|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
(b) In a friend's home.
(c) In a bakery.
(d) In the sancutary of a church.
2. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
(a) Not talking about his mother.
(b) Talking to Mrs. Shears.
(c) Not talking about Mr. Shears.
(d) His silly detective game.
3. In Chapter 109, what does the narrator spend the afternoon doing?
(b) Detective work.
(c) Reading his favorite book.
(d) Painting pictures of aliens.
4. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
(a) Shoes from Han Coles.
(b) Books from Barnes and Noble.
(c) Food from Marks and Spencer's.
(d) Flowers from Spencer's.
5. What type of business does Father own?
(a) An auto repair business.
(b) A shoe repair business.
(c) A laundry business.
(d) A boiler repair business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
2. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
3. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
4. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
5. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rhodri.
2. Why does Christopher not believe in the supernatural? Give one example of supernatural mysteries that he does not believe in.
3. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
4. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
5. How does Christopher determine where he will go live now that he has learned that father killed Wellington? Why does he make the decision to go to London?
6. Why does Christopher feel he cannot trust his father? How does he react towards Father after he confesses to Wellington's death?
7. How does the narrator view cardinal number and prime numbers?
8. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
9. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
10. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)