|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose letters are printed in the book?
(a) Rudyard Kipling's.
(b) Mark Twain's.
(c) Captain Cook's.
2. What does the gift shop suggest Hunter buys?
(a) A tea towel.
(b) A war club.
(c) An axe.
(d) A set of knives.
3. What does Mark Twain say the Pacific Ocean is not in his letters?
4. What kind of war club does the man at the gift shop suggest Hunter buy?
(a) A Hawaiian war club.
(b) An Indian war clup.
(c) A Viking war club.
(d) A Samoan war club.
5. What does Hunter share with Ackerman?
6. Who do Hunter and Gene shout abuse at in this section?
(a) Ralph's family.
(b) The photographers.
(c) The press.
(d) The runners.
7. Where in Hawaii can even the worst people find solace?
(a) The City of Refuge.
(b) The City of Death.
(c) The City of Sin.
(d) The City of God.
8. What is printed on the t-shirts of every runner that finishes the marathon?
9. Where is Hunter when a wave carries him off?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The swimming pool.
(c) His bed.
(d) The garage.
10. What is the name of the sexual volcanic goddess?
11. What is the job of Hunter's neighbor in Kona?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) An American senator.
(c) A ship's captain.
(d) A charter fisherman.
12. Who did Lono slay in a moment of anger?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
13. What is Gene disappointed to hear that Hunter does not have?
(b) A car.
(d) A typewriter.
14. What do the police say will alert them of large waves?
(a) A Civil Defense siren.
(b) A police siren.
(c) A Blitz siren.
(d) A Rescue Alert siren.
15. How does Hunter describe the social behavior his son sees?
(a) Soul destroying.
(b) A good experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kipling warn westerners not to do in Naulahka?
2. What has Skinner been hired as for the Honolulu Marathon?
3. Why does Gene think it is a bad idea to participate in the marathon?
4. What does Hunter call the police to ask about?
5. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)