|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
2. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
3. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
4. What is the narrator's favorite book?
5. In reflection, what does the narrator recall about his mother's temper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
2. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
3. How does Christopher determine where he will go live now that he has learned that father killed Wellington? Why does he make the decision to go to London?
4. Why would Christopher not take a vacation?
5. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
6. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
7. Describe the "How the Mind Works" experiment.
8. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
9. How did Christopher's "behavioral problems" impact the relationship between his parents?
10. Why does Father kill Wellington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Christopher not tell Father that he knows about Mother leaving with Mr. Shears? Why does Christopher not tell his Father that he has written about this in his novel? Why does Christopher not tell his father that he has found Mother's letters? Does he think father will be upset that Christopher knows this information? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the novel end so suddenly, unlike the start of the novel which takes a while to build? Please discuss the novel's pace and use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)