|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 137 | Chapter 139.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 109?
(a) The narrator's home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The narrator's school.
(d) Father's office.
2. At the end of Chapter 67, who does the narrator think killed the dog?
(a) Mrs. Shears.
(b) Mrs. Alexander.
(d) Mr. Shears.
3. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father cheats on his taxes.
(b) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(c) His father drives over the speed limit.
(d) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
4. What is the narrator's favorite book?
(a) The Five Orange Pips.
(b) A Case of Identity.
(c) The Man with the Twisted Lip.
(d) Hounds of the Baskervilles.
5. Why does the narrator like Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Because he does not believe in the supernatural.
(b) Because he is not stupid.
(c) Because he does believe in the supernatural.
(d) Because he is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 79, what is Father doing when the narrator returns home?
2. What does Father make the narrator promise to give up at the end of Chapter 79?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Alexander's dog?
4. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
5. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)