|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
2. In Chapter 109, who tells the narrator, "...sometimes we get sad about things and we don't like to tell other people that we are sad about them."
(c) Mrs. Alexander.
3. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
4. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
(b) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
(d) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
5. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Not being with his father.
(b) Being in unfamiliar places.
(c) Talking to strangers.
(d) Being alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what group did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle join when he got old?
2. What types of books does the narrator mostly read?
3. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
4. Where does the narrator find his book?
5. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
2. How does the narrator view cardinal number and prime numbers?
3. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
4. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
5. How is Christopher supposed to refer to the students at his school, and why is Christopher not supposed to refer to the children at his school as "stupid"?
6. What is significant about Christopher's behavior in Chapter 191?
7. Why was it necessary for Siobhan to draw pictures of different emotions for the narrator to study?
8. What series of events causes Christopher and his mother to head back to Swindon?
9. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
10. Why is Chapter 173 symbolic?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)