Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
(a) The Sean Carter Problem.
(b) The Johnson Solor System Theory.
(c) The Netwon James Theory.
(d) The Monty Hall Problem.
2. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
3. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) The narrator's book.
(b) His A-level math test.
(c) The bruises on his face.
(d) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
4. Why did the narrator like the grass?
(a) Because it is dry and warm.
(b) Because it is wet and cold.
(c) Because it is dry and cold.
(d) Because it is wet and warm.
5. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
(b) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(c) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
2. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
3. Why doesn't the narrator think he could make his story into a short novel?
4. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
5. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christopher like timetables? When did he make timetables? What example of a timetable does he give the reader?
2. Describe Christopher's favorite dream.
3. Describe Christopher's adventures at the police headquarters.
4. How does Mrs. Shears behavior differ in Chapter 53 from her behavior the night that Wellington was killed (Chapter 5)?
5. How does Christopher escape the police officer in Chapter 211?
6. What does Christopher tell Mr. Jeavons about Terry? And why is it significant that he reveals his conversation with Terry?
7. Describe Christopher's feelings towards his father and how he deals with his feelings in Chapter 233?
8. How does Christopher compare his father's and mother's anger towards him?
9. How is Christopher's memory like a video player? And how is it different?
10. What happened to Toby in Chapter 227? How does the narrator save Toby?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)