|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why does Siobhan say people go on holidays?
(a) To visit friends and family.
(b) To learn about new types of animals.
(c) To celebrate the lives of famous people.
(d) To see new things and relax.
2. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
(a) Buy a train ticket.
(b) Withdraw money.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Buy food for the train ride.
3. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
(a) His dream was depicted in a movie.
(b) He has the same dream every night.
(c) His dream is the same as a scientist at NASA.
(d) He has different versions of the dream.
4. How many cows were in the field when the narrator drove through the countryside with Mother and Father?
5. How many other things did the narrator not write down about his trip to the countryside with Mother and Father?
6. Who supervises the narrator while he takes his A-level exams?
(a) Mrs. Gascoyne.
(c) Reverend Peters.
(d) Mr. Loxely.
7. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) In his van.
(b) In the narrator's bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
8. After the six days, what does the narrator do when he returns home from school in Chapter 157?
(a) He get his book and continues to write in it.
(b) He gets the letters from his father's room.
(c) He watches one of his videos.
(d) He goes over to Mrs. Shears' house.
9. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
(a) Because Orion was named by Earl Orion.
(b) Because the scientist that discovered it named it after his dog Orion.
(c) Because scientist thought Orion would make a nice name.
(d) Because Orion was a hunter.
10. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
(a) The lady at an information booth.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A stranger heading towards the subway tunnel.
(d) A train conductor.
11. What does the narrator do when his father tries to make up with him in Chapter 167?
(a) Cries and covers his head with a pillow.
(b) Hits his father.
(c) Screams and pushes his father off the bed.
(d) Runs out of the room.
12. How does the narrator feel when the dream in Chapter 229 is over?
13. Who does the narrator ask to watch Toby while he goes to visit his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
(c) Mrs. Shears.
14. Who told the narrator to write descriptions?
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
15. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
(a) 9:00 PM.
(b) 8:30 PM.
(c) 9:30 PM.
(d) 10:00 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when he shuts his mind down?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
3. What term does the narrator give to the phenomenon in which eyes move from point to point without really seeing what is in between the two points?
4. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
5. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)