|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Josh say his mother is in "Too Good"?
(a) At her office.
(b) At church.
(c) At the game.
(d) At a conference.
2. How does the narrator of "Josh Bell" describe his hair in the poem?
3. In the end of "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen," Josh questions if what is really the answer?
4. What is the narrator's Number 3 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) "It helps people know that I am me and not JB."
(b) "They remind me of my father."
(c) "No one else on the team has them."
(d) "They make me feel like a king."
5. What does the narrator's mother compare the narrator with in the poem "Josh Bell"?
(a) "An ol' Chevette."
(b) "A pickup truck."
(c) "A red Corvette."
(d) "A dirt road."
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Josh Bell's mother have at his school?
2. What is the name of the team that Josh and JB play basketball for?
3. What is the Number 4 reason the narrator lists in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
4. What time is it when a cop pulls over Josh's dad in "Game Time: 6:00 p.m."?
5. What does Josh's father suggest they go get at the end of the poem "Conversation"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rule stated in "Basketball Rule #5"? What is its significance?
2. Why does Josh pretend to be JB on the phone when Alexis first calls? What do Josh and Alexis talk about?
3. What does Crystal explain to Josh in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
4. How did Josh Bell get his nickname? What is the significance of Josh's nickname?
5. What metaphors are seen in "Basketball Rule #1"?
6. What literary device stand out the most in the poem "Showoff"? What are examples?
7. What differences does Josh describe between him and his brother in "JB and I"?
8. How does Josh's father respond to Josh's concerns about JB in the second poem titled "Conversation" in "Second Quarter"?
9. How do JB and Josh respond to their father's collapse in "I"m on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
10. What are some examples of stylistic choices made by the author in the poem "Dribbling"?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)