|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(a) The United States.
2. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
(a) His dream was depicted in a movie.
(b) His dream is the same as a scientist at NASA.
(c) He has the same dream every night.
(d) He has different versions of the dream.
3. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
(b) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
(c) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
(d) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
4. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(b) The Pound of Fish.
(c) The Bunch of Grapes.
(d) The Bicycle.
5. What sound does the narrator compare the train's arrival in Chapter 227 to?
(a) A bird chirping loudly.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A sword fight.
(d) A screaming tea kettle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the narrator give for going to London?
2. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
3. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
4. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
5. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)