|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through North Col—Stuck in the Monsoon Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Messner make his first Everest ascent?
(a) Peter Mallory.
(b) Peter Wilson.
(c) Peter Masters.
(d) Peter Habeler.
2. When Messner realized that he needed a sponsor in order to gain access to the mountains in China, what did Messner consider offering to his sponsor in exchange for the sponsor's commitment to help Messner?
(b) Film rights.
(c) Book rights.
(d) Exclusive access.
3. In the Tibet chapter, what "sport" did Bulle once liken mountaineering to?
4. How many women who were part of the 1975 Chinese expedition were able to reach heights of more than 8000 meters?
5. In what year was the second solo attempt on Everest undertaken?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the CMA granted Messner a permit in the Kanchung chapter, approximately how much did Messner believe the expedition would cost?
2. Why had no Tibetans ever considered climbing the gigantic summits that were all around them?
3. As Messner planned the route he would use to scale Mount Everest, whose route was he trying not to deviate from?
4. How high did the second British expedition reach before being forced to descend the mountain because of a growing storm?
5. According to tests, at what altitude could climbers survive at with the use of artificial oxygen?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)