|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
2. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
3. How many illustrations are in Chapter 181?
4. What reason does the narrator give for going to London?
5. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use foreshadowing in the novel? What is his purpose for using foreshadowing? Why is it necessary to use foreshadowing in a mystery? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)