|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) The narrator's school.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Father's office.
(d) The narrator's home.
2. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
(b) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
(c) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
(d) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
3. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
(a) Shoes from Han Coles.
(b) Food from Marks and Spencer's.
(c) Books from Barnes and Noble.
(d) Flowers from Spencer's.
4. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
(a) His teacher did not think he was prepared.
(b) Father did not want the narrator to take the exam.
(c) The school did not offer the test.
(d) They did not have the resources to proctor an A-level exam.
5. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
2. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
3. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
4. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
5. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mother gives Christopher more insight into her relationship with Mr. Shears. How does her relationship with Mr. Shears develop?
2. What groundbreaking information does Christopher find out in the Chapter 149, and how does he learn this information?
3. What is the point of Chapter 101?
4. Compare Christopher's behavior in the train station in Swindon to his behavior when he first goes down into the subway tunnel.
5. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
6. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
7. Describe Rhodri.
8. How did Christopher's "behavioral problems" impact the relationship between his parents?
9. What is significant about Christopher's behavior in Chapter 191?
10. Why does Christopher not believe in the supernatural? Give one example of supernatural mysteries that he does not believe in.
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)