|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
2. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
3. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
4. How many months did it take the narrator's hair to grow back after he fell out of the car?
5. Why does the narrator say people believe in God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does the author try to reveal Christopher's disability? What writing techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? What style techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use foreshadowing in the novel? What is his purpose for using foreshadowing? Why is it necessary to use foreshadowing in a mystery? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)