|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 97, where does the narrator go after he arrives home from school?
(a) To Mrs. Shears' house.
(b) To visit Father at work.
(c) To the local store.
(d) To visit Mrs. Alexander.
2. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
(a) For not taking the narrator on their outing the previous Saturday.
(b) For getting angry.
(c) For not taking the narrator to get lunch.
(d) For not telling the narrator about Mr. Shears.
3. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
(b) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
(c) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(d) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
4. The type of day the narrator has depends on the number of cars he passes on the way to school. What are the two types of days that he has?
(a) Quite good days and bad days.
(b) Good days and black days.
(c) Green days and black days.
(d) Brown days and super good days.
5. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
(a) He wants to show it to more people.
(b) He liked writing it.
(c) He wants to ask Mrs. Alexander more questions.
(d) He wants to finish it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
2. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
3. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
4. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
5. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Chapter 181? Why does the author feel the need to include Chapter 181 in the novel?
2. How is Christopher supposed to refer to the students at his school, and why is Christopher not supposed to refer to the children at his school as "stupid"?
3. Describe The Case of the Cottingley Fairies.
4. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
5. How did Christopher's "behavioral problems" impact the relationship between his parents?
6. Mother gives Christopher more insight into her relationship with Mr. Shears. How does her relationship with Mr. Shears develop?
7. Why does Christopher not believe in the supernatural? Give one example of supernatural mysteries that he does not believe in.
8. Describe Christopher's father.
9. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
10. How does Christopher respond to seeing four yellow cars on his way to school?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)