|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh's father's nickname?
2. Who is described as JB's girlfriend's favorite basketball player in "Things I Learn at Dinner"?
3. What is Vondie's girlfriend's favorite color described as in "Even Vondie"?
4. Where does JB ask to go after practice in "The Next Morning"?
5. For what minor-league baseball team did Michael Jordan play, as revealed in "Final Jeopardy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition has led to Chuck Bell's hospitalization in "Fourth Quarter"?
2. What thoughts and emotions does Josh express in "Dear Jordan"?
3. How would you describe Josh's attitude at the hospital in "The Doctor Pats Jordan and Me on the Back And Says"?
4. What are some of the reasons that Josh lists in "Mom, Since You Asked, I’ll Tell You Why I’m So Angry"?
5. What is revealed by the phone call in "As We’re About to Leave for the Final Game"? How does the Bell family respond?
6. How are the Christmas celebrations described in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
7. How would you describe the mood of the poem "After" in "Third Quarter"? How does the author develop this mood?
8. What is related of Vondie's girlfriend in "Even Vondie"?
9. Why does Josh point out the irony of the doctor's name in "The Next Morning"?
10. What does Josh ask his father in "Okay, Dad'? What ultimatum does he make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Chuck Bell in the novel. How does Chuck feel about his sons? What career did Chuck have? Why did he leave this career? What leads up to Chuck's death?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Josh and JB in The Crossover. How are these twin brothers similar? How are they different? What causes the conflicts between these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Vondie Little in The Crossover. How do Josh and JB know Vondie? How do their relationships evolve in the course of the narrative? Is Vondie a likable character? Why or why not?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)