|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of cars.
(b) Pictures of shoes.
(c) Pictures of birds.
(d) Pictures of flowers.
2. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being in unfamiliar places.
(c) Talking to strangers.
(d) Not being with his father.
3. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) His A-level math test.
(b) The bruises on his face.
(c) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
(d) The narrator's book.
4. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
(b) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
(c) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(d) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
5. How does the narrator's father describe Mr. Shears?
(a) As an evil man.
(b) As a nice man.
(c) As a gentle man.
(d) As an angry man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's favorite book?
2. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
3. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
4. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
5. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy does Christopher use to cope with his new surroundings and large amounts of people at the train station?
2. How does Christopher explain the meaning of adverts, and what example of an advert does he give?
3. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
4. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
5. Why does Father kill Wellington?
6. What groundbreaking information does Christopher find out in the Chapter 149, and how does he learn this information?
7. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
8. How did Christopher's "behavioral problems" impact the relationship between his parents?
9. What happens to Christopher during the six days he waits to look at the letters?
10. How is the novel that the narrator is writing similar to that of the Sherlock Holmes novel Hounds of the Baskervilles? How is it different?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)