|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kanchung—Taboos and Mysteries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT one of the crops that the Tibetan economy was based on?
2. How far above sea level does Tibet lie?
(a) 4,000 meters.
(b) 1,000 meters.
(c) 3,000 meters.
(d) 2,000 meters.
3. After the uprising of March 1959, how many Tibetans fled to India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Sikkim?
4. What did Messner say he hated like the plague?
(b) Red tape.
5. To whom does Messner attribute the quote that begins his book?
(a) Sir Francis Youngman.
(b) Sir Francis Young.
(c) Sir Francis Younghusband.
(d) Sir Francis Younglin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the CMA?
2. What was the name of the hotel in Syangpoche that the climbing team was headed to after leaving the Sherpa hut in the beginning of the book?
3. In the early pages of the Mount Everest-Fairytale and Reality chapter, Messner needed to leave Nepal because he had a lecture tour beginning. Where did Messner's European lecture tour start?
4. According to tests, at what altitude could climbers survive at with the use of artificial oxygen?
5. A few days after being forced to descend Everest because of the storm, which two team members were able to ascend to 8,321 meters during the second British expedition?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)