|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word in the poem "Okay, Dad" is printed smaller than all of the other words?
2. What word is repeatedly set apart from the others in the poem "I Don't Think I'll Ever Get Used To"?
3. What does Josh's father suggest Josh do in regards to JB in "The Nosebleed Section"?
(a) Call him.
(b) Buy him a gift.
(c) Give him an ultimatum.
(d) Write him a letter.
4. How many rebounds has JB gotten in the game in "The Nosebleed Section"?
5. What does Josh say that JB hates in "Myocardial Infarction"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh describe doing during practice in "This Week, I"?
2. What does Josh's father say when he awakens in "On Christmas Eve"?
3. What musician does Josh describe listening to in "I Don't Think I'll Ever Get Used To"?
4. Who is compared to a strong wind in the opening of the poem "Storm"?
5. What is the punchline for Josh's dad's joke in "Final Jeopardy," "Y'all know what the mama turkey said to her naughty son?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Josh's mother say happens to "boys with no self-control" (138) in "Suspension"? What does she mean by this statement?
2. Why does Josh say JB hates basketball in "Myocardial Infarction"?
3. How does the advice in "Basketball Rule #9" apply to life?
4. How is the word "profusely" explored in the poem that has the same name?
5. How would you describe Josh's attitude at the hospital in "The Doctor Pats Jordan and Me on the Back And Says"?
6. What does Josh ask his father in "Okay, Dad'? What ultimatum does he make?
7. What character is compared to a storm in the poem "Storm"? How does the author make this comparison?
8. How are the Christmas celebrations described in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
9. Why does Josh point out the irony of the doctor's name in "The Next Morning"?
10. What is related of Vondie's girlfriend in "Even Vondie"?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)