|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ackerman say he can see from his front porch?
(b) The Captain Cook statue.
(c) New York.
(d) The City of Refuge.
2. What does Hunter give Ralph to counteract the effect of the Valerian?
3. What city do Ralph and Hunter move to from Honolulu?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francsico.
4. What does Gene kill on the way to the hotel?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A child.
5. What do the police say will alert them of large waves?
(a) A Blitz siren.
(b) A Rescue Alert siren.
(c) A police siren.
(d) A Civil Defense siren.
6. What is the name of the sexual volcanic goddess?
7. What does Hunter watch in Wilbur's house?
(a) The marathon.
8. What kind of sport does Hunter want his son to enjoy in Hawaii?
(b) Spear throwing.
(c) Water sports.
9. What is the name of the bar where Hunter meets Ralph?
(a) The Hula Hula.
(b) The Lu-Lu Lounge.
(c) The Hoopla Bar.
(d) The Ho-Ho Lounge.
10. What two sports did Lono seek solace in after he killed his wife?
(a) Wrestling and boxing.
(b) Baseball and basketball.
(c) Karate and yoga.
(d) Football and fishing.
11. What does Gene dissuade Hunter from doing?
(a) Going back to the Rolling Stone.
(b) Staying at a cheap hotel.
(c) Running in the marathon.
(d) Taking drugs.
12. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
(a) The View of the Gods.
(b) There are no rules.
(c) Trapped in a Queer Place.
(d) Electricity in My Eye.
13. Which member of his family does Ralph worry about in this section?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
14. Who meets Thompson at the airport?
(a) Lester Bangs.
(b) Jack Ackerman.
(c) Ralph Steadman.
(d) Gene Skinner.
15. What is printed on the t-shirts of every runner that finishes the marathon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose letters are printed in the book?
2. What has Skinner been hired as for the Honolulu Marathon?
3. Who is drowning in Ralph's picture at the end of this section?
4. What person does Ralph say Skinner is?
5. What is the name of the second chapter in this section?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)