|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
(a) A picture depicting his dream.
(b) A picture of the people he sees on the train.
(c) A picture of his father.
(d) A picture of different facial expressions.
2. What reason does the narrator give for going to London?
(a) To take his A-level exam.
(b) To escape his father.
(c) To find Siobhan.
(d) To live with his mother.
3. What are adverts?
(a) Mathematical equations.
(b) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(c) A poem that has a serious message.
(d) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
4. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Bicycle.
(b) The Bunch of Grapes.
(d) The Pound of Fish.
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) The moon.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) A constellation.
(d) The planet Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when his father tries to make up with him in Chapter 167?
2. Why does the narrator say people believe in God?
3. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
4. Why does the narrator say he does not like new places?
5. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)