Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
2. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
3. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
4. What is in the Smarties box?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
Essay Topic 1
How is it that Christopher can look at the clouds and envision an alien spacecraft and other imaginary forms but is so totally closed off to the notion of anything that is not observable in the real universe? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are Christopher's views on God? How does he view God? Does he believe in God? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)