|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 4 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
2. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(b) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
(c) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
(d) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
3. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
(b) In a friend's home.
(c) In a bakery.
(d) In the sancutary of a church.
4. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
5. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
(a) Because he thinks Mrs. Shears killed the dog.
(b) Because he thinks he'll get bored when he gets home.
(c) Because he thinks the police will not investigate the dog's murder.
(d) Because he does not always do what he is told.
6. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
(a) Not allowing him at the hospital during her illness.
(b) Waiting so long since her last letter to write him.
(c) Leaving him with his father.
(d) Not calling him.
7. What is the narrator's favorite book?
(a) The Man with the Twisted Lip.
(b) The Five Orange Pips.
(c) Hounds of the Baskervilles.
(d) A Case of Identity.
8. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Engaged and captivated.
(b) Excited and talkative.
(c) Withdrawn and silent.
(d) Silent and passive.
9. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
10. What emotion was expressed in the first face picture that Siobhan shared with the narrator?
11. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
(a) Because he is stupid.
(b) Because he is not stupid.
(c) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(d) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
12. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
(b) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
(c) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(d) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
13. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(b) People do not speak loud enough.
(c) People speak different languages.
(d) People use metaphors when they speak.
14. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
(b) The ghost of a young English woman.
(c) The ghost of an old pirate.
(d) The ghost of a Catholic priest
15. Why did the narrator like the grass?
(a) Because it is wet and warm.
(b) Because it is dry and cold.
(c) Because it is wet and cold.
(d) Because it is dry and warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
2. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
4. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
5. What type of listing does the narrator include in Chapter 73?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)