|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(b) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
(c) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
(d) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
2. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) The narrator's book.
(b) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
(c) His A-level math test.
(d) The bruises on his face.
3. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
(a) Not calling him.
(b) Waiting so long since her last letter to write him.
(c) Leaving him with his father.
(d) Not allowing him at the hospital during her illness.
4. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
(a) Special needs.
5. At the end of Chapter 67, who does the narrator think killed the dog?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
(b) Mrs. Shears.
(d) Mr. Shears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does the narrator say he does not like?
2. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
3. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
4. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
5. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
2. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
3. Why is Chapter 173 symbolic?
4. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
5. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
6. Why does Christopher go to Mrs. Alexander's house? What does he tell her? Why does Christopher leave her house in a hurry?
7. Describe Rhodri.
8. How is Christopher supposed to refer to the students at his school, and why is Christopher not supposed to refer to the children at his school as "stupid"?
9. How does Christopher explain the meaning of adverts, and what example of an advert does he give?
10. What series of events causes Christopher and his mother to head back to Swindon?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)