|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
2. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
3. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
4. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
5. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several chapters in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, are missing from the novel. Why does the author choose to leave these chapters out? Do the missing chapters add to the mystery in the novel? Do you think these chapters contain any important information? How would the story changed if all the chapters were included in the novel? Would it be the same or different? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the narrator so concerned with taking the A-level test? What will taking the A-level test prove? Is it necessary for the narrator to take the A-level exam? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How is it that Christopher can look at the clouds and envision an alien spacecraft and other imaginary forms but is so totally closed off to the notion of anything that is not observable in the real universe? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)