|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(b) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
2. In Chapter 97, where does the narrator go after he arrives home from school?
(a) To visit Mrs. Alexander.
(b) To the local store.
(c) To visit Father at work.
(d) To Mrs. Shears' house.
3. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father drives over the speed limit.
(b) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(c) His father cheats on his taxes.
(d) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
4. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
(a) A video about life in the deepest parts of the ocean.
(b) A video about the reproduction of mammals.
(c) A video about the life of seagulls.
(d) A video about the evolution of man.
5. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
(a) How many animal life forms live in the pond.
(b) How many children learned to swim, by year.
(c) How many children are in the school, by year.
(d) How many frogs there were in the pond, by year.
6. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
(a) His novel.
(b) His A-level test.
(c) His favorite book.
(d) His homework.
7. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
(a) 12:07 a.m.
(b) 10:03 p.m.
(c) 9:10 a.m.
(d) 11:55 a.m.
8. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(b) Pictures of shoes.
(c) Pictures of cars.
(d) Pictures of flowers.
9. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
10. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A formula for a population of students.
(b) A formula for a population of schools.
(c) A fromula for a population of teachers.
(d) A formula for a population of animals.
11. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(b) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
(c) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
(d) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
12. What type of business does Father own?
(a) A shoe repair business.
(b) An auto repair business.
(c) A laundry business.
(d) A boiler repair business.
13. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(b) People speak different languages.
(c) People do not speak loud enough.
(d) People use metaphors when they speak.
14. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because Mother got sick.
(b) Because Mother moved out.
(c) Because they had a lot of arguments.
(d) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
15. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(b) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
(c) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
2. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
3. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
4. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
5. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)