|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
2. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
3. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
4. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
5. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe The Case of the Cottingley Fairies.
2. What is the point of Chapter 101?
3. How is the novel that the narrator is writing similar to that of the Sherlock Holmes novel Hounds of the Baskervilles? How is it different?
4. How is Christopher supposed to refer to the students at his school, and why is Christopher not supposed to refer to the children at his school as "stupid"?
5. What is significant about Christopher's behavior in Chapter 191?
6. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
7. Why does Christopher go to Mrs. Alexander's house? What does he tell her? Why does Christopher leave her house in a hurry?
8. How does Christopher explain Mr. and Mrs. Shears' relationship?
9. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
10. Compare Christopher's behavior in the train station in Swindon to his behavior when he first goes down into the subway tunnel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Christopher not tell Father that he knows about Mother leaving with Mr. Shears? Why does Christopher not tell his Father that he has written about this in his novel? Why does Christopher not tell his father that he has found Mother's letters? Does he think father will be upset that Christopher knows this information? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the novel end so suddenly, unlike the start of the novel which takes a while to build? Please discuss the novel's pace and use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Christopher has a hard time expressing his emotions in several situations in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. How does Christopher deal with his emotions? What statements does he make to reveal his emotions? How does he react to different emotional situations? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)