|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of formula does the narrator write?
(a) A formula for a population of animals.
(b) A formula for a population of schools.
(c) A formula for a population of students.
(d) A fromula for a population of teachers.
2. What is the narrator's favorite book?
(a) The Five Orange Pips.
(b) A Case of Identity.
(c) The Man with the Twisted Lip.
(d) Hounds of the Baskervilles.
3. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People do not speak loud enough.
(b) People use metaphors when they speak.
(c) People speak different languages.
(d) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
4. What does the narrator put on the kitchen table when he returns home in Chapter 127?
(a) His homework.
(b) His A-level test.
(c) His novel.
(d) His favorite book.
5. What does Siobhan ask the narrator about at school on Monday in Chapter 149?
(a) His A-level math test.
(b) The bruises on his face.
(c) The narrator's book.
(d) The information Mrs. Alexander gave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the narrator that his mother has gone to heaven?
2. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
3. Why did Father kill the dog?
4. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
5. What does the narrator have to do to the Gobi Aloo Sag before he can eat it?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)