|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
2. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
3. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
4. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
5. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the narrator so concerned with taking the A-level test? What will taking the A-level test prove? Is it necessary for the narrator to take the A-level exam? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)