|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
(a) In a suitcase.
(b) Behind a row of luggage.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In another train car.
2. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
3. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
(b) Mr. Loxely.
4. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A sample advert.
(b) A picture of orangutans.
(c) A drawing of three blind mice.
(d) A picture of a holiday.
5. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
(b) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
(c) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
(d) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
6. What does the narrator compare peoples' brains to?
(b) Lawn Mowers.
7. Why does the narrator like timetables?
(a) Because he likes numbers.
(b) Because he likes to know when everything is going to happen.
(c) Because he likes to use them for his mathematical equations.
(d) Because timetables remind him of his mother.
8. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
(a) Father and Mrs. Shears are arguing.
(b) There is no answer.
(c) Mrs. Shears answer the door crying.
(d) Mrs. Shears yells at the narrator for knocking on her door.
9. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
10. How old was the narrator when Siobhan started working at the school?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
11. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
12. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
(a) Occupies himself with mathematical equations, puzzles, or games.
(b) Eats a lot of food.
(c) Sleeps for long periods.
(d) Closes his eyes and meditates.
13. Why does the narrator say you can join Orion to bits of Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) Because Orion is right next to Lepus, Taurus, and Gemini.
(b) Because the stars move around.
(c) Because Lepus, Taurus and Gemini have not been discovered by scientists.
(d) Because there are not any lines in space.
14. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
(a) He runs from the man.
(b) He barks at the man.
(c) He hits the man.
(d) He yells at the man.
15. Why does Mother lose her job?
(a) She quit.
(b) Her job found out about her son.
(c) She was not completing her assignments on time.
(d) She is taking too much time off of work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
2. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
3. What does the narrator purchase from a magazine vendor in London?
4. What sound does the narrator compare the train's arrival in Chapter 227 to?
5. Why did Father kill the dog?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)