|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
(b) Toby's picture.
(c) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(d) A map of Europe.
2. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
(b) People are taken captive by animals.
(c) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
(d) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
3. Why does the narrator like timetables?
(a) Because he likes to use them for his mathematical equations.
(b) Because he likes to know when everything is going to happen.
(c) Because timetables remind him of his mother.
(d) Because he likes numbers.
4. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
(b) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
(c) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
(d) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
5. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
(a) The new animal will kill human beings.
(b) The new animal will be dumber than human beings.
(c) The new animal will free the captured animals.
(d) The new animal will put humans being into a zoo.
6. What does the narrator hear shortly after he wakes up in Chapter 179?
(a) Mrs. Alexander singing loudly.
(b) Father calling his name and searching for him.
(c) Father's van starting up and leaving the house.
(d) Mrs. Shears yelling at Father.
7. What are adverts?
(a) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
(b) A poem that has a serious message.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) Animals that live in Malaysia.
8. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(b) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(c) When he played with his trains.
(d) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
9. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
(a) He dies.
(b) He escapes.
(d) He is left to live in the subway.
10. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
11. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
(a) He barks at the man.
(b) He yells at the man.
(c) He runs from the man.
(d) He hits the man.
12. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(d) The United States.
13. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
(a) A picture depicting his dream.
(b) A picture of the people he sees on the train.
(c) A picture of different facial expressions.
(d) A picture of his father.
14. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) His money.
(b) His bag.
(c) The feces in the bathroom.
(d) His new friend.
15. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(b) Mrs. Shears.
(c) Mrs. Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
2. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
3. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
4. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
5. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)