|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rongbuk—In the Wake of the Cultural Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to tests, at what altitude could climbers survive at with the use of artificial oxygen?
(a) 7,500 meters.
(b) 8,000 meters.
(c) 9,100 meters.
(d) 9,600 meters.
2. When did the Dalai Lama flee from Tibet?
(a) March 1960.
(b) March 1961.
(c) March 1959.
(d) March 1958.
3. When the Dalai Lama fled from Tibet, where did the Dalai Lama go?
4. When the British expedition returned to Everest in 1924, how many times were the climbers forced to abandon their higher-elevation camps and return to their base camps because of snowfall and extreme cold?
(a) One time.
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
5. How much did each portable oxygen system weigh that the British expedition's climbers carried?
(a) Seven kilos.
(b) Ten kilos.
(c) Twelve kilos.
(d) Fifteen kilos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Tashi delek" mean?
2. Which two climbers were lost on Everest on June 8, 1924?
3. When Messner got the idea to leave base camp and travel westward in the Rongbuk chapter, where did Messner want to go?
4. When the jeep finally arrived, where did the team travel to first in the Rongbuk chapter?
5. When Messner spied some Sherpas that he knew in the Tibet chapter, where did Messner know the Sherpas from?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)