|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory of his mother does the narrator recall in Chapter 113?
(a) Their holiday in Cornwall.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) Her reading his favorite book to him.
(d) Their time together at home.
2. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
(a) An African elephant.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A spider monkey.
(d) A sea lion.
3. How does Mrs. Forbes respond to the narrator's dislike of two colors?
(a) She said it's just being silly.
(b) She said that everyone has a favorite color.
(c) She said it's just plain awful.
(d) She said that it's tacky.
4. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
(b) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
(c) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
(d) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
5. At the end of Chapter 67, who does the narrator think killed the dog?
(b) Mr. Shears.
(c) Mrs. Shears.
(d) Mrs. Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say caused much of the stress in his parent's relationship?
2. Who wrote the letter that the narrator finds at the bottom of the cupboard?
3. Where does the narrator's father take him for an outing in Chapter 137?
4. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
5. What concept, which appeared in a newspaper column, does the narrator explain in Chapter 101?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)