|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
(a) A bad day.
(b) A good day.
(c) A black day.
(d) A green day.
2. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
(a) Because he thinks the police will not investigate the dog's murder.
(b) Because he does not always do what he is told.
(c) Because he thinks Mrs. Shears killed the dog.
(d) Because he thinks he'll get bored when he gets home.
3. At the end of Chapter 67, who does the narrator think killed the dog?
(a) Mrs. Shears.
(b) Mr. Shears.
(c) Mrs. Alexander.
4. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
(a) A drawing of himself.
(b) A drawing of a wooden puzzle.
(c) A drawing of neighborhood.
(d) A drawing of the dog.
5. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
(a) She said that it's tacky.
(b) She said it's just plain awful.
(c) She said that everyone has a favorite color.
(d) She said it's just being silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
2. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
3. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
4. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
5. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Christopher's early experience with the toilet at school (Chapter 157) and his experience on the toilet on the train (Chapter 197).
2. Why does Christopher go to Mrs. Alexander's house? What does he tell her? Why does Christopher leave her house in a hurry?
3. Does Christopher believe in heaven? Why or Why not? Whose opinion about heaven does he seek and what do they tell him?
4. How does Christopher illustrate that he "sees everything"?
5. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
6. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
7. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
8. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
9. How does Christopher explain the meaning of adverts, and what example of an advert does he give?
10. What is the purpose of Chapter 199?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)