|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "For Dad," the narrator says, "I wish the ref could stop the clock of" what?
(a) "My life."
(b) "My dreams."
(c) "All time."
(d) "My fear."
2. Who is JB and Josh's team set to play next week in "Article #1 in the Daily News (December 14)"?
(a) The Independence Red Rockets.
(b) The St. Matthews Middle Giants.
(c) The Cook County Patriots.
(d) The Olive Branch Wildcats.
3. In a simile in the poem "The Nosebleed Section," the narrator describes his mother popping up like what in the stands?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A jack-in-the-box.
4. What does Josh say Uncle Bob's turkey tastes like in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
(b) Butter and herbs.
(d) Burned rubber.
5. Who is compared to a strong wind in the opening of the poem "Storm"?
(a) Josh's Dad.
(b) Josh's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh compare Vondie's girlfriend's butt to in "Even Vondie"?
2. What is the score that Josh says the game is at in "For Dad"?
3. What does Josh's father describe writing a book titled in "Questions"?
4. What is the final word that is printed smaller than the others in the poem "The Last Shot"?
5. How does JB travel to the hospital in "As We're About to Leave for the Final Game"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that Josh lists in "Mom, Since You Asked, I’ll Tell You Why I’m So Angry"?
2. How is "Churlish" defined in the poem with the same name? How does Josh apply this term to his life?
3. What stylistic elements stand out in the poem "Fast Break"?
4. What does Josh ask his father in "Okay, Dad'? What ultimatum does he make?
5. What is the significance of the repetition of the word "alone" in "I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Used To"?
6. Why does Josh say JB hates basketball in "Myocardial Infarction"?
7. How is the word "profusely" explored in the poem that has the same name?
8. What actions are described regarding Chuck in "On Christmas Eve"?
9. How would you describe Josh's attitude at the hospital in "The Doctor Pats Jordan and Me on the Back And Says"?
10. What advice does Josh's father give him regarding JB in "The Nosebleed Section"?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)