|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
(a) Visual Memorization.
(b) Visual Saccades.
(c) Visual Illuminations.
(d) Visual Escapes.
2. What is in the Smarties box?
(a) A marker.
(b) A pencil.
3. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
(a) The new animal will kill human beings.
(b) The new animal will put humans being into a zoo.
(c) The new animal will be dumber than human beings.
(d) The new animal will free the captured animals.
4. Why did Father kill the dog?
(a) He was distraught by his relationship with Mrs. Shears.
(b) He did not like dogs.
(c) He thought that the dog was a nuisance.
(d) He caught the dog using the bathroom on his lawn.
5. In retrospect, what does the narrator say he lied about in Chapter 13?
(a) Not being able to tell jokes.
(b) This book not being a funny book.
(c) Not telling lies.
(d) His mother's death.
6. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) The moon.
(c) The planet Venus.
(d) A constellation.
7. Why does the narrator say he does not like new places?
(a) Because they smell funny.
(b) Because he sees everything.
(c) Because they are filled with new people.
(d) Because they are different than the places he is already used to.
8. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Teeth pulled.
(b) Root canal.
(c) Mouth wired shut.
(d) Foot operation.
9. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A picture of orangutans.
(b) A sample advert.
(c) A drawing of three blind mice.
(d) A picture of a holiday.
10. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
11. What are adverts?
(a) Mathematical equations.
(b) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
(c) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(d) A poem that has a serious message.
12. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
13. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To see new things and relax.
(b) To learn about new types of animals.
(c) To visit friends and family.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
14. What sound does the narrator compare the train's arrival in Chapter 227 to?
(a) A screaming tea kettle.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A sword fight.
(d) A bird chirping loudly.
15. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supervises the narrator while he takes his A-level exams?
2. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
3. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
4. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
5. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)