|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
(a) Talking to Mrs. Shears.
(b) Not talking about his mother.
(c) His silly detective game.
(d) Not talking about Mr. Shears.
2. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
(a) An asthma attack.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) An aneurysm.
3. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
(a) The movies.
(b) The zoo.
(c) The park.
(d) For a drive.
4. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
(a) Sitting at the kitchen table.
(b) Sitting on the living room sofa watching television.
(c) Laying on the bed taking a nap.
(d) Talking to Mrs. Shears on the telephone.
5. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a young English woman.
(b) The ghost of an old pirate.
(c) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
(d) The ghost of a Catholic priest
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does the narrator say he does not like?
2. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
3. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
4. In Chapter 137, why does Father apologize to the narrator on Saturday?
5. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)