|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
2. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Silent and passive.
(b) Excited and talkative.
(c) Engaged and captivated.
(d) Withdrawn and silent.
3. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
(a) Special needs.
4. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
(a) Because he thinks the police will not investigate the dog's murder.
(b) Because he does not always do what he is told.
(c) Because he thinks Mrs. Shears killed the dog.
(d) Because he thinks he'll get bored when he gets home.
5. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A fromula for a population of teachers.
(b) A formula for a population of schools.
(c) A formula for a population of animals.
(d) A formula for a population of students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
2. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
3. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
4. The type of day the narrator has depends on the number of cars he passes on the way to school. What are the two types of days that he has?
5. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
2. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
3. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
4. What are three reasons why Christopher does not like brown or yellow?
5. Why does Christopher feel he cannot trust his father? How does he react towards Father after he confesses to Wellington's death?
6. Describe The Case of the Cottingley Fairies.
7. How does Christopher determine where he will go live now that he has learned that father killed Wellington? Why does he make the decision to go to London?
8. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
9. Describe the "How the Mind Works" experiment.
10. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)