|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word in the poem "Filthy McNasty" is extended downward on the page?
2. What book does Josh see an old man reading in "Third Wheel"?
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) The Giver.
(d) The Tipping Point.
3. What does Jordan insist that everyone call him, according to the narrator in "Jordan Bell"?
(b) Filthy McNasty.
4. Who's mother wrote a book, according to the narrator in "Conversation"?
(a) JB's mom.
(b) Chuck's mom.
(c) Alexis's mom.
(d) Vondie's mom.
5. How many free throws has JB hit in a row, according to Josh in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Josh talks to on the phone in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
2. What is the single sentence that comprises the poem "Basketball Rule #5"?
3. Where does Josh envision JB when his team is meditating in "At Practice"?
4. On what album does the song "Filthy McNasty" appear?
5. Where does Josh say he wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphors are seen in "Basketball Rule #1"?
2. How is the "character" of Filthy McNasty described in the poem by the same name?
3. What does Crystal explain to Josh in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
4. Why does Josh suggest his father write a book in "Conversation"?
5. How are the careers of Josh's parents described in the narrative?
6. How does Josh define "irony" in "Ironic"? How does he apply irony to his life?
7. What literary device stand out the most in the poem "Showoff"? What are examples?
8. How does Josh describe his brother in "Jordan Bell"?
9. Why does Crystal Bell make her husband sit in the top row of the bleachers during basketball games?
10. What are some examples of stylistic choices made by the author in the poem "Dribbling"?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)