|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
(a) For not taking the narrator on their outing the previous Saturday.
(b) For getting angry.
(c) For not taking the narrator to get lunch.
(d) For not telling the narrator about Mr. Shears.
2. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
(b) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
(c) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(d) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
3. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
(a) Father's long work hours.
(b) Father's infidelity.
(c) The narrator's behavioral problems.
(d) Mother's extreme mood swings.
4. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
(a) A bad day.
(b) A black day.
(c) A green day.
(d) A good day.
5. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because they had a lot of arguments.
(b) Because Mother got sick.
(c) Because Mother moved out.
(d) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
2. According to the narrator, what group did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle join when he got old?
3. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
4. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
5. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe The Case of the Cottingley Fairies.
2. What is the purpose of Chapter 181? Why does the author feel the need to include Chapter 181 in the novel?
3. Why does Christopher not believe in the supernatural? Give one example of supernatural mysteries that he does not believe in.
4. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
5. How does the narrator view cardinal number and prime numbers?
6. Mother gives Christopher more insight into her relationship with Mr. Shears. How does her relationship with Mr. Shears develop?
7. What series of events causes Christopher and his mother to head back to Swindon?
8. Describe Wellington's condition in Chapter 2.
9. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
10. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)