|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kanchung—Taboos and Mysteries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Oswald Oelz live?
2. Who led the second British expedition to Mount Everest in 1922?
(a) Edward Finch.
(b) Bruce Charles.
(c) George Mallory.
(d) Charles Bruce.
3. When Messner realized that he needed a sponsor in order to gain access to the mountains in China, what did Messner consider offering to his sponsor in exchange for the sponsor's commitment to help Messner?
(a) Film rights.
(b) Exclusive access.
(d) Book rights.
4. To whom does Messner attribute the quote that begins his book?
(a) Sir Francis Young.
(b) Sir Francis Youngman.
(c) Sir Francis Younghusband.
(d) Sir Francis Younglin.
5. When the British expedition returned to Everest in 1924, when did the team arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Messner learned from his journalist friend in the Mount Everest-Fairytale and Reality chapter, who received permission for a solo assent of Everest during the winter of 1980-81?
2. In the Kanchung chapter, how many lectures was Messner scheduled to give during his European lecture tour?
3. At what altitude did the hotel in Syangpoche that the climbing team was headed to after leaving the Sherpa hut in the beginning of the book lie?
4. What was the primary occupation of Oswald Oelz?
5. In what year did the People's Republic of China invade Tibet and end the Dalai Lama's rule?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)