|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
2. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) The moon.
(d) The planet Venus.
3. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Play video games for a whole week.
(b) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
(c) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(d) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
4. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(d) The United States.
5. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
(a) There is no answer.
(b) Mrs. Shears answer the door crying.
(c) Mrs. Shears yells at the narrator for knocking on her door.
(d) Father and Mrs. Shears are arguing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
2. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
3. When did the narrator make timetables?
4. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
5. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)