|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear shortly after he wakes up in Chapter 179?
2. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
3. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
4. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
5. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Father tells Christopher that he killed Wellington because he was upset at Mrs. Shears and did not like the fact that she thought more of the dog then she did of him. Why does father take his anger out on the dog? Why does he not tell Mrs. Shears that he killed Wellington? Why does Father wait so long to tell Christopher that he is the dog's killer? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2How is it that Christopher can look at the clouds and envision an alien spacecraft and other imaginary forms but is so totally closed off to the notion of anything that is not observable in the real universe? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3Several chapters in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, are missing from the novel. Why does the author choose to leave these chapters out? Do the missing chapters add to the mystery in the novel? Do you think these chapters contain any important information? How would the story changed if all the chapters were included in the novel? Would it be the same or different? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)