|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
(b) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
(c) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
(d) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
2. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(b) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
(c) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(d) When he played with his trains.
3. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
4. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
(a) Explain how one of his classmates thinks.
(b) Explain why Mother thinks like she does.
(c) Explain how he learned that other people had minds.
(d) Explain a new theory of how people think.
5. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
(a) A train conductor.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A woman dressed in mink.
(d) A shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
2. What sound does the narrator compare the train's arrival in Chapter 227 to?
3. What does the narrator compare peoples' brains to?
4. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
5. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)