|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
2. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
3. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
4. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
5. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Christopher's views on God? How does he view God? Does he believe in God? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is Father's motivation for keeping the truth about Mother away from Christopher? Is his purpose to save Christopher's feelings or to punish his wife? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)