|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does mother try to explain in the second letter the narrator reads?
(a) Her absense.
(b) Her behavior towards Father.
(c) The mystery of ghosts.
(d) Her illness.
2. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
3. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(b) People speak different languages.
(c) People use metaphors when they speak.
(d) People do not speak loud enough.
4. In reflection, what does the narrator recall about his mother's temper?
(a) His mother always left the house when she was in a rage.
(b) His mother has a quicker temper than Father.
(c) His mother used to fight with his father a lot.
(d) His mother was very kind and gentle.
5. Who tells the narrator that his mother has gone to heaven?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Forbes.
(c) Mrs. Shears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
2. What type of video does the narrator watch while waiting for his father to get home?
3. What type of business does Father own?
4. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
5. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)