|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
2. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
3. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
5. When did the narrator make timetables?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is Father's motivation for keeping the truth about Mother away from Christopher? Is his purpose to save Christopher's feelings or to punish his wife? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)