|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
(a) Cave of Darkness.
(b) Tales of Darkness.
(c) Dark Heart.
(d) Heart of Darkness.
2. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) The park.
(b) The movies.
(c) The zoo.
(d) For a drive.
3. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a Catholic priest
(b) The ghost of an old pirate.
(c) The ghost of a young English woman.
(d) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
4. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
(b) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(c) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
(d) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
5. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
6. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
(a) He wants to ask Mrs. Alexander more questions.
(b) He wants to show it to more people.
(c) He liked writing it.
(d) He wants to finish it.
7. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
(a) Waiting so long since her last letter to write him.
(b) Not allowing him at the hospital during her illness.
(c) Not calling him.
(d) Leaving him with his father.
8. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because Mother moved out.
(b) Because Mother got sick.
(c) Because they had a lot of arguments.
(d) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
9. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
(a) Says a prayer over it.
(b) Adds pepper to it.
(c) Holds his nose.
(d) Adds red food coloring to it.
10. The type of day the narrator has depends on the number of cars he passes on the way to school. What are the two types of days that he has?
(a) Good days and black days.
(b) Brown days and super good days.
(c) Quite good days and bad days.
(d) Green days and black days.
11. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For killing the dog.
(b) For assulting a police officer.
(c) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(d) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
12. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
(a) His homework.
(b) His favorite book.
(c) His A-level test.
(d) His novel.
13. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
14. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The narrator's school.
(c) Father's office.
(d) The narrator's home.
15. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
(a) Go over Mrs. Shears house.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Watch a soccer match.
(d) Clean the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
2. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
3. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
4. Where does the narrator find his book?
5. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)