|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
2. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
3. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) An orangutan.
(b) A sea lion.
(c) An African elephant.
(d) A spider monkey.
4. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
(a) Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating.
(b) Sad, mad, concetrating, and envy.
(c) Mad, sad, happy, and cross.
(d) Cross, concentrating, caring, and happy.
5. Where does the narrator find his book?
(a) His father's room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The living room.
6. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
(a) How many children are in the school, by year.
(b) How many animal life forms live in the pond.
(c) How many children learned to swim, by year.
(d) How many frogs there were in the pond, by year.
7. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
(a) In a shoe shop in a shopping center.
(b) In the sancutary of a church.
(c) In a bakery.
(d) In a friend's home.
8. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
9. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People do not speak loud enough.
(b) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(c) People use metaphors when they speak.
(d) People speak different languages.
10. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
(b) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(c) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
(d) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
11. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
(a) His teacher did not think he was prepared.
(b) Father did not want the narrator to take the exam.
(c) The school did not offer the test.
(d) They did not have the resources to proctor an A-level exam.
12. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) An aneurysm.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) An asthma attack.
13. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
(b) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(c) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
14. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(b) Because he is not stupid.
(c) Because he is stupid.
(d) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
15. In Chapter 109, who tells the narrator, "...sometimes we get sad about things and we don't like to tell other people that we are sad about them."
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
2. What profession does the narrator tell his readers he would be good at?
3. What colors does the narrator say he does not like?
4. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
5. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)