Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
2. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
3. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
4. Why did the narrator like the grass?
5. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christopher like timetables? When did he make timetables? What example of a timetable does he give the reader?
2. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
3. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
4. How does Mrs. Shears behavior differ in Chapter 53 from her behavior the night that Wellington was killed (Chapter 5)?
5. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
6. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
7. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
8. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
9. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
10. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
Death is a theme in the book with Christopher believing that his mother is dead and discovering a dead Wellington on the lawn. However, it is through Wellington's death that Christopher discovers his mother is alive. Why do you think Christopher's father told Christopher that his mother was dead? Why would he create the story about Mother dying at the hospital? Did Father's action symbolize his burying of his relationship with mother? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Christopher has a hard time expressing his emotions in several situations in the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. How does Christopher deal with his emotions? What statements does he make to reveal his emotions? How does he react to different emotional situations? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
There are several illustrations throughout the book. What roles do these illustration have in regards to the text in the novel? Why is it necessary for the author to include these illustrations? What do these illustrations say about the author? What do these illustrations say about Christopher? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,345 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)