|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
(a) As a protector and provider.
(b) As a lover and murder.
(c) As a liar and murder.
(d) As a fighter and liar.
2. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
(a) The lady at an information booth.
(b) A train conductor.
(c) A stranger heading towards the subway tunnel.
(d) A police officer.
3. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Bunch of Grapes.
(c) The Bicycle.
(d) The Pound of Fish.
4. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To see new things and relax.
(b) To learn about new types of animals.
(c) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
(d) To visit friends and family.
5. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
(b) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
(c) Because there was urine on the floor.
(d) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
6. What does the word orangutan mean?
(a) Man of the forest.
(b) Man of the woods.
(c) Man at work.
(d) Swinging man.
7. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
8. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
(a) Sleeps for long periods.
(b) Eats a lot of food.
(c) Closes his eyes and meditates.
(d) Occupies himself with mathematical equations, puzzles, or games.
9. Why does Mother lose her job?
(a) She was not completing her assignments on time.
(b) Her job found out about her son.
(c) She is taking too much time off of work.
(d) She quit.
10. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(b) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(c) Play video games for a whole week.
(d) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
11. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(b) A map of Europe.
(c) Toby's picture.
(d) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
12. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A picture of orangutans.
(b) A drawing of three blind mice.
(c) A picture of a holiday.
(d) A sample advert.
13. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A train conductor.
(c) A woman dressed in mink.
(d) A shop owner.
14. What term does the narrator define as "the same word for bumping off something and carrying on in almost the same direction"?
15. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
(a) A subway tunnel.
(b) A corner.
(c) A photo booth.
(d) A phone booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's mother live?
2. What happens to Toby while Christopher and Toby are in the train station?
3. What does the narrator purchase from a magazine vendor in London?
4. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
5. Why does the narrator like timetables?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)