1. To whom does Messner attribute the quote that begins his book?
(a) Sir Francis Younghusband.
(b) Sir Francis Younglin.
(c) Sir Francis Youngman.
(d) Sir Francis Young.
2. According to the book's opening quote, who could not allow Mount Everest to remain untouched?
(a) Men with something to prove.
(b) Men with any courage for challenges.
(c) Men with any zest for mountaineering.
(d) Men with any sense of adventure.
3. In what year did Messner first ascend Everest?
4. With whom did Messner make his first Everest ascent?
(a) Peter Mallory.
(b) Peter Wilson.
(c) Peter Masters.
(d) Peter Habeler.
5. What was NOT one of the crops that the Tibetan economy was based on?
6. How many British attempts to ascend Mount Everest were undertaken between 1921 and 1949?
7. How many illegal attempts to climb Mount Everest solo were undertaken between 1921 and 1949?
This section contains 4,437 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)