|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
2. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(d) The United States.
3. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) Toby's picture.
(b) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(c) A map of Europe.
(d) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
4. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In his van.
(d) In the narrator's bedroom.
5. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
(a) If he broke into the car.
(b) If he drove off of the earth.
(c) If he stole the radio.
(d) If he bumped into things and drove to the sea.
6. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
(a) Because Orion was named by Earl Orion.
(b) Because Orion was a hunter.
(c) Because scientist thought Orion would make a nice name.
(d) Because the scientist that discovered it named it after his dog Orion.
7. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
(a) He hits the man.
(b) He runs from the man.
(c) He yells at the man.
(d) He barks at the man.
8. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
9. What does the narrator purchase from a magazine vendor in London?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A book with mathematical problems.
(c) A magazine filled with puzzles.
(d) A London Street Atlas.
10. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) The moon.
(b) The planet Venus.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A constellation.
11. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
(a) Three and a half hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two and a half hours.
(d) Three hours.
12. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
(a) A train car.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The police station.
(d) The train station.
13. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Six days.
(d) One day.
14. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
(a) As a protector and provider.
(b) As a fighter and liar.
(c) As a lover and murder.
(d) As a liar and murder.
15. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
2. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
3. How does the narrator feel when the dream in Chapter 229 is over?
4. When did the narrator make timetables?
5. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)