|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) The moon.
(b) The planet Venus.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A shooting star.
2. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
3. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(b) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
(c) A map of Europe.
(d) Toby's picture.
4. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
(a) Withdraw money.
(b) Buy food for the train ride.
(c) Buy a train ticket.
(d) Call his mother.
5. What is the gift that Father gives to the narrator at the end of the book?
(a) A book with math puzzles.
(b) A video about mammals in the wild.
(c) A golden retriever puppy.
(d) A Sherlock Holmes novel.
6. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
(d) Mr. Loxely.
7. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
8. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) The feces in the bathroom.
(b) His money.
(c) His new friend.
(d) His bag.
9. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Mouth wired shut.
(b) Foot operation.
(c) Root canal.
(d) Teeth pulled.
10. What does the narrator purchase from a magazine vendor in London?
(a) A book with mathematical problems.
(b) A magazine filled with puzzles.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) A London Street Atlas.
11. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Six days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
12. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(d) Mrs. Alexander.
13. Why does the narrator say that half an eye is very useful?
(a) It means that an animal will always be able to see its prey.
(b) It means that an animal can't see at all.
(c) It means that an animal can only see half of an animal it wants to eat.
(d) It means that an animal will not live very long.
14. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 3 hours.
15. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
(a) A phone booth.
(b) A photo booth.
(c) A corner.
(d) A subway tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the narrator make timetables?
2. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
3. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
4. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
5. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)