|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mother lose her job?
(a) She was not completing her assignments on time.
(b) Her job found out about her son.
(c) She quit.
(d) She is taking too much time off of work.
2. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Bunch of Grapes.
(b) The Bicycle.
(c) The Pound of Fish.
3. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Play video games for a whole week.
(b) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
(c) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(d) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
4. Why does the narrator say he does not like new places?
(a) Because they are filled with new people.
(b) Because he sees everything.
(c) Because they are different than the places he is already used to.
(d) Because they smell funny.
5. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) A map of Europe.
(b) Toby's picture.
(c) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
(d) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
2. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
3. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
4. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
5. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)