|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 109 | Chapter 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator like the grass?
(a) Because it is dry and cold.
(b) Because it is wet and warm.
(c) Because it is wet and cold.
(d) Because it is dry and warm.
2. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
(a) 11:55 a.m.
(b) 9:10 a.m.
(c) 10:03 p.m.
(d) 12:07 a.m.
3. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(b) For killing the dog.
(c) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
(d) For assulting a police officer.
4. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
(a) Because he thinks he'll get bored when he gets home.
(b) Because he thinks Mrs. Shears killed the dog.
(c) Because he thinks the police will not investigate the dog's murder.
(d) Because he does not always do what he is told.
5. What made the narrator think at one time that his parents were going to get a divorce?
(a) Because they had a lot of arguments.
(b) Because they did not sleep in the same room.
(c) Because Mother got sick.
(d) Because Mother moved out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's full name?
2. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
3. Which of the following is not one of the three reasons the narrator deduces for killing a dog?
4. What types of books does the narrator mostly read?
5. In Chapter 103, where does the narrator go to watch the clouds make pictures?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)