|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
(b) Toby's picture.
(c) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(d) A map of Europe.
2. What does the narrator compare peoples' brains to?
(d) Lawn Mowers.
3. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(b) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(c) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
(a) His dream is the same as a scientist at NASA.
(b) His dream was depicted in a movie.
(c) He has different versions of the dream.
(d) He has the same dream every night.
5. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(b) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(c) When he played with his trains.
(d) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator like timetables?
2. Why does the narrator say people believe in God?
3. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
4. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
5. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)