|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator's experience with the toilet on the train traumatic?
(a) Because there was urine on the floor.
(b) Because there was someone in the toilet and he had to relieve himself.
(c) Because there was feces on the toilet seat.
(d) Because there was no sink to wash his hands.
2. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
3. Who helps the narrator find the subway tunnel that he will take in London?
(a) A stranger heading towards the subway tunnel.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A train conductor.
(d) The lady at an information booth.
4. The narrator starts Chapter 157 with a discourse on what happened at school for what number of days?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Six days.
5. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
(a) Eat broccoli, oranges, and licorice laces.
(b) Sit in the corner of a room and rub a 1 pound coin over the radiator.
(c) Take a bath and finish writing his book.
(d) Play video games for a whole week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
2. What does the narrator's memory have that is similar to a soundtrack?
3. Why did the narrator feel giddy and sick at the train station?
4. Which one of the following is not one of the three conditions the narrator names as to why life on earth occurred as the result of an accident?
5. Why did the narrator refuse to go to the toilet?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)