|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do with the piece of paper on which Siobhan drew lots of faces and wrote descriptions of exactly what each meant?
(a) He threw it away.
(b) He kept it in his pocket.
(c) He drew new faces with new meanings.
(d) He gave it to a friend.
2. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a young English woman.
(b) The ghost of an old pirate.
(c) The ghost of a Catholic priest
(d) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
3. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) His room.
(c) The utility room.
(d) The dustbin.
4. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
5. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
(a) A video about the evolution of man.
(b) A video about the reproduction of mammals.
(c) A video about life in the deepest parts of the ocean.
(d) A video about the life of seagulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
2. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
3. Why does the narrator say he uses prime numbers?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
5. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Christopher's dream in Chapter 229?
2. Describe The Case of the Cottingley Fairies.
3. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
4. What example does Christopher give of a mystery that is not a mystery? How is this mystery not a mystery? What technique does he use to diminish the mystery?
5. Why does Christopher say people believe in God? How does he view people that believe in God? What are Christopher's beliefs?
6. What strategy does Christopher use to cope with his new surroundings and large amounts of people at the train station?
7. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
8. What groundbreaking information does Christopher find out in the Chapter 149, and how does he learn this information?
9. How has the train ride proved to be a great growth experience for Christopher?
10. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)