|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 109 | Chapter 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(b) People speak different languages.
(c) People use metaphors when they speak.
(d) People do not speak loud enough.
2. What does Mrs. Alexander reveal to the narrator about Mr. Shears?
(a) Mr. Shears killed the dog.
(b) Mr. Shears died two years ago.
(c) Mr. Shears married his mistress.
(d) Mr. Shears was having an affair with the narrator's mother.
3. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
(b) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
4. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
5. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(b) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
(c) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
(d) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
2. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
3. What term does the narrator use to describe the students at his school?
4. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
5. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)