• Amelia Peabody hosts guests for tea at her home in Kent, England.
• Amelia hopes to convince her neighbors to allow her husband to do an archaeological dig on their property.
• Amelia and Emerson's travels to Egypt have been curtailed by the birth of their son, Ramses.
• Ramses alarms his mother's guests by bringing mud and bones into the room - the guests leave.
• Amelia reads of the death of Lord Henry Baskerville - a famous Egyptologist - in the Valley of the Kings.
• The story about Baskerville makes Emerson and Amelia miss Egypt.
• Lady Baskerville visits the Emersons and asks Emerson to take over her dead husband's excavation.
• Emerson only agrees to take over Baskerville's dig on the condition that Amelia may accompany him - they plan to leave their son with cousins for the winter.
• Amelia and Emerson arrive in Cairo and have...
This section contains 2,073 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)