|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
(b) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
(c) People are taken captive by animals.
(d) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
2. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) His money.
(b) His new friend.
(c) The feces in the bathroom.
(d) His bag.
3. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In his van.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the narrator's bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
(a) He runs from the man.
(b) He hits the man.
(c) He yells at the man.
(d) He barks at the man.
5. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
(a) The police station.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) A train car.
(d) The train station.
6. Who supervises the narrator while he takes his A-level exams?
(a) Mrs. Gascoyne.
(c) Mr. Loxely.
(d) Reverend Peters.
7. How many illustrations are in Chapter 181?
8. What nickname do the three young men on the train give to the narrator?
(a) Silly boy.
(b) Train rider boy.
(c) Young elf.
(d) Train elf.
9. Who approaches the narrator at the train station and asks his name and address?
(a) A woman dressed in mink.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A train conductor.
(d) A policeman.
10. Which one of the following is not one of the names the narrator gave to the entity that would form if you joined Orion, Lepus, Taurus, or Gemini?
(a) The Bunch of Grapes.
(b) The Bicycle.
(c) The Pound of Fish.
11. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Play video games for a whole week.
(b) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(c) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(d) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
12. What illustration does the narrator include at the end of Chapter 223?
(a) A sample advert.
(b) A picture of a holiday.
(c) A picture of orangutans.
(d) A drawing of three blind mice.
13. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
(a) He wonders what he is going to do next.
(b) He wakes his father up to talk about the dog's death.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He tells Mrs. Shears about the dog's death.
14. How much money did the narrator take out of the bank machine at the train station?
(a) 40 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 30 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
15. How long did the lady in the cafe say the narrator had been in the train station?
(a) Two and a half hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Three and a half hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
2. What happens when the narrator goes to Mrs. Shears' house?
3. Why does the narrator say that half an eye is very useful?
4. Why does the narrator like timetables?
5. Who was the narrator's first main teacher at school?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)