|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear shortly after he wakes up in Chapter 179?
(a) Father calling his name and searching for him.
(b) Mrs. Alexander singing loudly.
(c) Father's van starting up and leaving the house.
(d) Mrs. Shears yelling at Father.
2. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Six days.
(d) Ten days.
3. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(b) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(c) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
(a) He is left to live in the subway.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He dies.
5. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
2. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
3. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
4. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
5. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)