chicken soup.
9. What does Amelia make a list of in Chapter 15?
(a) Items that have gone missing from Baskerville House.
(b) Artifacts from the dig site.
(c) Things to tell her son about when she gets home.
(d) Murder suspects.
10. What does Amelia try to find out from Mary in Chapter 15?
(a) Which of her suitors she likes best.
(b) If she has seen anyone suspicious in the courtyard.
(c) Who she thinks is responsible for the murders.
(d) Whether her mother is actually wealthy.
11. What does Emerson find at the tomb in Chapter 15?
(a) A second skeleton.
(b) The burial chamber.
(c) A vase in perfect condition.
(d) A new room full of debris.
12. Why did Ayesha keep her face veiled?
(a) She believed she was ugly.
(b) Her beauty drove men mad.
(c) Her face was deformed by fire.
(d) She did not want to be identified.
13. Who claims to see something white flit by the window in Chapter 16?
(a) Lady Baskerville.
14. Who does Emerson take with him to guard the tomb in Chapter 16?
15. To what does Amelia compare Emerson's physique?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bull.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cheetah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amelia recommend another person be invited to stay at Baskerville House?
2. How does Amelia attack one of the men in the dark?
3. What animal does Amelia encounter on the journey to the caves?
4. What part of Emerson's performance does Amelia call "an error"?
5. Who is left to guard the tomb in Chapter 13?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)