|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(b) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
(c) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
(d) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
2. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
(a) Holds his nose.
(b) Adds red food coloring to it.
(c) Says a prayer over it.
(d) Adds pepper to it.
3. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
(a) A good day.
(b) A bad day.
(c) A green day.
(d) A black day.
4. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
(a) She said it's just plain awful.
(b) She said that it's tacky.
(c) She said that everyone has a favorite color.
(d) She said it's just being silly.
5. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
(a) For not taking the narrator to get lunch.
(b) For getting angry.
(c) For not taking the narrator on their outing the previous Saturday.
(d) For not telling the narrator about Mr. Shears.
6. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
(a) Because you were mad.
(b) Because you were afraid of the dog.
(c) Because you hated the dog.
(d) Because you want to upset Mrs. Shears.
7. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) The bruises on his face.
(b) The narrator's book.
(c) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
(d) His A-level math test.
8. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
(a) Because the military only uses prime numbers.
(b) Because they are used in codes.
(c) Because primary numbers are easier for individuals in the military to remember.
(d) Because the military can only use prime numbers in their written documents.
9. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) For a drive.
(b) The park.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The movies.
10. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
(a) Talking to Mrs. Shears on the telephone.
(b) Laying on the bed taking a nap.
(c) Sitting at the kitchen table.
(d) Sitting on the living room sofa watching television.
11. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
12. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
(a) The mystery of ghosts.
(b) The mystery of death.
(c) The mystery of lightning
(d) The mystery of electricity.
13. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(b) For killing the dog.
(c) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(d) For assulting a police officer.
14. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
(a) Flowers from Spencer's.
(b) Books from Barnes and Noble.
(c) Shoes from Han Coles.
(d) Food from Marks and Spencer's.
15. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 103, where does the narrator go to watch the clouds make pictures?
2. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
3. What type of business does Father own?
4. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
5. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)