|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(b) Play video games for a whole week.
(c) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(d) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
2. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Six days.
3. How does the narrator feel when the dream in Chapter 229 is over?
4. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
(c) Mrs. Shears.
5. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(b) The Bunch of Grapes.
(c) The Bicycle.
(d) The Pound of Fish.
6. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) Because the stars move around.
(b) Because Lepus, Taurus and Gemini have not been discovered by scientists.
(c) Because there are not any lines in space.
(d) Because Orion is right next to Lepus, Taurus, and Gemini.
7. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
(a) A train car.
(b) The police station.
(c) The train station.
(d) His mother's house.
8. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two and a half hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three and a half hours.
9. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Root canal.
(b) Foot operation.
(c) Mouth wired shut.
(d) Teeth pulled.
10. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) Reads more letters from his mother.
(b) Goes to Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) Sneaks out the house.
(d) Watches one of his videos.
11. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
12. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
(a) If he broke into the car.
(b) If he drove off of the earth.
(c) If he bumped into things and drove to the sea.
(d) If he stole the radio.
13. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
14. What does the narrator eat for breakfast at his Mother's house?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Toast and sausage.
(c) Tomatoes and green beans.
(d) Fish and grits.
15. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A picture of orangutans.
(b) A drawing of three blind mice.
(c) A sample advert.
(d) A picture of a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
2. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
3. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
4. Why does the narrator like timetables?
5. What is in the Smarties box?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)