Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
2. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
3. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
4. Why did the narrator like the grass?
5. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christopher like timetables? When did he make timetables? What example of a timetable does he give the reader?
2. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
3. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
4. How does Mrs. Shears behavior differ in Chapter 53 from her behavior the night that Wellington was killed (Chapter 5)?
5. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
6. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
7. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
8. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
9. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
10. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
Essay Topic 1
What is Father's motivation for keeping the truth about Mother away from Christopher? Is his purpose to save Christopher's feelings or to punish his wife? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the author try to reveal Christopher's disability? What writing techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? What style techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)