|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Milverton and Karl argue about in Chapter 8?
(d) Madame Berengeria.
2. What is an epigrapher?
(a) An ancient language specialist.
(b) An ancient architecture specialist.
(c) An ancient art specialist.
(d) A mummification specialist.
3. Who does the item that is thrown through the patio door in Chapter 7 strike?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Emerson say has likely been done to the tomb?
(a) It has been photographed.
(b) It has been cursed.
(c) It has been robbed overnight.
(d) It has been booby-trapped.
5. Where do the Emersons have a dinner appointment with Lady Baskerville in Chapter 5?
(a) At the Luxor Hotel.
(b) At the opera hall.
(c) At The Sphinx's Shadow tavern.
(d) At Baskerville House.
6. Who is the site epigrapher?
7. Who is Kevin O'Connell with at the tomb?
(c) Madame Berengeria.
8. At the beginning of the novel, why is Amelia receiving guests at her home?
(a) For a wedding reception.
(b) For a birthday party.
(c) For a tea party.
(d) For a funeral.
9. What is thrown through the patio door in Chapter 7?
(a) A screwdriver.
(b) An Egyptian artifact.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A brick.
10. What causes Lady Baskerville to scream in her room?
(a) A spider.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A ghost.
11. Who is found murdered in Chapter 6?
12. Why does the imam wait for the Emersons at the tomb?
(a) To collect a bribe from them.
(b) To question them about Baskerville's death.
(c) To show them an interesting artifact.
(d) To cause trouble.
13. What discovery does Emerson show off at the tomb in Chapter 9?
(a) A sarcophagus.
(b) Tiled floors.
(c) A pendant.
(d) Wall to ceiling paintings.
14. What theory does Emerson have about the tomb?
(a) That excavating the tomb will bring him fame.
(b) That it is structurally unsound.
(c) That it was plundered in ancient times.
(d) That people have lived in it within the last hundred years.
15. In Chapter 9, when does Amelia tell Emerson about Milverton's revelation?
(a) While clearing debris.
(b) At tea.
(c) At lunch.
(d) At breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amelia suspect of Milverton in Chapter 8?
2. Where do the Emersons and their workers head in Chapter 6?
3. What does Lady Baskerville ask Emerson to do in Chapter 2?
4. How does Amelia strain muscles in her back in Chapter 8?
5. What does Amelia's husband call her?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)