Prologue | Book 1, Chapter 1
• The story begins with Merlin speaking about his life from the time before Arthur became King.
• Merlin says he tends to forget recent memories in order to remember things from long ago.
• Merlin hints that he has magical powers.
• Merlin speaks of a couple meeting in the woods outside a cave.
• Merlin, when he was 6, lives with a women named Lady Niniane.
• Merlin has no father that he knows of.
• The old King hates Merlin.
• Camlach and Merlin begin to spend time together.
Book 1, Chapter 2 | Book 1, Chapter 3
• Merlin's grandfather's house is in Maridunum.
• Merlin hears the shout of King Gorlon asking for his mother's hand.
• Merlin's mother refused King Gorlon.
• Merlin goes with Camlach to a secret garden.
• Camlach tries to make Merlin eat an apricot, but Merlin refuses, knowing they are "black" inside, i.e. poisoned.
• Merlin's own grandfather cut Merlin's face when he...
This section contains 1,926 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)