|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
2. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
3. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
4. What is in the Smarties box?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 103, is the conversation about Parky and the ancient circuits relevant to the story of Christopher and Wellington, or is it just a clever device to slip in the double-entendre about the sleeping dog? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Christopher has a deep fear of strangers. How does he overcome this fear during his adventure to London? What techniques does he use to cope with the strangers? Why is it significant that he is able to cope with being around the strangers? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)