|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
(a) He gets the letters from his father's room.
(b) He goes over to Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) He get his book and continues to write in it.
(d) He watches one of his videos.
2. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
(a) There is no answer.
(b) Mrs. Shears answer the door crying.
(c) Father and Mrs. Shears are arguing.
(d) Mrs. Shears yells at the narrator for knocking on her door.
3. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 3 hours.
4. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
5. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
(b) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
(c) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
(d) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
6. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
(a) A golden retriever puppy.
(b) A video about mammals in the wild.
(c) A Sherlock Holmes novel.
(d) A book with math puzzles.
7. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
(a) Buy a train ticket.
(b) Buy food for the train ride.
(c) Withdraw money.
(d) Call his mother.
8. How does the narrator feel when the dream in Chapter 229 is over?
9. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Pound of Fish.
(b) The Bicycle.
(d) The Bunch of Grapes.
10. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
11. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
12. What are adverts?
(a) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
(b) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(c) A poem that has a serious message.
(d) Mathematical equations.
13. Why does the narrator like timetables?
(a) Because he likes to use them for his mathematical equations.
(b) Because he likes to know when everything is going to happen.
(c) Because he likes numbers.
(d) Because timetables remind him of his mother.
14. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
(a) Time does not standstill for any man.
(b) Time is a mystery and not a thing.
(c) Time changes a person's outlook on life.
(d) Time can be summarized in a timetable.
15. Where does the narrator's mother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
2. What does the narrator do when his father tries to make up with him in Chapter 167?
3. When did the narrator make timetables?
4. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)