|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
(a) Her absense.
(b) The mystery of ghosts.
(c) Her behavior towards Father.
(d) Her illness.
2. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
(a) Because she will tell Father that he is living with her.
(b) Because she would get in trouble with the school.
(c) Because she is not an actually friend.
(d) Because she lives to close to Father.
3. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(d) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
4. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
5. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) Because the stars move around.
(b) Because Lepus, Taurus and Gemini have not been discovered by scientists.
(c) Because Orion is right next to Lepus, Taurus, and Gemini.
(d) Because there are not any lines in space.
6. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
7. Which one of the following is not one of the three conditions the narrator names as to why life on earth occurred as the result of an accident?
8. What does the narrator eat for breakfast at his Mother's house?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Tomatoes and green beans.
(c) Fish and grits.
(d) Toast and sausage.
9. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) People are taken captive by animals.
(b) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
(c) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
(d) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
10. What are adverts?
(a) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(b) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) A poem that has a serious message.
11. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 5 hours.
12. How many months did it take the narrator's hair to grow back after he fell out of the car?
(a) Five months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
13. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
14. What were the two orangutans doing in the photograph in Chapter 223?
(a) Swinging on branches.
(b) Drinking milk.
(c) Playing on a mountain.
(d) Grooming each other.
15. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 7:50 AM.
(b) 6:50 AM.
(c) 7:20 AM.
(d) 6:30 AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
2. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
3. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
4. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
5. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)