|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator returns to his original seat on the train, what does he find is missing?
(a) The feces in the bathroom.
(b) His bag.
(c) His new friend.
(d) His money.
2. What does the word orangutan mean?
(a) Swinging man.
(b) Man of the woods.
(c) Man of the forest.
(d) Man at work.
3. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
(b) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
(c) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
(d) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
4. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
(b) Because there was urine on the floor.
(c) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
(d) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
5. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
(d) Mrs. Shears.
6. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
7. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
(a) A subway tunnel.
(b) A phone booth.
(c) A photo booth.
(d) A corner.
8. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
(a) He runs from the man.
(b) He barks at the man.
(c) He yells at the man.
(d) He hits the man.
9. What are adverts?
(a) A poem that has a serious message.
(b) Mathematical equations.
(c) Animals that live in Malaysia.
(d) Pictures or television programs to make you buy things.
10. What is in the Smarties box?
(b) A pencil.
(c) A marker.
11. In the fourth letter, what medical procedure does mother say she had done?
(a) Root canal.
(b) Teeth pulled.
(c) Mouth wired shut.
(d) Foot operation.
12. Why did Father kill the dog?
(a) He was distraught by his relationship with Mrs. Shears.
(b) He caught the dog using the bathroom on his lawn.
(c) He did not like dogs.
(d) He thought that the dog was a nuisance.
13. Why does the narrator like timetables?
(a) Because timetables remind him of his mother.
(b) Because he likes numbers.
(c) Because he likes to know when everything is going to happen.
(d) Because he likes to use them for his mathematical equations.
14. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Six days.
15. Where does the narrator's mother live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
2. Why does Mother lose her job?
3. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
4. How does the narrator close out Chapter 167?
5. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)