|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
2. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
3. Where does the narrator's mother live?
4. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
5. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Christopher has a deep fear of strangers. How does he overcome this fear during his adventure to London? What techniques does he use to cope with the strangers? Why is it significant that he is able to cope with being around the strangers? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)