|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
(a) Time can be summarized in a timetable.
(b) Time is a mystery and not a thing.
(c) Time changes a person's outlook on life.
(d) Time does not standstill for any man.
2. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
(a) 10:00 PM.
(b) 9:00 PM.
(c) 9:30 PM.
(d) 8:30 PM.
3. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(a) The United States.
4. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
(b) Because there was urine on the floor.
(c) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
(d) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
5. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A drawing of three blind mice.
(b) A picture of orangutans.
(c) A picture of a holiday.
(d) A sample advert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
2. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
3. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
4. How many months did it take the narrator's hair to grow back after he fell out of the car?
5. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)