|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A spider monkey.
(b) An African elephant.
(c) An orangutan.
(d) A sea lion.
2. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
(b) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(c) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
(d) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
3. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) His room.
(b) The dustbin.
(c) The utility room.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Not being with his father.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Being in unfamiliar places.
(d) Talking to strangers.
5. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Loxely.
(d) Mrs. Shears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
2. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
3. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
4. What does the narrator's memory have that is similar to a soundtrack?
5. How does the narrator's father describe Mr. Shears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Christopher's early experience with the toilet at school (Chapter 157) and his experience on the toilet on the train (Chapter 197).
2. How does Christopher alert Siobhan that he knows about his Mother and Mr. Shears? And what advice does she give him about the new information that he has?
3. Why does Christopher say he would make a good astronaut?
4. Describe the series of events that led to Christopher's arrest.
5. What is the point of Chapter 101?
6. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
7. How does Christopher explain Mr. and Mrs. Shears' relationship?
8. How does Mrs. Shears behavior differ in Chapter 53 from her behavior the night that Wellington was killed (Chapter 5)?
9. Why does Christopher not believe in the supernatural? Give one example of supernatural mysteries that he does not believe in.
10. Why does Christopher like timetables? When did he make timetables? What example of a timetable does he give the reader?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)