|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
2. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
3. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
4. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
5. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Several chapters in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, are missing from the novel. Why does the author choose to leave these chapters out? Do the missing chapters add to the mystery in the novel? Do you think these chapters contain any important information? How would the story changed if all the chapters were included in the novel? Would it be the same or different? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)