|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 73 | Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
(a) An asthma attack.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) An aneurysm.
2. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(b) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
(c) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
3. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Engaged and captivated.
(b) Silent and passive.
(c) Excited and talkative.
(d) Withdrawn and silent.
4. How long ago does the narrator say his mother died?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
5. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
(a) He is wearing a suit, rather than a uniform.
(b) He is wearing a uniform, rather than a suit.
(c) He is not wearing a tie.
(d) He is wearing jeans, rather than slacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
2. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
3. What does Father decide to do on Saturday instead of taking the narrator on a weekly trip?
4. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
5. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)