|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a young English woman.
(b) The ghost of a Catholic priest
(c) The ghost of an old pirate.
(d) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
2. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
(b) Mr. Loxely.
(c) Mrs. Shears.
(d) His mother.
3. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
4. In Chapter 103, where does the narrator go to watch the clouds make pictures?
(a) The garden.
(b) The roof.
(c) The fire escape.
(d) The front lawn.
5. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
(b) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
(c) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(d) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
6. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(b) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
(c) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
(d) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
7. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
8. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 3 years ago.
(b) 1 year ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
9. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(b) His father cheats on his taxes.
(c) His father drives over the speed limit.
(d) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
10. What does the narrator compare his memory to?
11. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
(a) Mother's extreme mood swings.
(b) The narrator's behavioral problems.
(c) Father's infidelity.
(d) Father's long work hours.
12. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) An asthma attack.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) An aneurysm.
13. According to the narrator, what color is Gobi Aloo Sag?
14. In Chapter 97, where does the narrator go after he arrives home from school?
(a) To the local store.
(b) To Mrs. Shears' house.
(c) To visit Mrs. Alexander.
(d) To visit Father at work.
15. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator not like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
2. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
3. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
4. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
5. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)