|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
2. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
3. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
4. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Father's motivation for keeping the truth about Mother away from Christopher? Is his purpose to save Christopher's feelings or to punish his wife? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)