|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh's father suggest Josh do in regards to JB in "The Nosebleed Section"?
(a) Give him an ultimatum.
(b) Buy him a gift.
(c) Write him a letter.
(d) Call him.
2. What does Josh say Uncle Bob's lemon pound cake looks like in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Baked Alaska.
(c) A train wreck.
3. What is the final word that is printed smaller than the others in the poem "The Last Shot"?
4. At what hospital is Josh's family in "The Doctor Pats Jordand and Me on the Back and Says"?
(a) Mercy Hospital.
(b) St. Mary's Hospital.
(c) Trinity Pines Hospital.
(d) St. Luke's Hospital.
5. How many points does JB have in the game in "The Nosebleed Section"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the coach of Josh and JB's basketball team?
2. What does Josh describe his mother repeatedly singing in "The Doctor Pats Jordan and Me on the Back and Says"?
3. How is the word "Churlish" described in the poem with the same name?
4. Where does JB ask to go after practice in "The Next Morning"?
5. Who did Josh's dad call "a selfish millionaire with a bad attitude," according to the narrator in "Churlish"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed by the phone call in "As We’re About to Leave for the Final Game"? How does the Bell family respond?
2. What stylistic elements stand out in the poem "Fast Break"?
3. What actions are described regarding Chuck in "On Christmas Eve"?
4. Why does Josh say JB hates basketball in "Myocardial Infarction"?
5. What thoughts and emotions does Josh express in "Dear Jordan"?
6. How is the word "profusely" explored in the poem that has the same name?
7. What are some of the questions that appear in the poem "Questions" in "Fourth Quarter"?
8. What advice does Josh's father give him regarding JB in "The Nosebleed Section"?
9. What are some of the reasons that Josh lists in "Mom, Since You Asked, I’ll Tell You Why I’m So Angry"?
10. How would you describe Josh's attitude at the hospital in "The Doctor Pats Jordan and Me on the Back And Says"?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)