|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To learn about new types of animals.
(b) To visit friends and family.
(c) To see new things and relax.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
2. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
(b) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
(c) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
(d) Because there was urine on the floor.
3. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
(a) As a protector and provider.
(b) As a liar and murder.
(c) As a fighter and liar.
(d) As a lover and murder.
4. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
(a) The new animal will free the captured animals.
(b) The new animal will kill human beings.
(c) The new animal will put humans being into a zoo.
(d) The new animal will be dumber than human beings.
5. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
(a) Visual Illuminations.
(b) Visual Escapes.
(c) Visual Saccades.
(d) Visual Memorization.
6. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(c) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(d) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
7. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 7:20 AM.
(b) 7:50 AM.
(c) 6:30 AM.
(d) 6:50 AM.
8. Who calls the narrator's name at the start of Chapter 197?
(b) The policeman.
9. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
(a) Because his classmate went to the bathroom all over the floor.
(b) Because he thought the bathroom smelled bad.
(c) Because he did not want to take his pants down.
(d) Because he did not want to use the same toilet as all the other students.
10. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A picture of orangutans.
(b) A sample advert.
(c) A drawing of three blind mice.
(d) A picture of a holiday.
11. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
(a) Sleeps for long periods.
(b) Occupies himself with mathematical equations, puzzles, or games.
(c) Closes his eyes and meditates.
(d) Eats a lot of food.
12. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
(b) Mr. Loxely.
13. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(b) Mrs. Shears.
(c) Mrs. Alexander.
14. In the narrator's dream in Chapter 229, what would not matter if he took someone's car and drove away?
(a) If he stole the radio.
(b) If he bumped into things and drove to the sea.
(c) If he broke into the car.
(d) If he drove off of the earth.
15. What does the narrator say he can see between the roof of the shed and the big plant that hangs over the fence from the house next door?
(a) The moon.
(b) The planet Venus.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A constellation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
2. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
3. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
4. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
5. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)