|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that half an eye is very useful?
(a) It means that an animal can't see at all.
(b) It means that an animal will not live very long.
(c) It means that an animal will always be able to see its prey.
(d) It means that an animal can only see half of an animal it wants to eat.
2. Who calls the narrator's name at the start of Chapter 197?
(a) The policeman.
3. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he played with his trains.
(b) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(c) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(d) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
4. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
(a) Buy food for the train ride.
(b) Buy a train ticket.
(c) Withdraw money.
(d) Call his mother.
5. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(b) Toby's picture.
(c) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
(d) A map of Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
2. What nickname do the three young men on the train give to the narrator?
3. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
4. Why does the narrator like timetables?
5. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)