Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
2. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
3. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
4. What is in the Smarties box?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Christopher not tell Father that he knows about Mother leaving with Mr. Shears? Why does Christopher not tell his Father that he has written about this in his novel? Why does Christopher not tell his father that he has found Mother's letters? Does he think father will be upset that Christopher knows this information? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 103, is the conversation about Parky and the ancient circuits relevant to the story of Christopher and Wellington, or is it just a clever device to slip in the double-entendre about the sleeping dog? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use foreshadowing in the novel? What is his purpose for using foreshadowing? Why is it necessary to use foreshadowing in a mystery? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)