|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say people should think?
2. Who supervises the narrator while he takes his A-level exams?
(a) Reverend Peters.
(c) Mr. Loxely.
(d) Mrs. Gascoyne.
3. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
(b) Mr. Loxely.
4. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
(b) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
(c) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
(d) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
5. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 7:20 AM.
(b) 6:30 AM.
(c) 6:50 AM.
(d) 7:50 AM.
6. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
(a) Behind a row of luggage.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In a suitcase.
(d) In another train car.
7. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
(a) He is left to live in the subway.
(c) He dies.
(d) He escapes.
8. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Teeth pulled.
(b) Root canal.
(c) Foot operation.
(d) Mouth wired shut.
9. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
(a) Time does not standstill for any man.
(b) Time changes a person's outlook on life.
(c) Time is a mystery and not a thing.
(d) Time can be summarized in a timetable.
10. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In his van.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the narrator's bedroom.
11. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
12. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
(b) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
(c) Because there was urine on the floor.
(d) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
13. What are adverts?
(a) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(b) Mathematical equations.
(c) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
(d) A poem that has a serious message.
14. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
(a) He gets the letters from his father's room.
(b) He goes over to Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) He get his book and continues to write in it.
(d) He watches one of his videos.
15. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator purchase from a magazine vendor in London?
2. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
3. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
4. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
5. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)