|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
(a) Mrs. Shears yells at the narrator for knocking on her door.
(b) Father and Mrs. Shears are arguing.
(c) There is no answer.
(d) Mrs. Shears answer the door crying.
2. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
(a) Not being able to tell jokes.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) This book not being a funny book.
(d) Not telling lies.
3. What are adverts?
(a) A poem that has a serious message.
(b) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
4. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
(b) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
(c) Because there was urine on the floor.
(d) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
5. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
(a) Behind a row of luggage.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In another train car.
(d) In a suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
2. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
3. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
4. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
5. What reason does the narrator give for going to London?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)