|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard as Amelia approaches the tomb in Chapter 12?
(b) A woman's scream.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Dogs barking.
2. What does Amelia witness Mr. Vandergelt waving at the cook?
(a) A dead chicken.
(b) A saucepan.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What language does the nun at Baskerville House speak?
4. What kind of poison does Dr. Dubois suspect Madame Berengeria was killed by?
5. What sense does Amelia say the male sex lacks in Chapter 13?
6. Who does Amelia think killed Armadale in Chapter 12?
(a) Madame Berengeria.
7. On what grounds does Emerson say he will divorce Amelia?
(a) If she finds and enters the burial chamber without him.
(b) If she falls in love with O'Connell.
(c) If she solves the murder before him.
(d) If she goes to Luxor on her own.
8. Who is Emerson's partner in his show?
9. What does Amelia try to find out from Mary in Chapter 15?
(a) If she has seen anyone suspicious in the courtyard.
(b) Which of her suitors she likes best.
(c) Who she thinks is responsible for the murders.
(d) Whether her mother is actually wealthy.
10. Who does Emerson arrange to care for Milverton?
(b) Lady Baskerville.
(d) A local nun.
11. What does Amelia notice about the path that they take to the caves?
(a) She has walked the path before.
(b) It isn't as dangerous as she expected.
(c) Their guide seems to take the most difficult path.
(d) It is riddled with snakes.
12. Who chides Emerson for saying he knows who the murderer is?
(b) Lady Baskerville.
13. Why did Ayesha keep her face veiled?
(a) Her beauty drove men mad.
(b) She did not want to be identified.
(c) Her face was deformed by fire.
(d) She believed she was ugly.
14. Why does Emerson request everyone go to the tomb in the evening in Chapter 13?
(a) To show off a discovery.
(b) For a performance.
(c) So he can be sure Baskerville House is empty.
(d) For a meeting with the imam.
15. Who is found dead in Chapter 14?
(a) Lady Baskerville.
(d) Madame Berengeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered about Armadale in Chapter 11?
2. What is Emerson wearing when he greets his guests at the tomb?
3. Who does Amelia recommend be invited to stay at Baskerville House?
4. What is significant about the symbol painted on Armadale's body?
5. Who is left to guard the tomb in Chapter 13?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)