|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
2. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Loxely.
(c) Mrs. Shears.
3. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
(a) Because the narrator's father stopped talking.
(b) Because the narrator does not have anything to say to his father.
(c) Because when the narrator is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(d) Because when the narrator's father is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
4. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
(a) The mystery of ghosts.
(b) The mystery of electricity.
(c) The mystery of death.
(d) The mystery of lightning
5. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
(a) The utility room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) His room.
(d) The dustbin.
6. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
(b) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
7. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
8. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
(a) He wants to show it to more people.
(b) He wants to finish it.
(c) He wants to ask Mrs. Alexander more questions.
(d) He liked writing it.
9. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
10. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
(a) Mad, sad, happy, and cross.
(b) Cross, concentrating, caring, and happy.
(c) Sad, mad, concetrating, and envy.
(d) Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating.
11. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
(a) Watch a soccer match.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Go over Mrs. Shears house.
12. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
(a) A good day.
(b) A green day.
(c) A bad day.
(d) A black day.
13. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
(a) A video about life in the deepest parts of the ocean.
(b) A video about the life of seagulls.
(c) A video about the reproduction of mammals.
(d) A video about the evolution of man.
14. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
(a) Talking to Mrs. Shears.
(b) Not talking about Mr. Shears.
(c) Not talking about his mother.
(d) His silly detective game.
15. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
(a) Sitting on the living room sofa watching television.
(b) Laying on the bed taking a nap.
(c) Talking to Mrs. Shears on the telephone.
(d) Sitting at the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
2. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
4. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
5. Why did the narrator like the grass?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)