|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
(a) Visual Saccades.
(b) Visual Memorization.
(c) Visual Escapes.
(d) Visual Illuminations.
2. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
(a) Her behavior towards Father.
(b) The mystery of ghosts.
(c) Her illness.
(d) Her absense.
3. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
(c) Mr. Loxely.
4. What is in the Smarties box?
(a) A marker.
(b) A pencil.
5. Why does the narrator say he does not like new places?
(a) Because he sees everything.
(b) Because they are filled with new people.
(c) Because they smell funny.
(d) Because they are different than the places he is already used to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
2. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
3. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
4. Why did Father kill the dog?
5. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)