|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 199.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Alexander respond when the narrator asks if Mrs. Shears killed his mother?
(a) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did kill his mother.
(b) Mrs. Alexander did not know the narrator's mother was dead.
(c) Mrs. Shears admits that she did not know the narrator's mother.
(d) Mrs. Alexander admits that Mrs. Shears did not kill his mother.
2. What does the narrator hear shortly after he wakes up in Chapter 179?
(a) Mrs. Alexander singing loudly.
(b) Father calling his name and searching for him.
(c) Mrs. Shears yelling at Father.
(d) Father's van starting up and leaving the house.
3. In reflection, what does the narrator recall about his mother's temper?
(a) His mother always left the house when she was in a rage.
(b) His mother used to fight with his father a lot.
(c) His mother was very kind and gentle.
(d) His mother has a quicker temper than Father.
4. Why do the police arrest the narrator?
(a) For stealing his neighbor's plants out of her front yard.
(b) For assulting a police officer.
(c) For killing the dog.
(d) For breaking into his neighbor's house.
5. How many months did it take the narrator's hair to grow back after he fell out of the car?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, if everyone in the world was tossing coins, eventually how many heads in a row would someone get?
2. What does the narrator use Chapter 163 to do?
3. How does the narrator decide to travel to his mother's house?
4. What is the narrator's favorite book?
5. What mystery does the narrator say scientists will solve someday?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)