|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
(a) Time changes a person's outlook on life.
(b) Time does not standstill for any man.
(c) Time can be summarized in a timetable.
(d) Time is a mystery and not a thing.
2. Why does Mother lose her job?
(a) Her job found out about her son.
(b) She quit.
(c) She was not completing her assignments on time.
(d) She is taking too much time off of work.
3. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
(d) Mr. Loxely.
4. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Six days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten days.
5. Which one of the following is not one of the three conditions the narrator names as to why life on earth occurred as the result of an accident?
6. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Play video games for a whole week.
(b) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(c) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(d) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
7. How does the narrator say people should think?
8. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
(a) He watches one of his videos.
(b) He goes over to Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) He get his book and continues to write in it.
(d) He gets the letters from his father's room.
9. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
(a) Visual Illuminations.
(b) Visual Saccades.
(c) Visual Escapes.
(d) Visual Memorization.
10. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
11. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Pound of Fish.
(b) The Bunch of Grapes.
(c) The Bicycle.
12. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
13. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
(a) By cab.
(b) By foot.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
14. How many illustrations are in Chapter 173?
15. What are adverts?
(a) Mathematical equations.
(b) A poem that has a serious message.
(c) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
(d) Animals that live in Malaysia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
2. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
3. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
4. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
5. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)