|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do when his father falls asleep in Chapter 167?
(a) Reads more letters from his mother.
(b) Watches one of his videos.
(c) Sneaks out the house.
(d) Goes to Mrs. Shears' house.
2. In the first letter, what trip does the narrator's mother refer to?
(a) A trip she took with the narrator to buy him school shoes.
(b) A trip she took with Uncle Terry to shop for new clothing.
(c) A trip she took with Mr. Shears to dump off their old refrigerator and cooker.
(d) A trip she took with Father to buy furniture.
3. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Talking to strangers.
(b) Not being with his father.
(c) Being in unfamiliar places.
(d) Being alone.
4. What did the narrator do with the piece of paper on which Siobhan drew lots of faces and wrote descriptions of exactly what each meant?
(a) He kept it in his pocket.
(b) He gave it to a friend.
(c) He threw it away.
(d) He drew new faces with new meanings.
5. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
(b) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(c) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator's father fall asleep in Chapter 167?
2. Which one of the following it not one of the narrator's favorite animals?
3. When the narrator sees four yellow cars in a row, what type of day does that signal for him?
4. Why does the narrator decide he cannot live with Siobhan?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)