|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother apologize for in Chapter 149?
(a) Not calling him.
(b) Not allowing him at the hospital during her illness.
(c) Leaving him with his father.
(d) Waiting so long since her last letter to write him.
2. For how long was the narrator hugging the dog when he heard screaming?
(a) 8 minutes.
(b) 4 minutes.
(c) 2 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. Why does the narrator decide to investigate the death of the dog despite his father's admonishments?
(a) Because he thinks Mrs. Shears killed the dog.
(b) Because he thinks the police will not investigate the dog's murder.
(c) Because he thinks he'll get bored when he gets home.
(d) Because he does not always do what he is told.
4. Why does the narrator say he will not bother his father after his father admits to being sad?
(a) Because the narrator's father stopped talking.
(b) Because when the narrator is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(c) Because when the narrator's father is sad, he prefers to be left alone.
(d) Because the narrator does not have anything to say to his father.
5. What is in the Smarties box?
(c) A marker.
(d) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say will happen when humans evolve into another animal?
2. According to the narrator, why is Orion called Orion?
3. Where did Uncle Terry encounter a ghost?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 197?
5. Where does the narrator find his book?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)