|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator conclude about time at the end of Chapter 193?
(a) Time does not standstill for any man.
(b) Time can be summarized in a timetable.
(c) Time changes a person's outlook on life.
(d) Time is a mystery and not a thing.
2. What type of ghost did Uncle Terry encounter?
(a) The ghost of a young English woman.
(b) The ghost of a Catholic priest
(c) The ghost of an old pirate.
(d) The ghost of a Franciscan friar.
3. In Chapter 89, why does the narrator keep his eyes closed on his way to school on the third day?
(a) Because after two black days in a row, he is allowed to.
(b) Because he is allowed to after two good days in a row.
(c) Because he is allowed to after three bad days in a row.
(d) Because he is allowed to after three green days in a row.
4. What time does the narrator wake up on his sample timetable?
(a) 6:30 AM.
(b) 6:50 AM.
(c) 7:50 AM.
(d) 7:20 AM.
5. Why doesn't the narrator think he could make his story into a short novel?
(a) Because he wants to write a longer novel.
(b) Because he does not think it would make a good short story.
(c) Because it does not have a proper ending.
(d) Because it is too short to be a short novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the narrator include on the graph in Chapter 151?
2. What reason does the narrator give for having a pond at school?
3. For what day does the narrator provide a sample timetable?
4. What time does the narrator go to bed on his sample timetable?
5. What is the narrator's pet rat's name?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)