|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through North Col—Stuck in the Monsoon Snow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Dalai Lama flee from Tibet?
(a) March 1958.
(b) March 1961.
(c) March 1960.
(d) March 1959.
2. In the Kanchung chapter as Messner and Bulle returned to Europe, how did Messner characterize the way Bulle was feeling?
3. In the Kanchung chapter, how many lectures was Messner scheduled to give during his European lecture tour?
4. In the Tibet chapter, what "sport" did Bulle once liken mountaineering to?
5. In the third attempt to reach Everest's summit, which two members of the British expedition were buried in an avalanche?
(a) Mallory and Morshead.
(b) Mallory and Somervell.
(c) Bruce and Morshead.
(d) Bruce and Finch.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Messner prepareed for his solo climb in 1980 in the Kanchung chapter, for how long had Messner been divorced?
2. When Messner and his team finally set off on July 13 from the base camp, how many yaks were carrying Messner's supplies?
3. How high did the second British expedition reach before being forced to descend the mountain because of a growing storm?
4. When the climbing team woke up in the Sherpa hut at the beginning of Messner's book, how long did they have to reach Syangpoche?
5. How many people were involved with the first group of foreign mountaineers to undertake an expedition in Tibet after the creation of the People's Republic?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)