|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(b) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(c) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
2. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
3. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a young English woman.
(b) The ghost of an old pirate.
(c) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
(d) The ghost of a Catholic priest
4. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
(a) Mad, sad, happy, and cross.
(b) Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating.
(c) Sad, mad, concetrating, and envy.
(d) Cross, concentrating, caring, and happy.
5. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
6. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
(a) A video about the life of seagulls.
(b) A video about life in the deepest parts of the ocean.
(c) A video about the reproduction of mammals.
(d) A video about the evolution of man.
7. In Chapter 89, what Joseph Conrad book does Siobhan tell the narrator about?
(a) Tales of Darkness.
(b) Dark Heart.
(c) Cave of Darkness.
(d) Heart of Darkness.
8. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
9. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
(a) Special needs.
10. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A fromula for a population of teachers.
(b) A formula for a population of animals.
(c) A formula for a population of students.
(d) A formula for a population of schools.
11. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
(a) A drawing of neighborhood.
(b) A drawing of a wooden puzzle.
(c) A drawing of himself.
(d) A drawing of the dog.
12. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
(a) 8 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 4 minutes.
(d) 2 minutes.
13. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
(b) His father cheats on his taxes.
(c) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(d) His father drives over the speed limit.
14. In Chapter 127, how does the narrator respond to his father grabbing him after Father finds what the narrator put on the kitchen table?
(a) He storms out of the room.
(b) He screams at his father.
(c) He hits his father.
(d) He starts crying.
15. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
(a) It helps children learn to swim.
(b) It helps the children learn how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
(c) It helps the children learn how to care for the environment.
(d) It helps the children learn about different animal life forms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
2. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
3. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
4. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
5. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)