|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
(a) Because he is not stupid.
(b) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
(c) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(d) Because he is stupid.
2. Why doesn't the narrator think he could make his story into a short novel?
(a) Because he does not think it would make a good short story.
(b) Because he wants to write a longer novel.
(c) Because it does not have a proper ending.
(d) Because it is too short to be a short novel.
3. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
(a) It helps children learn to swim.
(b) It helps the children learn how to care for the environment.
(c) It helps the children learn about different animal life forms.
(d) It helps the children learn how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
4. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A sea lion.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) An African elephant.
(d) A spider monkey.
5. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
(a) They did not have the resources to proctor an A-level exam.
(b) His teacher did not think he was prepared.
(c) The school did not offer the test.
(d) Father did not want the narrator to take the exam.
6. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 4 years ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 3 years ago.
7. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
8. What colors does the narrator say he does not like?
(a) Brown and yellow.
(b) Brown and green.
(c) Red and yellow.
(d) Red and green.
9. According to the narrator, what group did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle join when he got old?
(a) The Non-Believers' Society.
(b) The Unknown Society.
(c) The Mystery Society.
(d) The Spiritualist Society.
10. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
11. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a bakery.
(b) In the sancutary of a church.
(c) In a friend's home.
(d) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
12. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
(a) A drawing of the dog.
(b) A drawing of a wooden puzzle.
(c) A drawing of neighborhood.
(d) A drawing of himself.
13. What type of business does Father own?
(a) A shoe repair business.
(b) An auto repair business.
(c) A boiler repair business.
(d) A laundry business.
14. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
(a) Tales of Darkness.
(b) Heart of Darkness.
(c) Dark Heart.
(d) Cave of Darkness.
15. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
(a) Because they are used in codes.
(b) Because the military only uses prime numbers.
(c) Because primary numbers are easier for individuals in the military to remember.
(d) Because the military can only use prime numbers in their written documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of books does the narrator mostly read?
2. Who tells the narrator that his mother has gone to heaven?
3. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
4. What profession does the narrator tell his readers he would be good at?
5. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)