|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In another train car.
(c) In a suitcase.
(d) Behind a row of luggage.
2. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
(a) Because he did not want to take his pants down.
(b) Because he did not want to use the same toilet as all the other students.
(c) Because his classmate went to the bathroom all over the floor.
(d) Because he thought the bathroom smelled bad.
3. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) People are taken captive by animals.
(b) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
(c) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
(d) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
4. What is in the Smarties box?
(b) A pencil.
(c) A marker.
5. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) A constellation.
(b) The moon.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) The planet Venus.
6. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 40 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
7. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) Because Orion is right next to Lepus, Taurus, and Gemini.
(b) Because Lepus, Taurus and Gemini have not been discovered by scientists.
(c) Because there are not any lines in space.
(d) Because the stars move around.
8. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 7:50 AM.
(b) 6:50 AM.
(c) 6:30 AM.
(d) 7:20 AM.
9. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) Watches one of his videos.
(b) Reads more letters from his mother.
(c) Sneaks out the house.
(d) Goes to Mrs. Shears' house.
10. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
11. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(b) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(c) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(d) He falls asleep.
12. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
(a) Visual Illuminations.
(b) Visual Memorization.
(c) Visual Saccades.
(d) Visual Escapes.
13. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
(a) As a lover and murder.
(b) As a liar and murder.
(c) As a fighter and liar.
(d) As a protector and provider.
14. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
15. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
(a) A book with math puzzles.
(b) A Sherlock Holmes novel.
(c) A video about mammals in the wild.
(d) A golden retriever puppy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
2. Why does the narrator like timetables?
3. Why did Father kill the dog?
4. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
5. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)