|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) His room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The dustbin.
(d) The utility room.
2. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
(a) She said that everyone has a favorite color.
(b) She said it's just plain awful.
(c) She said it's just being silly.
(d) She said that it's tacky.
3. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
4. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) Father's office.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The narrator's home.
(d) The narrator's school.
5. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
(b) The narrator's book.
(c) The bruises on his face.
(d) His A-level math test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's full name?
2. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
3. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
4. In Chapter 109, who tells the narrator, "...sometimes we get sad about things and we don't like to tell other people that we are sad about them."
5. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
2. How did Christopher's "behavioral problems" impact the relationship between his parents?
3. Why does Christopher go to Mrs. Alexander's house? What does he tell her? Why does Christopher leave her house in a hurry?
4. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
5. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
6. Why is Father upset with Christopher in Chapter 79?
7. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
8. Why does Christopher say that it is silly to name constellations for their shapes? What are two examples he gives for his reasoning?
9. How does Christopher determine where he will go live now that he has learned that father killed Wellington? Why does he make the decision to go to London?
10. Why was it necessary for Siobhan to draw pictures of different emotions for the narrator to study?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)