|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
2. What is the narrator's full name?
3. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
4. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
5. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
2. Describe Rhodri.
3. How does Christopher explain Mr. and Mrs. Shears' relationship?
4. What are three reasons why Christopher does not like brown or yellow?
5. Why would Christopher not take a vacation?
6. Compare Christopher's behavior in the train station in Swindon to his behavior when he first goes down into the subway tunnel.
7. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
8. Why does Christopher say he would make a good astronaut?
9. What does Mrs. Anderson reveal to Christopher about his mother in Chapter 97?
10. How does Christopher illustrate that he "sees everything"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father tells Christopher that he killed Wellington because he was upset at Mrs. Shears and did not like the fact that she thought more of the dog then she did of him. Why does father take his anger out on the dog? Why does he not tell Mrs. Shears that he killed Wellington? Why does Father wait so long to tell Christopher that he is the dog's killer? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Christopher view reality? Does he live in the same reality as all of the other characters? Or does he live in an altered reality? Explain your answer. Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Death is a theme in the book with Christopher believing that his mother is dead and discovering a dead Wellington on the lawn. However, it is through Wellington's death that Christopher discovers his mother is alive. Why do you think Christopher's father told Christopher that his mother was dead? Why would he create the story about Mother dying at the hospital? Did Father's action symbolize his burying of his relationship with mother? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)