|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marric want to ask for payment for any information Merlin might be able to give?
2. Who pushes Merlin to learn to read and to write?
(a) The King's mother
(c) Lady Niniane
3. Who does Merlin go out with during the daytime hours?
(a) The High King
(d) The hunting party
4. What does Merlin see approaching his horse?
(a) A black stallion
(b) A white bull
(c) A solider
(d) A ghost
5. Who becomes lame during the ride away from the castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides out to the forest with Merlin?
2. What god is associated with the bull?
3. Whose name causes other men in the tavern to stop and turn?
4. What was left in the ransacked cave?
5. What is Merlin's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merlin find when he enters the palace in secrecy?
2. What do Merlin and Cadal find when they arrive back at Galapas' cave?
3. What does Merlin buy when he arrives across the sea?
4. What was the significance of the scene Merlin saw with the bull?
5. How might Merlin's memory be described?
6. What does Merlin see when he enters the cave?
7. What happens to Merlin as they journey by boat?
8. Whose cape is the one that Merlin took when he was hiding in the farm?
9. What does Uther notice about Merlin when he grabs him?
10. Why was the man killed, according to Belasius?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)