|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lover does Madame Berengeria claim to have been in a past life when she meets Amelia and Emerson in Chapter 5?
(d) Lord Baskerville's.
2. In Chapter 9, when does Amelia tell Emerson about Milverton's revelation?
(a) While clearing debris.
(b) At lunch.
(c) At tea.
(d) At breakfast.
3. Who do Amelia and Emerson usually employ as their artist?
4. What is heard outside Baskerville House in Chapter 5?
(a) A ringing bell.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A howl.
(d) A horse's whinny.
5. Who does Milverton see while talking to Amelia in Chapter 9?
(a) The Woman in White.
(c) Lady Baskerville.
6. What does Milverton tell Amelia when they meet?
(a) That he is worried for Amelia's safety.
(b) That he is Lord Baskerville.
(c) That he knows who the murderer is.
(d) That he saw Karl steal something.
7. What does Lady Baskerville say kept her awake in the night in Chapter 9?
(a) The cat.
(b) The hot weather.
(c) The Woman in White.
(d) A howling noise.
8. Who is found murdered in Chapter 6?
9. What does Amelia wonder about her dinner company in Chapter 5?
(a) Whether any of them can speak Arabic.
(b) Why they don't eat the local cuisine.
(c) Whether there will be any arguments over the bill.
(d) Which one of them killed Baskerville.
10. Where do the Emersons and their workers head in Chapter 6?
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Valley of the Kings.
(d) The Sinai Peninsula.
11. Who does Karl suggest be brought in to help with the dig drawings?
(b) Lady Baskerville.
12. What is Amelia convinced Emerson feels in encounters like ones with the imam?
13. Where does Amelia want Emerson to hide when she meets with Milverton?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In bushes.
(c) In a cupboard.
(d) Behind a shed.
14. What theory does Emerson have about the tomb?
(a) That it was plundered in ancient times.
(b) That people have lived in it within the last hundred years.
(c) That it is structurally unsound.
(d) That excavating the tomb will bring him fame.
15. Who is Kevin O'Connell with at the tomb?
(b) Madame Berengeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madame Berengeria travel to the dig site?
2. What is discovered in the tomb at the end of the day in Chapter 9?
3. Where does Amelia meet Mr. Milverton in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Vandergelt report was robbed in Chapter 7?
5. What is Vandergelt's first name?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)