|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
2. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
3. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
4. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
5. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the novel not end when Christopher discovers the identity of Wellington's killer? Is the dog's death the real mystery of the novel or is the death of Christopher's mother the real mystery of the novel? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Christopher has a hard time expressing his emotions in several situations in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. How does Christopher deal with his emotions? What statements does he make to reveal his emotions? How does he react to different emotional situations? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use foreshadowing in the novel? What is his purpose for using foreshadowing? Why is it necessary to use foreshadowing in a mystery? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)