|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
(a) He is wearing jeans, rather than slacks.
(b) He is not wearing a tie.
(c) He is wearing a uniform, rather than a suit.
(d) He is wearing a suit, rather than a uniform.
2. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(b) For assulting a police officer.
(c) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(d) For killing the dog.
3. Where does the narrator find his book?
(a) The dining room.
(b) His father's room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bathroom.
4. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
(a) A drawing of the dog.
(b) A drawing of himself.
(c) A drawing of neighborhood.
(d) A drawing of a wooden puzzle.
5. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
(a) She said it's just being silly.
(b) She said that it's tacky.
(c) She said it's just plain awful.
(d) She said that everyone has a favorite color.
6. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
7. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(b) Pictures of shoes.
(c) Pictures of flowers.
(d) Pictures of cars.
8. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
(a) His silly detective game.
(b) Not talking about Mr. Shears.
(c) Not talking about his mother.
(d) Talking to Mrs. Shears.
9. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
10. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
11. In Chapter 109, what does the narrator spend the afternoon doing?
(a) Detective work.
(b) Painting pictures of aliens.
(d) Reading his favorite book.
12. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
(a) Their time together at home.
(b) Their holiday in Cornwall.
(c) Her sickness.
(d) Her reading his favorite book to him.
13. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
14. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
15. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
(a) He wants to show it to more people.
(b) He liked writing it.
(c) He wants to finish it.
(d) He wants to ask Mrs. Alexander more questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
2. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
4. What types of books does the narrator mostly read?
5. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)