|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
2. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
3. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
5. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A major theme in the book is rage. How does Christopher express his rage? How does Father express his rage? How does Mother express her rage? What similarities are there in the way the family expresses their rage? What differences are here in the way the family expresses their rage? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Christopher has a deep fear of strangers. How does he overcome this fear during his adventure to London? What techniques does he use to cope with the strangers? Why is it significant that he is able to cope with being around the strangers? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are Christopher's three most significant accomplishments in this book? Why are these accomplishments so significant? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)