|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Amelia encounter on the journey to the caves?
(a) A dog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A cat.
2. What does Madame Berengeria accuse her daughter of?
(a) Lying about her wealth.
(b) Sleeping with her suitors.
(c) Being cursed.
(d) Stealing from her mother.
3. Who does Emerson pull out of the crowd in Chapter 14?
(c) Ali Hassan.
4. Who chides Emerson for saying he knows who the murderer is?
(d) Lady Baskerville.
5. What of Madame Berengeria's does Amelia see for the first time in Chapter 13?
(a) Her European-styled clothing.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her real hair.
6. What sound alerts Amelia in Chapter 16?
(a) The squawk of a bird.
(b) A yell.
(c) The sound of a pebble striking stone.
(d) The sound of footsteps.
7. Who does Emerson arrange to care for Milverton?
(a) Lady Baskerville.
(d) A local nun.
8. What language does the nun at Baskerville House speak?
9. What does Amelia witness Mr. Vandergelt waving at the cook?
(b) A dead chicken.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A saucepan.
10. What is heard as Amelia approaches the tomb in Chapter 12?
(b) A woman's scream.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) A gunshot.
11. What does Lady Baskerville accuse Atiyah of being in Chapter 15?
(a) A thief.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) A prostitute.
12. What obstacle prevents progress at the excavation site in Chapter 11?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A large hole.
(c) A wall.
(d) A booby-trapped wall.
13. Why do Emerson and Amelia intend to spend the night at the tomb?
(a) To guard it from thieves.
(b) So they can talk about their suspicions in private.
(c) Because they expect the murderer to show up there.
(d) To avoid the danger at Baskerville House.
14. Where is Milverton found in Chapter 9?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Lying in the hallway.
(c) In a cupboard.
(d) Under his bed.
15. Why have the Baskerville House servants gone on strike?
(a) Because they believe Lord Baskerville is haunting the house.
(b) Because Lady Baskerville refuses to pay them.
(c) Because Armadale's body is in the house.
(d) Because one of the servants has been murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Milverton?
2. How did the person whose skeleton was found in the tomb die?
3. What does Emerson tell Amelia he was bluffing about?
4. What is the name of Lady Baskerville's cook?
5. Who does Amelia think killed Armadale in Chapter 12?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)