|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(d) Mrs. Alexander.
2. In Chapter 227, what is Mother doing when she arrives to her home and Christopher is awaiting her arrival?
(a) Talking to one of her neighbors.
(b) Getting out of a cab.
(c) Arguing with Mr. Shears.
(d) Running in the rain.
3. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Pound of Fish.
(b) The Bunch of Grapes.
(c) The Bicycle.
4. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) The moon.
(c) The planet Venus.
(d) A constellation.
5. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
6. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
(a) Eats a lot of food.
(b) Occupies himself with mathematical equations, puzzles, or games.
(c) Closes his eyes and meditates.
(d) Sleeps for long periods.
7. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
(a) Buy a train ticket.
(b) Call his mother.
(c) Buy food for the train ride.
(d) Withdraw money.
8. Why does the narrator like timetables?
(a) Because he likes numbers.
(b) Because he likes to know when everything is going to happen.
(c) Because timetables remind him of his mother.
(d) Because he likes to use them for his mathematical equations.
9. Approximately, how long does the narrator spend on the bench at the subway station in Chapter 227?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
10. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) Goes to Mrs. Shears' house.
(b) Watches one of his videos.
(c) Sneaks out the house.
(d) Reads more letters from his mother.
11. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(b) When he played with his trains.
(c) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(d) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
12. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
(b) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(c) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(d) He falls asleep.
13. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A drawing of three blind mice.
(b) A picture of orangutans.
(c) A sample advert.
(d) A picture of a holiday.
14. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) His money.
(b) His bag.
(c) His new friend.
(d) The feces in the bathroom.
15. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
(a) He is left to live in the subway.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
2. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
3. What does the narrator compare peoples' brains to?
4. What does the narrator do when his father tries to make up with him in Chapter 167?
5. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)