|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors does the narrator say he does not like?
(a) Brown and yellow.
(b) Red and green.
(c) Brown and green.
(d) Red and yellow.
2. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
(a) With a picture of his main character.
(b) With something to grab people's attention.
(c) With a mysterious character.
(d) With a quote from a famous philosopher.
3. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
(a) A drawing of the dog.
(b) A drawing of himself.
(c) A drawing of neighborhood.
(d) A drawing of a wooden puzzle.
4. Why did the narrator like the grass?
(a) Because it is wet and cold.
(b) Because it is wet and warm.
(c) Because it is dry and cold.
(d) Because it is dry and warm.
5. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
(b) Because Mother moved out.
(c) Because Mother got sick.
(d) Because they had a lot of arguments.
6. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Silent and passive.
(b) Engaged and captivated.
(c) Excited and talkative.
(d) Withdrawn and silent.
7. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
(a) A good day.
(b) A green day.
(c) A black day.
(d) A bad day.
8. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(b) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
(c) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
(d) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
9. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
(a) Because the narrator does not have anything to say to his father.
(b) Because when the narrator is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(c) Because when the narrator's father is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(d) Because the narrator's father stopped talking.
10. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) The narrator's home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Father's office.
(d) The narrator's school.
11. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
(a) For not taking the narrator on their outing the previous Saturday.
(b) For not taking the narrator to get lunch.
(c) For not telling the narrator about Mr. Shears.
(d) For getting angry.
12. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
13. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
(a) His A-level test.
(b) His favorite book.
(c) His novel.
(d) His homework.
14. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A sea lion.
(b) An African elephant.
(c) A spider monkey.
(d) An orangutan.
15. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's full name?
2. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
3. Where does the narrator find his book?
4. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
5. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)