|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapters 59 and 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Excited and talkative.
(b) Silent and passive.
(c) Withdrawn and silent.
(d) Engaged and captivated.
2. Why is the narrator's father frustrated by the time they reach home from the police headquarters?
(a) Because the narrator will not admit why he was arrested.
(b) Because the neighbors are asking them questions when they reach their home.
(c) Because the narrator will not answer Father's questions about the dog's death.
(d) Because the narrator keeps asking questions about the dog's death.
3. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
(a) His father steals lawn ornaments out of the neighbors' lawns.
(b) His father cheats on his taxes.
(c) His father drives over the speed limit.
(d) His father sometimes drinks and drives.
4. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of shoes.
(b) Pictures of birds.
(c) Pictures of flowers.
(d) Pictures of cars.
5. How does Siobhan tell the narrator to begin his book?
(a) With a picture of his main character.
(b) With a mysterious character.
(c) With a quote from a famous philosopher.
(d) With something to grab people's attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
2. Why does the narrator say prime numbers are considered military material?
3. How many attachments does the narrator's Swiss army knife have?
4. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
5. What drawing is the narrator carrying with him at the police headquarters?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)