|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rongbuk—In the Wake of the Cultural Revolution.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nena and Messner built their main camp after leaving the Rongbuk monastery in the Tibet chapter, at what altitude were they?
(a) 4,700 meters.
(b) 3,500 meters.
(c) 5,100 meters.
(d) 6,100 meters.
2. In the Tibet chapter, how did Messner and Nena originally decide to travel to their intended destination as they waited for the weather on Everest to clear?
(a) By flying.
(b) By walking.
(c) By driving.
(d) By caravan.
3. How many of the expedition's porters were killed in the avalanche that occurred during the third attempt to reach Everest's summit?
4. When the British expedition returned to Everest in 1924, when did the team arrive?
5. When Messner spied some Sherpas that he knew in the Tibet chapter, where did Messner know the Sherpas from?
(a) Ama Dablam.
(b) Nangpa La.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the 1975 Chinese expedition to Mount Everest, who was symbolically named the expedition leader?
2. In the Tibet chapter, what "sport" did Bulle once liken mountaineering to?
3. When Messner and Nena decided to leave their base camp and travel throughout the region because the weather on Everest was terrible in the Tibet chapter, where did they head to?
4. On what day did the Chinese expedition's assault team finally reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1975?
5. In the Tibet chapter, how did Messner and Nena actually travel to their intended destination as they waited for the weather on Everest to clear?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)