|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
2. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
3. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A formula for a population of schools.
(b) A formula for a population of animals.
(c) A formula for a population of students.
(d) A fromula for a population of teachers.
4. In Chapter 97, where does the narrator go after he arrives home from school?
(a) To visit Mrs. Alexander.
(b) To the local store.
(c) To Mrs. Shears' house.
(d) To visit Father at work.
5. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(b) Pictures of cars.
(c) Pictures of flowers.
(d) Pictures of shoes.
6. What does the narrator's memory have that is similar to a soundtrack?
(a) His memory has a smelltrack.
(b) His memory has a listeningtrack.
(c) His memory has a laughtrack.
(d) His memory has a visualtrack.
7. What emotion was expressed in the first face picture that Siobhan shared with the narrator?
8. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
(a) Not calling him.
(b) Waiting so long since her last letter to write him.
(c) Leaving him with his father.
(d) Not allowing him at the hospital during her illness.
9. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) An asthma attack.
(d) An aneurysm.
10. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
11. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
(a) Tales of Darkness.
(b) Dark Heart.
(c) Heart of Darkness.
(d) Cave of Darkness.
12. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(b) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
13. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
(a) It helps the children learn about different animal life forms.
(b) It helps the children learn how to care for the environment.
(c) It helps the children learn how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
(d) It helps children learn to swim.
14. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
15. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
(b) In a bakery.
(c) In the sancutary of a church.
(d) In a friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
2. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
3. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
4. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
5. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)