|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
2. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(b) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He wonders what he is going to do next.
3. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the narrator's bedroom.
(d) In his van.
4. Who calls the narrator's name at the start of Chapter 197?
(b) The policeman.
5. How many illustrations are in Chapter 173?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
2. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
3. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
4. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
5. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)