|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By cab.
(d) By foot.
2. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) People are taken captive by animals.
(b) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
(c) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
(d) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
3. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To see new things and relax.
(b) To learn about new types of animals.
(c) To visit friends and family.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
4. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he played with his trains.
(b) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(c) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(d) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
5. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Six days.
(d) One day.
6. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
7. How does the narrator say people should think?
8. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) His bag.
(b) His new friend.
(c) The feces in the bathroom.
(d) His money.
9. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(b) Mrs. Shears.
(d) Mrs. Alexander.
10. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
(a) The new animal will kill human beings.
(b) The new animal will free the captured animals.
(c) The new animal will be dumber than human beings.
(d) The new animal will put humans being into a zoo.
11. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
(a) Two and a half hours.
(b) Three and a half hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
12. What nickname do the three young men on the train give to the narrator?
(a) Train rider boy.
(b) Young elf.
(c) Train elf.
(d) Silly boy.
13. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
(b) He dies.
(c) He is left to live in the subway.
(d) He escapes.
14. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
(b) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
(c) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
(d) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
15. What does the narrator compare peoples' brains to?
(c) Lawn Mowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound does the narrator compare the train's arrival in Chapter 227 to?
2. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
3. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
4. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
5. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)