|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
2. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
3. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Because he is not stupid.
(b) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(c) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
(d) Because he is stupid.
4. At the end of Chapter 67, who does the narrator think killed the dog?
(a) Mrs. Shears.
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
(d) Mr. Shears.
5. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A formula for a population of students.
(b) A formula for a population of animals.
(c) A formula for a population of schools.
(d) A fromula for a population of teachers.
6. Why does the narrator say he uses prime numbers?
(a) Prime numbers are easier to remember.
(b) Prime numbers are easier to calculate.
(c) He cannot tell the difference between prime numbers and cardinal numbers.
(d) He likes prime numbers better than cardinal numbers.
7. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(b) His father cheats on his taxes.
(c) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
(d) His father drives over the speed limit.
8. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
9. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
10. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
(a) Heart of Darkness.
(b) Cave of Darkness.
(c) Tales of Darkness.
(d) Dark Heart.
11. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) His room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The dustbin.
(d) The utility room.
12. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) The zoo.
(b) For a drive.
(c) The movies.
(d) The park.
13. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
(a) She said it's just being silly.
(b) She said that it's tacky.
(c) She said it's just plain awful.
(d) She said that everyone has a favorite color.
14. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
(a) Not talking about his mother.
(b) His silly detective game.
(c) Talking to Mrs. Shears.
(d) Not talking about Mr. Shears.
15. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
(a) Holds his nose.
(b) Adds pepper to it.
(c) Says a prayer over it.
(d) Adds red food coloring to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
2. According to the narrator, what group did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle join when he got old?
3. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
4. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
5. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)