|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 53 | Chapters 59 and 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time was it when the narrator saw the dog laying on the grass?
(a) 11:55 a.m.
(b) 12:07 a.m.
(c) 9:10 a.m.
(d) 10:03 p.m.
2. What is one of the reasons the narrator gives for finding people confusing?
(a) People use metaphors when they speak.
(b) People use too many adjectives when they speak.
(c) People speak different languages.
(d) People do not speak loud enough.
3. What did Father take to the hospital when he went to visit Mother?
(a) Shoes from Han Coles.
(b) Flowers from Spencer's.
(c) Food from Marks and Spencer's.
(d) Books from Barnes and Noble.
4. How does the narrator know the individual with his father is an inspector?
(a) He is not wearing a tie.
(b) He is wearing jeans, rather than slacks.
(c) He is wearing a suit, rather than a uniform.
(d) He is wearing a uniform, rather than a suit.
5. According to the narrator, what four moods does the dog have?
(a) Mad, sad, happy, and cross.
(b) Cross, concentrating, caring, and happy.
(c) Sad, mad, concetrating, and envy.
(d) Happy, sad, cross, and concentrating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog the narrator finds lying on the grass?
2. The type of day the narrator has depends on the number of cars he passes on the way to school. What are the two types of days that he has?
3. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
4. What example does the narrator give of his father breaking the rules?
5. What did Father tell the narrator his mother died of?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)