|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Mount Everest—Chronicle and Reading List.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the second person to try to scale Everest alone?
(a) Edmund Hillary.
(b) Maurice Wilson.
(c) George Mallory.
(d) Earl Denman.
2. As alluded to in the North Col chapter, at what altitude did Messner and Nena plan to set up their midway camp?
(a) 6,250 meters.
(b) 7,000 meters.
(c) 6,750 meters.
(d) 6,000 meters.
3. According to Messner, at what age he did begin climbing?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Thirteen years old.
(c) Seven years old.
(d) Five years old.
4. When the CMA granted Messner a permit in the Kanchung chapter, approximately how much did Messner believe the expedition would cost?
5. According to the Chomolungma chapter, how high was the Chang La face that Messner had to navigate on his way to the North Col?
(a) 200 meters.
(b) 500 meters.
(c) 300 meters.
(d) 400 meters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is the 500-meter high ice wall known by?
2. In what year did the proclamation of the "Autonomous Region of Tibet" occur?
3. As the Chomolungma chapter opens and Messner finally began his ascent of Everest, how long had he been at an altitude of 5000 meters or higher?
4. How large is Tibet?
5. According to tests, at what altitude could climbers survive at with the use of artificial oxygen?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)