|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
2. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
3. What is in the Smarties box?
4. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
5. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the novel end so suddenly, unlike the start of the novel which takes a while to build? Please discuss the novel's pace and use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Several chapters in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, are missing from the novel. Why does the author choose to leave these chapters out? Do the missing chapters add to the mystery in the novel? Do you think these chapters contain any important information? How would the story changed if all the chapters were included in the novel? Would it be the same or different? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are Christopher's views on God? How does he view God? Does he believe in God? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)