|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
2. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
3. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
4. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
5. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wellington's condition in Chapter 2.
2. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
3. How does Christopher explain the meaning of adverts, and what example of an advert does he give?
4. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
5. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
6. Describe Christopher's father.
7. Why was it necessary for Siobhan to draw pictures of different emotions for the narrator to study?
8. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
9. Why does Christopher say that it is silly to name constellations for their shapes? What are two examples he gives for his reasoning?
10. What is significant about Christopher's behavior in Chapter 191?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Christopher's views on God? How does he view God? Does he believe in God? Why or why not? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How is Christopher a nontraditional hero? What actions does he take to showcase his heroic side? What are Christopher's strengths as a hero? What are Christopher's weaknesses as a hero? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what way does the author try to reveal Christopher's disability? What writing techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? What style techniques does he use to try to convey his disability? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)