|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the hotel quarantined Rupert?
2. Which character does Hunter find unconscious when he wakes up?
3. What kind of fruit sits on the diving board in Ralph's picture?
4. What kind of reception does Captain Cook get from the Hawaiians in this section?
5. What did a fisherman use to hit the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunter say he silenced the marlin in this section?
2. Describe Ralph's picture that accompanies the Law of the Splintered Oar story.
3. Why does Hunter flee to the City of Refuge?
4. Why does Captain Cook detain the Hawaiian king?
5. What is the group's plan regarding South Point?
6. How does Hunter scare the crowd at the weigh in?
7. How does Hunter betray Steve in this section?
8. What was King Kamehameha's reputation?
9. What problems is Hunter causing the hotel in this section?
10. How does Hunter celebrate Christmas Eve in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Iris Hunter's previous book and contrast it with Curse of Lono in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
How influential has Hunter S. Thompson been as a writer and journalist? How did Thompson work his way up to success? How do people view Hunter's career in today's America?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)