|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
(a) The mystery of electricity.
(b) The mystery of ghosts.
(c) The mystery of death.
(d) The mystery of lightning
2. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
3. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For assulting a police officer.
(b) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(c) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(d) For killing the dog.
4. Where does the narrator find his book?
(a) His father's room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The dining room.
5. What colors does the narrator say he does not like?
(a) Red and green.
(b) Red and yellow.
(c) Brown and yellow.
(d) Brown and green.
6. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
(a) Heart of Darkness.
(b) Cave of Darkness.
(c) Tales of Darkness.
(d) Dark Heart.
7. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dustbin.
(c) The utility room.
(d) His room.
8. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
9. In Chapter 127, how does the narrator respond to his father grabbing him after Father finds what the narrator put on the kitchen table?
(a) He screams at his father.
(b) He hits his father.
(c) He starts crying.
(d) He storms out of the room.
10. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
11. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
(a) Father did not want the narrator to take the exam.
(b) The school did not offer the test.
(c) His teacher did not think he was prepared.
(d) They did not have the resources to proctor an A-level exam.
12. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
13. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
(a) A video about life in the deepest parts of the ocean.
(b) A video about the evolution of man.
(c) A video about the reproduction of mammals.
(d) A video about the life of seagulls.
14. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
(a) Because you want to upset Mrs. Shears.
(b) Because you were afraid of the dog.
(c) Because you were mad.
(d) Because you hated the dog.
15. What did the narrator do with the piece of paper on which Siobhan drew lots of faces and wrote descriptions of exactly what each meant?
(a) He gave it to a friend.
(b) He threw it away.
(c) He kept it in his pocket.
(d) He drew new faces with new meanings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
2. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
3. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
4. What emotion was expressed in the first face picture that Siobhan shared with the narrator?
5. Why did the narrator like the grass?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)