|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
2. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
(a) His novel.
(b) His A-level test.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) His homework.
3. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) His A-level math test.
(b) The bruises on his face.
(c) The narrator's book.
(d) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
4. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(b) Because he is stupid.
(c) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
(d) Because he is not stupid.
5. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dustbin.
(c) His room.
(d) The utility room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 109, what does the narrator spend the afternoon doing?
2. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
3. In Chapter 97, where does the narrator go after he arrives home from school?
4. What type of formula does the narrator write?
5. How does the narrator's father describe Mr. Shears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Anderson reveal to Christopher about his mother in Chapter 97?
2. Why does Christopher like timetables? When did he make timetables? What example of a timetable does he give the reader?
3. According to the narrator, what is a murder mystery? Why does he decide to write a murder mystery?
4. How does Christopher behave while in the subway tunnel?
5. According to the narrator, why are people different than animals? What example does Christopher give?
6. How does Christopher illustrate that he "sees everything"?
7. Describe Christopher and Father's Saturday outing in Chapter 137.
8. What is the purpose of Chapter 181? Why does the author feel the need to include Chapter 181 in the novel?
9. Why does Christopher say that it is silly to name constellations for their shapes? What are two examples he gives for his reasoning?
10. Why is Chapter 173 symbolic?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)