|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To learn about new types of animals.
(b) To visit friends and family.
(c) To see new things and relax.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
2. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Two and a half hours.
(d) Three hours.
3. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) People are taken captive by animals.
(b) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
(c) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
(d) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
4. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
(a) A train car.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The police station.
(d) The train station.
5. What does the narrator eat for breakfast at his Mother's house?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Fish and grits.
(c) Tomatoes and green beans.
(d) Toast and sausage.
6. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In his van.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the narrator's bedroom.
(d) In the living room.
7. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
(b) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
(c) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
(d) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
8. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) Goes to Mrs. Shears' house.
(b) Sneaks out the house.
(c) Reads more letters from his mother.
(d) Watches one of his videos.
9. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
(b) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
(c) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
(d) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
10. Who calls the narrator's name at the start of Chapter 197?
(d) The policeman.
11. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(b) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
(c) When he played with his trains.
(d) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
12. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
13. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
(a) He has different versions of the dream.
(b) His dream is the same as a scientist at NASA.
(c) His dream was depicted in a movie.
(d) He has the same dream every night.
14. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
(a) The mystery of ghosts.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her absense.
(d) Her behavior towards Father.
15. Why does Mother lose her job?
(a) Her job found out about her son.
(b) She was not completing her assignments on time.
(c) She quit.
(d) She is taking too much time off of work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
2. Who supervises the narrator while he takes his A-level exams?
3. What does the word orangutan mean?
4. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
5. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)