|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A sea lion.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A spider monkey.
(d) An African elephant.
2. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
(b) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
(c) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(d) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
3. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(b) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
(c) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
(d) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
4. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
(a) Because when the narrator's father is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(b) Because the narrator's father stopped talking.
(c) Because the narrator does not have anything to say to his father.
(d) Because when the narrator is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
5. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For assulting a police officer.
(b) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(c) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(d) For killing the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
2. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
3. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
4. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
5. What did the narrator do with the piece of paper on which Siobhan drew lots of faces and wrote descriptions of exactly what each meant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the "How the Mind Works" experiment.
2. What is significant about Christopher's behavior in Chapter 191?
3. Why would Christopher not take a vacation?
4. What strategy does Christopher use to cope with his new surroundings and large amounts of people at the train station?
5. Why does Father kill Wellington?
6. According to Christopher, what is time? What is not time?
7. How is the novel that the narrator is writing similar to that of the Sherlock Holmes novel Hounds of the Baskervilles? How is it different?
8. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
9. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
10. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)