|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
2. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
3. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
4. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
5. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 103, is the conversation about Parky and the ancient circuits relevant to the story of Christopher and Wellington, or is it just a clever device to slip in the double-entendre about the sleeping dog? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Christopher not tell Father that he knows about Mother leaving with Mr. Shears? Why does Christopher not tell his Father that he has written about this in his novel? Why does Christopher not tell his father that he has found Mother's letters? Does he think father will be upset that Christopher knows this information? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)