|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe hitting his brother over the head with in "On the Way to the Game"?
(a) His lunch box.
(b) His jockstrap.
(c) His backpack.
(d) His fist.
2. The narrator of "Josh Bell" says that he is the next "Kevin Durant, LeBron" and who?
(a) "Kobe Bryant."
(b) "Michael Jordan."
(c) "Chris Paul."
(d) "Magic Johnson."
3. Where does Josh say his father played basketball in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
(d) The UK.
4. What does Jordan insist that everyone call him, according to the narrator in "Jordan Bell"?
(a) Filthy McNasty.
5. What is the name of the team that Josh and JB play basketball for?
(a) The Clark County Cougars.
(b) The Indepdendence Badgers.
(c) The Anderson Seahawks.
(d) The Reggie Lewis Wildcats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from "Dribbling" is spaced out across the page of the poem?
2. What does the narrator's mother compare the narrator with in the poem "Josh Bell"?
3. What team does Josh describe having just beaten in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
4. How many sisters does the girl say she has in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
5. Where does Josh envision JB when his team is meditating in "At Practice"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rule stated in "Basketball Rule #5"? What is its significance?
2. What are the five resons that Josh describes for having dreadlocks in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
3. Who is Josh Bell and what role does he play in "The Crossover"?
4. What literary device stand out the most in the poem "Showoff"? What are examples?
5. How does Josh define "irony" in "Ironic"? How does he apply irony to his life?
6. Why does Josh suggest his father write a book in "Conversation"?
7. How do JB and Josh respond to their father's collapse in "I"m on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
8. What does Crystal explain to Josh in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
9. What differences does Josh describe between him and his brother in "JB and I"?
10. What is the meaning of the title to the poem "Second-Person"?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)