|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
2. What nickname do the three young men on the train give to the narrator?
3. How does the narrator feel when the dream in Chapter 229 is over?
4. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
5. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the narrator so concerned with taking the A-level test? What will taking the A-level test prove? Is it necessary for the narrator to take the A-level exam? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Death is a theme in the book with Christopher believing that his mother is dead and discovering a dead Wellington on the lawn. However, it is through Wellington's death that Christopher discovers his mother is alive. Why do you think Christopher's father told Christopher that his mother was dead? Why would he create the story about Mother dying at the hospital? Did Father's action symbolize his burying of his relationship with mother? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)