|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
2. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Mother lose her job?
4. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several chapters in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, are missing from the novel. Why does the author choose to leave these chapters out? Do the missing chapters add to the mystery in the novel? Do you think these chapters contain any important information? How would the story changed if all the chapters were included in the novel? Would it be the same or different? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
A major theme in the book is rage. How does Christopher express his rage? How does Father express his rage? How does Mother express her rage? What similarities are there in the way the family expresses their rage? What differences are here in the way the family expresses their rage? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the author try to reveal Christopher's disability? What writing techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? What style techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)