|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the narrator's name at the start of Chapter 197?
2. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
3. Why does Mother lose her job?
4. Why did Father kill the dog?
5. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the narrator so concerned with taking the A-level test? What will taking the A-level test prove? Is it necessary for the narrator to take the A-level exam? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Christopher not tell Father that he knows about Mother leaving with Mr. Shears? Why does Christopher not tell his Father that he has written about this in his novel? Why does Christopher not tell his father that he has found Mother's letters? Does he think father will be upset that Christopher knows this information? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)