|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 109, what does the narrator spend the afternoon doing?
(a) Detective work.
(b) Painting pictures of aliens.
(d) Reading his favorite book.
2. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
(b) In a bakery.
(c) In the sancutary of a church.
(d) In a friend's home.
3. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
(b) Because Mother got sick.
(c) Because they had a lot of arguments.
(d) Because Mother moved out.
4. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Not being with his father.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Being in unfamiliar places.
(d) Talking to strangers.
5. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 4 years ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 2 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator like the grass?
2. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
3. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
4. In Chapter 127, how does the narrator respond to his father grabbing him after Father finds what the narrator put on the kitchen table?
5. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Chapter 199?
2. Why does Father kill Wellington?
3. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
4. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
5. Does Christopher believe in heaven? Why or Why not? Whose opinion about heaven does he seek and what do they tell him?
6. How does Christopher determine where he will go live now that he has learned that father killed Wellington? Why does he make the decision to go to London?
7. What series of events causes Christopher and his mother to head back to Swindon?
8. Describe the series of events that led to Christopher's arrest.
9. How does Christopher explain Mr. and Mrs. Shears' relationship?
10. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)