|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
2. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
(b) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(c) Because he is not stupid.
(d) Because he is stupid.
3. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
(a) Because the military can only use prime numbers in their written documents.
(b) Because they are used in codes.
(c) Because primary numbers are easier for individuals in the military to remember.
(d) Because the military only uses prime numbers.
4. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(b) People speak different languages.
(c) People do not speak loud enough.
(d) People use metaphors when they speak.
5. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
(a) Because the scientist that discovered it named it after his dog Orion.
(b) Because scientist thought Orion would make a nice name.
(c) Because Orion was named by Earl Orion.
(d) Because Orion was a hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's full name?
2. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
3. What were the two orangutans doing in the photograph in Chapter 223?
4. What is not one of the things that the narrator says he can stay home and do if he doesn't want to go anywhere?
5. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)