|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
(a) Explain why Mother thinks like she does.
(b) Explain how he learned that other people had minds.
(c) Explain how one of his classmates thinks.
(d) Explain a new theory of how people think.
2. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
(a) Sleeps for long periods.
(b) Occupies himself with mathematical equations, puzzles, or games.
(c) Closes his eyes and meditates.
(d) Eats a lot of food.
3. What does the word orangutan mean?
(a) Man of the woods.
(b) Man at work.
(c) Man of the forest.
(d) Swinging man.
4. Which one of the following is not one of the three conditions the narrator names as to why life on earth occurred as the result of an accident?
5. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he played with his trains.
(b) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
(c) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(d) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
6. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
(b) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
(c) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
(d) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
7. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
(a) Her behavior towards Father.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her absense.
(d) The mystery of ghosts.
8. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To visit friends and family.
(b) To learn about new types of animals.
(c) To see new things and relax.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
9. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Bicycle.
(b) The Bunch of Grapes.
(c) The Pound of Fish.
10. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
11. What nickname do the three young men on the train give to the narrator?
(a) Young elf.
(b) Train elf.
(c) Silly boy.
(d) Train rider boy.
12. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) His money.
(b) His bag.
(c) His new friend.
(d) The feces in the bathroom.
13. What does the narrator sketch while on the train?
(a) A picture of his mother and father when they were married.
(b) The patterns of the upholstry and buckheads of the train.
(c) Toby's picture.
(d) A map of Europe.
14. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
(a) The new animal will be dumber than human beings.
(b) The new animal will kill human beings.
(c) The new animal will free the captured animals.
(d) The new animal will put humans being into a zoo.
15. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
2. What were the two orangutans doing in the photograph in Chapter 223?
3. What does the narrator eat for breakfast at his Mother's house?
4. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
5. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)