|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
2. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
4. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
5. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wellington's condition in Chapter 2.
2. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
3. What does Mrs. Anderson reveal to Christopher about his mother in Chapter 97?
4. Why is Father upset with Christopher in Chapter 79?
5. How does Christopher explain Mr. and Mrs. Shears' relationship?
6. Describe the series of events that led to Christopher's arrest.
7. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
8. What series of events causes Christopher and his mother to head back to Swindon?
9. Mother gives Christopher more insight into her relationship with Mr. Shears. How does her relationship with Mr. Shears develop?
10. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the novel end so suddenly, unlike the start of the novel which takes a while to build? Please discuss the novel's pace and use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
A major theme in the book is rage. How does Christopher express his rage? How does Father express his rage? How does Mother express her rage? What similarities are there in the way the family expresses their rage? What differences are here in the way the family expresses their rage? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the novel not end when Christopher discovers the identity of Wellington's killer? Is the dog's death the real mystery of the novel or is the death of Christopher's mother the real mystery of the novel? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 2,081 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)