Prologue - Part 1
• NOTE: Citations in this Lesson Plan refer to the following version of the book: Galbraith, Robert. The Cuckoo’s Calling. Mulholland Books / Little, Brown and Company, 2013. First Ebook Edition.
• The Cuckoo’s Calling is related from the perspective of a third-person, omniscient narrator with focus on the thoughts, observations, and actions of protagonist Cormoran Strike and his assistant, Robin Ellacott.
• The Prologue establishes a chaotic scene on Mayfair Street with photographers and journalists buzzing like flies.
• The body of a young woman is hidden from the public by a tent where Detective inspector Roy Carver awaits an ambulance.
• Detective Sergeant Eric Wardle enters the tent and announces the ambulance should arrive any minute.
• Carver believes the woman’s death was a suicide, discrediting the sole witness who claims to have heard an argument before the woman’s fall. The witness is believed to be high...
This section contains 5,235 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)