|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
(a) Explain a new theory of how people think.
(b) Explain why Mother thinks like she does.
(c) Explain how he learned that other people had minds.
(d) Explain how one of his classmates thinks.
2. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People speak different languages.
(b) People do not speak loud enough.
(c) People use metaphors when they speak.
(d) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
3. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because they had a lot of arguments.
(b) Because Mother got sick.
(c) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
(d) Because Mother moved out.
4. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
(a) The United States.
5. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
(a) Not calling him.
(b) Not allowing him at the hospital during her illness.
(c) Leaving him with his father.
(d) Waiting so long since her last letter to write him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
2. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
3. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
4. What emotion was expressed in the first face picture that Siobhan shared with the narrator?
5. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)