|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator figure out that he is in London?
(a) He asks the train conductor before exiting the train.
(b) He asks a man walking by him in the main terminal.
(c) He looks at the signs in the main terminal.
(d) He asks a police officer standing on the train platform.
2. Why did Father kill the dog?
(a) He thought that the dog was a nuisance.
(b) He was distraught by his relationship with Mrs. Shears.
(c) He caught the dog using the bathroom on his lawn.
(d) He did not like dogs.
3. Why does the narrator say people believe in God?
(a) Because they have nothing else to do.
(b) Because they do not have anything else to believe in.
(c) Because they are trained to believe in God.
(d) Because the world is very complicated.
4. What grade does the narrator get on each section of his A-level exams?
5. What does the narrator do when a man urges him to hurry up in the train station?
(a) He barks at the man.
(b) He hits the man.
(c) He runs from the man.
(d) He yells at the man.
6. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 6:50 AM.
(b) 6:30 AM.
(c) 7:20 AM.
(d) 7:50 AM.
7. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To learn about new types of animals.
(b) To see new things and relax.
(c) To visit friends and family.
(d) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
8. Who supervises the narrator while he takes his A-level exams?
(a) Mrs. Gascoyne.
(b) Reverend Peters.
(d) Mr. Loxely.
9. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
(a) A stranger heading towards the subway tunnel.
(b) The lady at an information booth.
(c) A train conductor.
(d) A police officer.
10. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
(b) Mrs. Shears.
11. What does the word orangutan mean?
(a) Man of the forest.
(b) Man at work.
(c) Man of the woods.
(d) Swinging man.
12. How many sections does the A-level exams have?
13. In Chapter 229, what happens in the narrator's dream?
(a) Almost everyone on earth dies from a virus.
(b) Everyone dies from a meterorite.
(c) People leave earth to live on a newly discovered planet.
(d) People are taken captive by animals.
14. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
(a) The station was too big.
(b) He had an empty stomach.
(c) He smelled the bathrooms.
(d) There were lots of people.
15. When did the narrator make timetables?
(a) When he studied for his A-level math exam.
(b) When he played with his trains.
(c) When he was charting the number of red cars he saw on his way to school.
(d) When he was looking for the dog's killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
2. How does the narrator view his father after he reveals that he killed the dog?
3. How does the narrator say people should think?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
5. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)