|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
(a) The station was too big.
(b) He smelled the bathrooms.
(c) There were lots of people.
(d) He had an empty stomach.
2. How many months did it take the narrator's hair to grow back after he fell out of the car?
(a) Six months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four months.
3. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
4. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(b) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
(c) Play video games for a whole week.
(d) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
5. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(d) The United States.
6. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
(a) By train.
(b) By cab.
(c) By bus.
(d) By foot.
7. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) People are taken captive by animals.
(b) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
(c) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
(d) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
8. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 7:50 AM.
(b) 6:30 AM.
(c) 6:50 AM.
(d) 7:20 AM.
9. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A train conductor.
(c) A stranger heading towards the subway tunnel.
(d) The lady at an information booth.
10. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In the narrator's bedroom.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his van.
11. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Six days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
12. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
13. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 40 pounds.
(c) 30 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
14. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
(a) He watches one of his videos.
(b) He gets the letters from his father's room.
(c) He goes over to Mrs. Shears' house.
(d) He get his book and continues to write in it.
15. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(b) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He wonders what he is going to do next.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
2. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
3. What nickname do the three young men on the train give to the narrator?
4. Why does the narrator like timetables?
5. Why does the narrator say that half an eye is very useful?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)