|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Merlin's grandfather's house?
2. Ambrosius asks Merlin if he has seen what?
(a) The Druids
(b) A ghost
(c) A vision
3. Who is the bastard son of the king by a slave woman?
4. What do the soldiers think Merlin is?
(a) A child
(b) A spy
(c) A beggar
(d) A demon
5. How long does the trip from Maridunum take?
(a) 10 days
(b) 18 days
(c) 1 day
(d) 5 days
6. How old is Merlin when his teacher begins to teach him about the crystal cave?
7. What does the stranger put on his horse in the shed?
(a) His cloak
(b) His sword
(c) His dagger
(d) His shirt
8. What happens when the stranger lights a candle in the crystal chamber?
(a) The cave disappears
(b) Merlin cries
(c) Merlin sees visions
(d) The stranger disappears
9. The leader of the secret meeting is holding something up in __________.
(a) The tree
(b) A box
(c) His hands
(d) The cup
10. Merlin says that he tends to forget things of ____________ past.
11. Who refuses to move because he was told not to move?
12. What has Merlin witnessed?
(a) A vision
(b) A cold-blooded murder
(c) A ritual ceremony
(d) A cannibal sacrifice
13. Who is a mathematician and an astronomer?
14. What does Merlin decide to do as he is locked in the bottom of the boat?
(b) Perform a spell
15. Who has befriended Merlin?
(a) A ringdove
(b) A servant boy
(c) A falcon
(d) A pony
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Merlin trips and falls?
2. Where does Merlin hide in the cave?
3. Why does Merlin wake up?
4. Whose name causes other men in the tavern to stop and turn?
5. What does the foreman in Merlin's vision do?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)