|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kanchung—Taboos and Mysteries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many British attempts to ascend Mount Everest were undertaken between 1921 and 1949?
2. How many people were in the second expedition to Mount Everest in 1922?
3. How many illegal attempts to climb Mount Everest solo were undertaken between 1921 and 1949?
4. What was the name of the Tibetan who helped the first person who wanted to scale Everest alone enter Tibet illegally?
(a) Rinzing Tewang.
(b) Karma Paul.
(c) Wilson Tsering.
(d) Sherpa Jan.
5. As the first person who wanted to scale Everest alone entered Tibet illegally, what was the person disguised as?
(a) A physician.
(b) A monk.
(c) A guide.
(d) A Sherpa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is the 500-meter high ice wall known by?
2. Who were the first group of foreign mountaineers to undertake an expedition in Tibet after the creation of the People's Republic?
3. How large is Tibet?
4. In what year did Messner and Oelz successfully scale Mount Everest?
5. What was the primary occupation of Oswald Oelz?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)