|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who works for Father and greets the narrator at the start of Chapter 103?
2. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because Mother got sick.
(b) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
(c) Because Mother moved out.
(d) Because they had a lot of arguments.
3. What was the breed of the dog the narrator found on the grass?
4. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(b) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
(c) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
5. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
(a) 8 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 4 minutes.
6. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
(a) With something to grab people's attention.
(b) With a quote from a famous philosopher.
(c) With a picture of his main character.
(d) With a mysterious character.
7. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
(a) Adds pepper to it.
(b) Adds red food coloring to it.
(c) Holds his nose.
(d) Says a prayer over it.
8. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
(a) Talking to Mrs. Shears.
(b) Not talking about his mother.
(c) His silly detective game.
(d) Not talking about Mr. Shears.
9. What emotion was expressed in the first face picture that Siobhan shared with the narrator?
10. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
(a) 11:55 a.m.
(b) 9:10 a.m.
(c) 10:03 p.m.
(d) 12:07 a.m.
11. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
(a) Sitting at the kitchen table.
(b) Sitting on the living room sofa watching television.
(c) Talking to Mrs. Shears on the telephone.
(d) Laying on the bed taking a nap.
12. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) A spider monkey.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A sea lion.
(d) An African elephant.
13. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(b) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
(c) Because he is stupid.
(d) Because he is not stupid.
14. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Watch a soccer match.
(c) Go over Mrs. Shears house.
(d) Clean the house.
15. What is the narrator's full name?
(a) Thomas Matthew Roger Mason.
(b) Christopher John Francis Boone.
(c) James Weldon Christopher Williams.
(d) Wellington Benjamin James Boone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
2. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
3. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
4. What profession does the narrator tell his readers he would be good at?
5. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)