|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
2. The type of day the narrator has depends on the number of cars he passes on the way to school. What are the two types of days that he has?
(a) Quite good days and bad days.
(b) Brown days and super good days.
(c) Green days and black days.
(d) Good days and black days.
3. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
4. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Withdrawn and silent.
(b) Engaged and captivated.
(c) Excited and talkative.
(d) Silent and passive.
5. What type of listing does the narrator include in Chapter 73?
(a) A listing of his father's infidelities.
(b) A listing of his behavioral problems.
(c) A listing of his parents' arguments.
(d) A listing of his mother's mood swings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
2. What type of formula does the narrator write?
3. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
4. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
5. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
2. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
3. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
4. What groundbreaking information does Christopher find out in the Chapter 149, and how does he learn this information?
5. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
6. Why does Father kill Wellington?
7. What happens to Christopher during the six days he waits to look at the letters?
8. Why would Christopher not take a vacation?
9. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
10. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)