|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father drives over the speed limit.
(b) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
(c) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(d) His father cheats on his taxes.
2. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
(b) The ghost of a Catholic priest
(c) The ghost of an old pirate.
(d) The ghost of a young English woman.
3. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
(a) Because when the narrator is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(b) Because when the narrator's father is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(c) Because the narrator's father stopped talking.
(d) Because the narrator does not have anything to say to his father.
4. Who tells the narrator that his mother has gone to heaven?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Shears.
(c) Mrs. Forbes.
5. In Chapter 97, where does the narrator go after he arrives home from school?
(a) To visit Mrs. Alexander.
(b) To Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) To visit Father at work.
(d) To the local store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
2. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
3. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
4. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
5. What is the narrator's full name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the series of events that led to Christopher's arrest.
2. What information does Christopher learn in the first letter from his mother that he reads?
3. Describe The Case of the Cottingley Fairies.
4. What does Mrs. Anderson reveal to Christopher about his mother in Chapter 97?
5. What are three reasons why Christopher does not like brown or yellow?
6. Describe Wellington's condition in Chapter 2.
7. Mother gives Christopher more insight into her relationship with Mr. Shears. How does her relationship with Mr. Shears develop?
8. Describe Rhodri.
9. Compare Christopher's behavior in the train station in Swindon to his behavior when he first goes down into the subway tunnel.
10. Describe the "How the Mind Works" experiment.
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)