|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 3 years ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 1 year ago.
2. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) The zoo.
(b) For a drive.
(c) The movies.
(d) The park.
3. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) The narrator's home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The narrator's school.
(d) Father's office.
4. Why doesn't the narrator think he could make his story into a short novel?
(a) Because it is too short to be a short novel.
(b) Because he wants to write a longer novel.
(c) Because it does not have a proper ending.
(d) Because he does not think it would make a good short story.
5. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(b) Pictures of cars.
(c) Pictures of flowers.
(d) Pictures of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
2. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
3. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
4. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
5. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Christopher learn in the first letter from his mother that he reads?
2. Compare Christopher's early experience with the toilet at school (Chapter 157) and his experience on the toilet on the train (Chapter 197).
3. How does Christopher determine where he will go live now that he has learned that father killed Wellington? Why does he make the decision to go to London?
4. Why does Christopher say people believe in God? How does he view people that believe in God? What are Christopher's beliefs?
5. How does Mrs. Shears behavior differ in Chapter 53 from her behavior the night that Wellington was killed (Chapter 5)?
6. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
7. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
8. Describe the "How the Mind Works" experiment.
9. Describe Christopher's father.
10. Describe Rhodri.
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)