|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
2. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
(a) With a mysterious character.
(b) With a picture of his main character.
(c) With a quote from a famous philosopher.
(d) With something to grab people's attention.
3. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
(a) For not taking the narrator on their outing the previous Saturday.
(b) For getting angry.
(c) For not telling the narrator about Mr. Shears.
(d) For not taking the narrator to get lunch.
4. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
(a) The school did not offer the test.
(b) Father did not want the narrator to take the exam.
(c) His teacher did not think he was prepared.
(d) They did not have the resources to proctor an A-level exam.
5. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
(a) Because the narrator's father stopped talking.
(b) Because when the narrator is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(c) Because the narrator does not have anything to say to his father.
(d) Because when the narrator's father is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
2. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
3. Why did the narrator like the grass?
4. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
5. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
2. How does Christopher explain the meaning of adverts, and what example of an advert does he give?
3. Describe Rhodri.
4. Why is Father upset with Christopher in Chapter 79?
5. What example does Christopher give of a mystery that is not a mystery? How is this mystery not a mystery? What technique does he use to diminish the mystery?
6. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
7. Why does Christopher say he would make a good astronaut?
8. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
9. How does the narrator view cardinal number and prime numbers?
10. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)