|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Merlin?
2. Who becomes lame during the ride away from the castle?
3. What happens to Merlin on the boat trip?
(a) He dies
(b) He escapes by swimming away
(c) He befriends the men
(d) He is very sick
4. Who is the man who lives in the cave?
5. What does Merlin see approaching his horse?
(a) A solider
(b) A ghost
(c) A white bull
(d) A black stallion
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the compound eventually, leaving Merlin with Ambrosius?
2. What do the soldiers think Merlin is?
3. What is Merlin's name?
4. Whose name causes other men in the tavern to stop and turn?
5. Who rides out to the forest with Merlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Merlin's memory be described?
2. What happens to Merlin as they journey by boat?
3. When does the King storm out of the court?
4. What do Merlin and Cadal find when they arrive back at Galapas' cave?
5. What has Merlin been learning as his has spent his time in Less Britain with Ambrosius?
6. What does Galapas do when Merlin asks him to show him how to see visions?
7. What causes the other men in the pub to turn and to stare at Dinias and Merlin?
8. Merlin wanted to go to Sergontium, but his father thought he was too weak. How did Merlin talk his father into letting him go?
9. What does Merlin see when he enters the cave?
10. Why was the man killed, according to Belasius?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)