|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rongbuk—In the Wake of the Cultural Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the British expedition returned to Everest in 1924, how many times were the climbers forced to abandon their higher-elevation camps and return to their base camps because of snowfall and extreme cold?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) One time.
2. How much did each portable oxygen system weigh that the British expedition's climbers carried?
(a) Ten kilos.
(b) Fifteen kilos.
(c) Seven kilos.
(d) Twelve kilos.
3. What mountain's name means "Ridge above the Meadows"?
(a) Tulshing Rimpoche.
(b) Nanga Parbat.
(c) Shisha Pangma.
4. Who was the deputy leader of the 1975 Chinese expedition?
5. How many women who were part of the 1975 Chinese expedition were able to reach heights of more than 8000 meters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Potala mean?
2. Who led the second British expedition to Mount Everest in 1922?
3. What did the CMA want to turn the ruins of the Rongbuk Monastery into?
4. How many years of experience did the man who led the second British expedition to Mount Everest have?
5. Where did Nena and Messner build their main camp after choosing to leave the Rongbuk monastery in the Tibet chapter?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)