|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For killing the dog.
(b) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(c) For assulting a police officer.
(d) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
2. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
3. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
(a) The mystery of ghosts.
(b) The mystery of electricity.
(c) The mystery of death.
(d) The mystery of lightning
4. What is the narrator's favorite book?
(a) The Man with the Twisted Lip.
(b) The Five Orange Pips.
(c) Hounds of the Baskervilles.
(d) A Case of Identity.
5. What does the narrator's memory have that is similar to a soundtrack?
(a) His memory has a visualtrack.
(b) His memory has a smelltrack.
(c) His memory has a listeningtrack.
(d) His memory has a laughtrack.
6. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
(a) Shoes from Han Coles.
(b) Food from Marks and Spencer's.
(c) Books from Barnes and Noble.
(d) Flowers from Spencer's.
7. Why does the narrator say he uses prime numbers?
(a) He likes prime numbers better than cardinal numbers.
(b) Prime numbers are easier to calculate.
(c) He cannot tell the difference between prime numbers and cardinal numbers.
(d) Prime numbers are easier to remember.
8. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The park.
(c) For a drive.
(d) The movies.
9. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of birds.
(b) Pictures of flowers.
(c) Pictures of cars.
(d) Pictures of shoes.
10. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
(b) The narrator's book.
(c) The bruises on his face.
(d) His A-level math test.
11. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
(a) It helps the children learn how to care for the environment.
(b) It helps children learn to swim.
(c) It helps the children learn about different animal life forms.
(d) It helps the children learn how to treat animals with kindness and respect.
12. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
(b) In a friend's home.
(c) In a bakery.
(d) In the sancutary of a church.
13. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
(b) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
(c) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(d) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
14. How many red cars does Christopher's bus consecutively pass on his way to school?
15. At the end of Chapter 67, who does the narrator think killed the dog?
(a) Mrs. Alexander.
(b) Mr. Shears.
(d) Mrs. Shears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator like the grass?
2. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
3. Where does the narrator not look for his book?
4. In Chapter 103, where does the narrator go to watch the clouds make pictures?
5. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)