|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discovery does Emerson show off at the tomb in Chapter 9?
(a) Tiled floors.
(b) A pendant.
(c) A sarcophagus.
(d) Wall to ceiling paintings.
2. Where is Vandergelt from?
(c) New York.
3. Who is found murdered in Chapter 6?
4. Why does the imam wait for the Emersons at the tomb?
(a) To show them an interesting artifact.
(b) To question them about Baskerville's death.
(c) To collect a bribe from them.
(d) To cause trouble.
5. In Chapter 9, when does Amelia tell Emerson about Milverton's revelation?
(a) At tea.
(b) At lunch.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) While clearing debris.
6. In Chapter 1, how does Emerson make a living in England?
(a) Museum curating.
(b) Horse breeding.
7. What does Milverton suppose Hassan saw?
(a) A dog.
(c) Lady Baskerville.
(d) A tomb raider.
8. Where does Amelia live?
9. Where does Emerson go after being wounded?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) To see his excavation crew.
10. What do Amelia and Emerson want to stop Madame Berengeria from doing in Chapter 8?
(a) Entering the tomb.
(b) Going to stay at Baskerville House.
(c) Travelling to Luxor.
(d) Talking about the treasure in the tomb.
11. What is Milverton's lifelong ambition?
(a) To write a book about Egypt.
(b) To become a famous photographer.
(c) To become a college professor.
(d) To head his own expedition.
12. What does Emerson fling cross his chambers in Chapter 7?
(a) A walking stick.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A boot.
(d) His shaving kit.
13. What does Amelia wonder about her dinner company in Chapter 5?
(a) Which one of them killed Baskerville.
(b) Whether any of them can speak Arabic.
(c) Why they don't eat the local cuisine.
(d) Whether there will be any arguments over the bill.
14. What is Milverton's relationship to the dead Lord Baskerville?
(a) Milverton was Lord Baskerville's son.
(b) Milverton was Lord Baskerville's nephew.
(c) Milverton was Lord Baskerville's servant.
(d) Milverton was Lord Baskerville's cousin.
15. At what time does Amelia arrange to meet Milverton?
(a) One o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the imam?
2. What does evidence at the tomb lead Emerson to believe in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of Emerson's brother?
4. What do Milverton and Karl argue about in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Amelia believe murdered Hassan?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)