|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ralph sketched at the end of the first chapter in this section?
2. What does the fire become a symbol of in this section?
3. What does the local caretaker try to con Hunter into buying?
4. What kind of skies has Ralph drawn above the pool area?
5. Who called King Kamehameha the Alexander of Hawaii?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Cook detain the Hawaiian king?
2. How does Hunter celebrate Christmas Eve in this section?
3. Describe Hunter's road trip down Saddle Road.
4. What problems does Hunter have at the beginning of the ninth section?
5. What problems does Ackerman have in the ninth section?
6. How does Hunter scare the crowd at the weigh in?
7. How does Ralph depict Steve in this section?
8. Describe the picture at the end of A Dog Took My place.
9. Describe Ralph's picture that accompanies the Law of the Splintered Oar story.
10. How has Kona changed when Hunter returns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Curse of Lono is a Gonzo Journalist piece. What are the mechanics of a Gonzo Journalism in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Hunter represent the artist's lifestyle? How accurate is Hunter's representation of the artist's lifestyle? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)