|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
(a) Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating.
(b) Sad, mad, concetrating, and envy.
(c) Mad, sad, happy, and cross.
(d) Cross, concentrating, caring, and happy.
2. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
3. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
4. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
(a) The narrator's behavioral problems.
(b) Father's long work hours.
(c) Mother's extreme mood swings.
(d) Father's infidelity.
5. How does the narrator's father describe Mr. Shears?
(a) As a nice man.
(b) As a gentle man.
(c) As an angry man.
(d) As an evil man.
6. What is the narrator's favorite book?
(a) Hounds of the Baskervilles.
(b) A Case of Identity.
(c) The Five Orange Pips.
(d) The Man with the Twisted Lip.
7. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
(a) A video about the evolution of man.
(b) A video about the life of seagulls.
(c) A video about life in the deepest parts of the ocean.
(d) A video about the reproduction of mammals.
8. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For assulting a police officer.
(b) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(c) For killing the dog.
(d) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
9. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A spider monkey.
(b) An African elephant.
(c) A sea lion.
(d) An orangutan.
10. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
(a) The Netwon James Theory.
(b) The Sean Carter Problem.
(c) The Monty Hall Problem.
(d) The Johnson Solor System Theory.
11. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
(b) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(c) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
(d) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
12. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
(b) His father cheats on his taxes.
(c) His father drives over the speed limit.
(d) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
13. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
(a) A drawing of neighborhood.
(b) A drawing of a wooden puzzle.
(c) A drawing of the dog.
(d) A drawing of himself.
14. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
(b) Special needs.
15. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
(a) Because you hated the dog.
(b) Because you want to upset Mrs. Shears.
(c) Because you were mad.
(d) Because you were afraid of the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
2. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
3. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
4. What is the narrator's full name?
5. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)