|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a nuisance to Amelia at the dig site?
(a) The dust in her eyes.
(b) Drawing pottery fragments.
(c) Sifting for beads.
(d) The crowd of tourists.
2. What discovery does Emerson show off at the tomb in Chapter 9?
(a) A sarcophagus.
(b) Tiled floors.
(c) Wall to ceiling paintings.
(d) A pendant.
3. What theory does Emerson have about the tomb?
(a) That people have lived in it within the last hundred years.
(b) That it is structurally unsound.
(c) That it was plundered in ancient times.
(d) That excavating the tomb will bring him fame.
4. Where does Amelia's husband want to do an archaeological dig?
(a) On their neighbor's land.
(b) At Stonehenge.
(c) In Egypt.
(d) Sherwood Forest.
5. Where did Baskerville die?
(a) In Morocco.
(b) At a London hospital.
(c) The Valley of the Kings.
(d) At his country estate.
6. Who is the site epigrapher?
7. What do Milverton and Karl argue about in Chapter 8?
(d) Madame Berengeria.
8. Who does Milverton see while talking to Amelia in Chapter 9?
(a) Lady Baskerville.
(c) The Woman in White.
9. Who does Lady Baskerville say she saw outside the patio door?
(a) Lord Baskerville.
(b) The ghost woman.
(d) One of her servants.
10. Who does Amelia suspect of Milverton in Chapter 8?
(a) That he is in love with Lady Baskerville.
(b) That he is related to Lord Baskerville.
(c) That he is the murderer.
(d) That his is not who he says he is.
11. Where does Emerson spend the night in Chapter 8?
(a) On lookout in the garden.
(b) At the tomb.
(c) In the den at Baskerville House.
(d) In Luxor.
12. What is Milverton's real name?
13. Where do the Emersons stay in Cairo?
(a) The Hotel Alexandria.
(b) The Royale Hotel.
(c) The Ibis Hotel.
(d) The Sheppards Hotel.
14. Where is Vandergelt from?
(d) New York.
15. While Amelia is entertaining, what does her son enter the room with?
(a) A snake skin.
(b) A stuffed owl.
(c) A wet dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia advise Emerson to do in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of Madame Berengeria's daughter?
3. Who is found murdered in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 9, when does Amelia tell Emerson about Milverton's revelation?
5. What does Madame Berengeria describe Kevin O'Connell as?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)