|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
(a) Because he thought the bathroom smelled bad.
(b) Because he did not want to take his pants down.
(c) Because his classmate went to the bathroom all over the floor.
(d) Because he did not want to use the same toilet as all the other students.
2. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
3. In Chapter 227, what is Mother doing when she arrives to her home and Christopher is awaiting her arrival?
(a) Running in the rain.
(b) Getting out of a cab.
(c) Arguing with Mr. Shears.
(d) Talking to one of her neighbors.
4. Why does the narrator say that half an eye is very useful?
(a) It means that an animal will not live very long.
(b) It means that an animal can only see half of an animal it wants to eat.
(c) It means that an animal will always be able to see its prey.
(d) It means that an animal can't see at all.
5. How many illustrations are in Chapter 173?
6. Why does the narrator like timetables?
(a) Because timetables remind him of his mother.
(b) Because he likes to know when everything is going to happen.
(c) Because he likes to use them for his mathematical equations.
(d) Because he likes numbers.
7. Who calls the narrator's name at the start of Chapter 197?
(a) The policeman.
8. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
9. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
10. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
(a) By foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By cab.
11. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
(a) Not telling lies.
(b) This book not being a funny book.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) Not being able to tell jokes.
12. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(b) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(c) Play video games for a whole week.
(d) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
13. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Mouth wired shut.
(b) Foot operation.
(c) Root canal.
(d) Teeth pulled.
14. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
(a) There is no answer.
(b) Mrs. Shears yells at the narrator for knocking on her door.
(c) Mrs. Shears answer the door crying.
(d) Father and Mrs. Shears are arguing.
15. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) The planet Venus.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) The moon.
(d) A constellation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
2. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
3. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
4. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
5. What does the narrator eat for breakfast at his Mother's house?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)