|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the hotel quarantined Rupert?
(a) He has fleas.
(b) He has rabies.
(c) He bit a tourist.
(d) He has worms.
2. What is the name of the Steadman's dog?
3. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
(a) North Point.
(b) Bomb Fever.
(d) South Point.
4. Where is Ralph and his family taking a plane to?
(b) New York.
5. What sport does Hunter take up in this section?
6. What does Hunter become paranoid about in this section?
(a) The way Steve looks at his girlfriend.
(b) Ralph's pictures of him dying.
(c) Steve's sarcastic remarks.
(d) He is trapped on a boat with people he does not know.
7. What did the Law of the Splinter Law protect citizens against?
8. What kind of skies has Ralph drawn above the pool area?
(a) Red skies.
(b) Blue skies.
(c) Cloudy skies.
(d) Stormy skies.
9. Where has Ralph taken his family?
(a) The Honolulu Hotel.
(b) The Kamehameha hotel.
(c) The Four Seasons Hotel.
(d) The Hula Hotel.
10. What does Ackerman promise to bring for Hunter?
(a) Some women.
(b) Some films.
(c) Some money.
(d) Some chemicals.
11. What kind of animal does Ralph have to take care of in this section?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A gorilla.
12. Who called King Kamehameha the Alexander of Hawaii?
(a) Captain Cook.
(b) Rudyard Kipling.
(c) William Ellis.
(d) Mark Twain.
13. What does the fire become a symbol of in this section?
(a) Love and peace.
(b) Hope and survival.
(c) Death and hate.
(d) Heaven and hell.
14. Who is paying for the hotel Hunter is staying at?
(a) The Rolling Stone Magazine.
(c) The Runner Magazine.
15. What does Hunter say litters the streets of Kona?
(a) Rocks and abandoned cars.
(b) Dead dogs and litter.
(c) Sand and leaves.
(d) Paper and food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit sits on the diving board in Ralph's picture?
2. What has Ralph used to draw the splintered oar?
3. What does Hunter think there is a great deal of money to be in made in doing?
4. What has Ralph sketched at the end of the first chapter in this section?
5. What did Hunter's crew want to hit the Marlin with?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)