|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In the narrator's bedroom.
(b) In his van.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
2. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
(a) He get his book and continues to write in it.
(b) He goes over to Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) He watches one of his videos.
(d) He gets the letters from his father's room.
3. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To learn about new types of animals.
(b) To see new things and relax.
(c) To visit friends and family.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
4. What is in the Smarties box?
(a) A marker.
(c) A pencil.
5. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One day.
6. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
(a) The lady at an information booth.
(b) A train conductor.
(c) A stranger heading towards the subway tunnel.
(d) A police officer.
7. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) His bag.
(b) His new friend.
(c) His money.
(d) The feces in the bathroom.
8. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
9. Which one of the following is not one of the three conditions the narrator names as to why life on earth occurred as the result of an accident?
10. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
(a) This book not being a funny book.
(b) Not being able to tell jokes.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) Not telling lies.
11. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
(a) There were lots of people.
(b) The station was too big.
(c) He had an empty stomach.
(d) He smelled the bathrooms.
12. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(a) Mrs. Shears.
(c) Mrs. Alexander.
13. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
14. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Mouth wired shut.
(b) Root canal.
(c) Foot operation.
(d) Teeth pulled.
15. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
(a) His dream was depicted in a movie.
(b) He has the same dream every night.
(c) He has different versions of the dream.
(d) His dream is the same as a scientist at NASA.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many illustrations are in Chapter 181?
2. What were the two orangutans doing in the photograph in Chapter 223?
3. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
4. How many illustrations are in Chapter 173?
5. Where does the narrator's mother live?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)