|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words describe the demeanor of the narrator's father on the ride home from the police headquarters?
(a) Withdrawn and silent.
(b) Silent and passive.
(c) Excited and talkative.
(d) Engaged and captivated.
2. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
(a) The mystery of death.
(b) The mystery of ghosts.
(c) The mystery of lightning
(d) The mystery of electricity.
3. Why does the narrator want to get his book back from Father?
(a) He wants to finish it.
(b) He liked writing it.
(c) He wants to ask Mrs. Alexander more questions.
(d) He wants to show it to more people.
4. What was on the front cover the card the narrator sent to his mother while she was in the hospital?
(a) Pictures of cars.
(b) Pictures of birds.
(c) Pictures of flowers.
(d) Pictures of shoes.
5. What does the stranger help the narrator do before getting on the train?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Withdraw money.
(c) Buy a train ticket.
(d) Buy food for the train ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find his book?
2. Where does the narrator say Mrs. Shear's coffeemaker is from?
3. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
4. Who tells the narrator that his mother has gone to heaven?
5. Where does the narrator hide as the train approaches Didcot Parkway?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)