|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
(a) The Netwon James Theory.
(b) The Johnson Solor System Theory.
(c) The Sean Carter Problem.
(d) The Monty Hall Problem.
2. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) An African elephant.
(b) A spider monkey.
(c) A sea lion.
(d) An orangutan.
3. In Chapter 109, who tells the narrator, "...sometimes we get sad about things and we don't like to tell other people that we are sad about them."
(d) Mrs. Alexander.
4. In Chapter 103, where does the narrator go to watch the clouds make pictures?
(a) The front lawn.
(b) The roof.
(c) The garden.
(d) The fire escape.
5. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
(a) Special needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
2. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
3. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
4. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
5. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator view cardinal number and prime numbers?
2. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
3. Describe the series of events that led to Christopher's arrest.
4. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
5. What are three reasons why Christopher does not like brown or yellow?
6. Describe the "How the Mind Works" experiment.
7. How does Mrs. Shears behavior differ in Chapter 53 from her behavior the night that Wellington was killed (Chapter 5)?
8. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
9. Why is Father upset with Christopher in Chapter 79?
10. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)