|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Baskerville ask Emerson to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Take over her husband's excavation.
(b) Fund her Egyptian expedition.
(c) Solve her husband's murder.
(d) Examine some Egyptian artifacts.
2. Where did Baskerville die?
(a) In Morocco.
(b) The Valley of the Kings.
(c) At a London hospital.
(d) At his country estate.
3. Whose lover does Madame Berengeria claim to have been in a past life when she meets Amelia and Emerson in Chapter 5?
(c) Lord Baskerville's.
4. What is the name of Madame Berengeria's daughter?
5. In Chapter 9, when does Amelia tell Emerson about Milverton's revelation?
(a) At tea.
(b) At lunch.
(c) While clearing debris.
(d) At breakfast.
6. Who was Lord Henry Baskerville?
(a) Emerson's great uncle.
(b) The owner of a Egyptian hotel.
(c) A famous Egyptologist.
(d) A collector of Egyptian art.
7. What does evidence at the tomb lead Emerson to believe in Chapter 6?
(a) That it will contain many treasures.
(b) That it belongs to a prominent person.
(c) That it is cursed.
(d) That it is not as old as Baskerville calculated.
8. As she walks to the excavation site, what does Amelia hear Emerson yell?
(a) Something about the curse.
(b) An Arabic swear word.
(c) "Watch out!"
(d) Some directions at the dig crew.
9. Where is Vandergelt from?
(c) New York.
10. Where do Amelia and Emerson decide to leave their son for the winter?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At boarding school.
(c) With cousins.
(d) With his grandparents.
11. What was the name of Baskerville's site artist?
12. What is the name of Emerson's brother?
13. What is obvious from the behavior of the on-lookers at the dig site in Chapter 7?
(a) That news of the murder has spread.
(b) That there has been an accident at the dig site.
(c) That no one believes the rumors of the curse.
(d) That there are government officials on the scene.
14. What discovery does Emerson show off at the tomb in Chapter 9?
(a) Tiled floors.
(b) A pendant.
(c) Wall to ceiling paintings.
(d) A sarcophagus.
15. What does Madame Berengeria describe Kevin O'Connell as?
(a) As a family friend.
(b) As her daughter's beau.
(c) As a promising egyptologist.
(d) As her young admirer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Emerson say has likely been done to the tomb?
2. Where do the Emersons stay in Cairo?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Emerson make a living in England?
4. Where does the site epigrapher meet Amelia and Emerson in Chapter 4?
5. At the beginning of the novel, why is Amelia receiving guests at her home?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)