|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when the dream in Chapter 229 is over?
2. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
(a) He smelled the bathrooms.
(b) There were lots of people.
(c) He had an empty stomach.
(d) The station was too big.
3. What makes the narrator's dream in Chapter 229 special?
(a) He has different versions of the dream.
(b) His dream is the same as a scientist at NASA.
(c) His dream was depicted in a movie.
(d) He has the same dream every night.
4. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
(a) The train station.
(b) A train car.
(c) The police station.
(d) His mother's house.
5. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(b) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator think he could make his story into a short novel?
2. What illustration does the narrator include in Chapter 229?
3. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
4. Where does the narrator hide after he gets down in the subway tunnel and sees all of the people in the tube?
5. What type of formula does the narrator write?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)