|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
2. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being in unfamiliar places.
(c) Not being with his father.
(d) Talking to strangers.
3. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 4 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
4. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because Mother got sick.
(b) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
(c) Because Mother moved out.
(d) Because they had a lot of arguments.
5. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
(a) He is not wearing a tie.
(b) He is wearing jeans, rather than slacks.
(c) He is wearing a suit, rather than a uniform.
(d) He is wearing a uniform, rather than a suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's full name?
2. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
3. What type of listing does the narrator include in Chapter 73?
4. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
5. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
2. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
3. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
4. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
5. Describe Rhodri.
6. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
7. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
8. What example does Christopher give of a mystery that is not a mystery? How is this mystery not a mystery? What technique does he use to diminish the mystery?
9. What is the point of Chapter 101?
10. Does Christopher believe in heaven? Why or Why not? Whose opinion about heaven does he seek and what do they tell him?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)