|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
2. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
(b) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(c) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(d) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
3. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
(a) With a quote from a famous philosopher.
(b) With something to grab people's attention.
(c) With a mysterious character.
(d) With a picture of his main character.
4. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
(a) A green day.
(b) A bad day.
(c) A black day.
(d) A good day.
5. What is the narrator's favorite book?
(a) A Case of Identity.
(b) The Man with the Twisted Lip.
(c) Hounds of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Five Orange Pips.
6. The type of day the narrator has depends on the number of cars he passes on the way to school. What are the two types of days that he has?
(a) Good days and black days.
(b) Green days and black days.
(c) Quite good days and bad days.
(d) Brown days and super good days.
7. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
8. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
(a) Father did not want the narrator to take the exam.
(b) The school did not offer the test.
(c) His teacher did not think he was prepared.
(d) They did not have the resources to proctor an A-level exam.
9. What types of books does the narrator mostly read?
(a) Math and biology books.
(b) Books about animals and people.
(c) Science and math books.
(d) Books about plants and animals.
10. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
11. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For assulting a police officer.
(b) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(c) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(d) For killing the dog.
12. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The narrator's home.
(c) The narrator's school.
(d) Father's office.
13. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
(a) How many frogs there were in the pond, by year.
(b) How many children learned to swim, by year.
(c) How many children are in the school, by year.
(d) How many animal life forms live in the pond.
14. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 3 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
15. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) The movies.
(b) For a drive.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
2. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
3. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
4. Who tells the narrator that his mother has gone to heaven?
5. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)