|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
(a) A book with math puzzles.
(b) A video about mammals in the wild.
(c) A Sherlock Holmes novel.
(d) A golden retriever puppy.
2. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
3. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
(a) Time can be summarized in a timetable.
(b) Time does not standstill for any man.
(c) Time changes a person's outlook on life.
(d) Time is a mystery and not a thing.
4. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
5. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 40 pounds.
(c) 30 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
2. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
3. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
4. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
5. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)