|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
2. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
3. In Chapter 227, what is Mother doing when she arrives to her home and Christopher is awaiting her arrival?
4. Which one of the following is not one of the three conditions the narrator names as to why life on earth occurred as the result of an accident?
5. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the novel not end when Christopher discovers the identity of Wellington's killer? Is the dog's death the real mystery of the novel or is the death of Christopher's mother the real mystery of the novel? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the narrator so concerned with taking the A-level test? What will taking the A-level test prove? Is it necessary for the narrator to take the A-level exam? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Father's motivation for keeping the truth about Mother away from Christopher? Is his purpose to save Christopher's feelings or to punish his wife? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)