|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, why is Amelia receiving guests at her home?
(a) For a wedding reception.
(b) For a birthday party.
(c) For a tea party.
(d) For a funeral.
2. Who is the site epigrapher?
3. Where does Emerson go after being wounded?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To see his excavation crew.
(c) To his bedroom.
(d) To the hospital.
4. What causes Lady Baskerville to scream in her room?
(a) A spider.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
5. What is the name of Madame Berengeria's daughter?
6. Why does the imam wait for the Emersons at the tomb?
(a) To collect a bribe from them.
(b) To cause trouble.
(c) To show them an interesting artifact.
(d) To question them about Baskerville's death.
7. What happens to Milverton in Chapter 5?
(a) He faints.
(b) He gets indigestion.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He falls asleep.
8. Who does Vandergelt report was robbed in Chapter 7?
(b) Madame Berengeria.
(c) The owner of the Luxor Hotel.
(d) Lady Baskerville.
9. What is obvious from the behavior of the on-lookers at the dig site in Chapter 7?
(a) That there has been an accident at the dig site.
(b) That there are government officials on the scene.
(c) That news of the murder has spread.
(d) That no one believes the rumors of the curse.
10. Where did Baskerville die?
(a) At his country estate.
(b) In Morocco.
(c) The Valley of the Kings.
(d) At a London hospital.
11. What does Milverton suppose Hassan saw?
(a) Lady Baskerville.
(b) A dog.
(d) A tomb raider.
12. What does O'Connell say about the tomb that is being excavated?
(a) That it is the largest ever discovered.
(b) That it is cursed.
(c) That it is of historical significance.
(d) That it is full of treasure.
13. Who do Emerson and Amelia want to witness their hard work at the tomb?
(a) The government officials.
(b) The tourists.
(c) The villagers.
(d) Lady Baskerville.
14. Who is Atiyah?
(a) A student at Cairo University.
(b) Lady Baskerville's attendant.
(c) The excavation's photographer.
(d) Hassan's niece.
15. What is Amelia convinced Emerson feels in encounters like ones with the imam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard outside Baskerville House in Chapter 5?
2. How does Amelia strain muscles in her back in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Amelia's husband want to do an archaeological dig?
4. Where do the Emersons and their workers head in Chapter 6?
5. Where do the Emersons stay in Cairo?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)