|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 73 | Chapter 79.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
(a) With a quote from a famous philosopher.
(b) With a mysterious character.
(c) With a picture of his main character.
(d) With something to grab people's attention.
2. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
(a) Flowers from Spencer's.
(b) Shoes from Han Coles.
(c) Books from Barnes and Noble.
(d) Food from Marks and Spencer's.
3. What did the narrator do with the piece of paper on which Siobhan drew lots of faces and wrote descriptions of exactly what each meant?
(a) He drew new faces with new meanings.
(b) He threw it away.
(c) He kept it in his pocket.
(d) He gave it to a friend.
4. What emotion was expressed in the first face picture that Siobhan shared with the narrator?
5. What fear does the narrator overcome while trying to solve the mystery of the dog's death?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Not being with his father.
(c) Being in unfamiliar places.
(d) Talking to strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he uses prime numbers?
2. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
3. How does the narrator's father describe Mr. Shears?
4. Why was Mrs. Gascoyne initially not going to allow the narrator to take the A-level exam?
5. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)