|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A formula for a population of animals.
(b) A fromula for a population of teachers.
(c) A formula for a population of students.
(d) A formula for a population of schools.
2. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
(a) For not taking the narrator to get lunch.
(b) For not telling the narrator about Mr. Shears.
(c) For getting angry.
(d) For not taking the narrator on their outing the previous Saturday.
3. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
(b) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
(c) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(d) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
4. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 4 years ago.
(c) 3 years ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
5. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A sea lion.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) An African elephant.
(d) A spider monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
2. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
3. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
4. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
5. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's father.
2. According to Christopher, what is time? What is not time?
3. Does Christopher believe in heaven? Why or Why not? Whose opinion about heaven does he seek and what do they tell him?
4. What are three reasons why Christopher does not like brown or yellow?
5. How is Christopher supposed to refer to the students at his school, and why is Christopher not supposed to refer to the children at his school as "stupid"?
6. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
7. Why does Christopher say that it is silly to name constellations for their shapes? What are two examples he gives for his reasoning?
8. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
9. Why does Christopher feel he cannot trust his father? How does he react towards Father after he confesses to Wellington's death?
10. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
This section contains 1,321 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)