Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
2. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
3. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
4. What is in the Smarties box?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
Essay Topic 1
A major theme in the book is rage. How does Christopher express his rage? How does Father express his rage? How does Mother express her rage? What similarities are there in the way the family expresses their rage? What differences are here in the way the family expresses their rage? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Christopher has a hard time expressing his emotions in several situations in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. How does Christopher deal with his emotions? What statements does he make to reveal his emotions? How does he react to different emotional situations? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Christopher not tell Father that he knows about Mother leaving with Mr. Shears? Why does Christopher not tell his Father that he has written about this in his novel? Why does Christopher not tell his father that he has found Mother's letters? Does he think father will be upset that Christopher knows this information? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)