|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 137 | Chapter 139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator's father describe Mr. Shears?
(a) As an angry man.
(b) As a nice man.
(c) As a gentle man.
(d) As an evil man.
2. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
(a) Because they are used in codes.
(b) Because the military can only use prime numbers in their written documents.
(c) Because the military only uses prime numbers.
(d) Because primary numbers are easier for individuals in the military to remember.
3. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father drives over the speed limit.
(b) His father cheats on his taxes.
(c) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
(d) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
4. What type of dog does Mrs. Alexander own?
5. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
(a) Because he thinks he'll get bored when he gets home.
(b) Because he thinks Mrs. Shears killed the dog.
(c) Because he does not always do what he is told.
(d) Because he thinks the police will not investigate the dog's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
2. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
3. What type of listing does the narrator include in Chapter 73?
4. What profession does the narrator tell his readers he would be good at?
5. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)