|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's father's name?
2. What is the narrator's Number 3 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) "They remind me of my father."
(b) "No one else on the team has them."
(c) "They make me feel like a king."
(d) "It helps people know that I am me and not JB."
3. How much money does the narrator say Jordan won from a bet with his father in "Jordan Bell"?
4. What does Josh describe Jordan wearing in "Conversation"?
(a) High-top sneakers.
(b) His dad's cologne.
(c) His father's championship ring.
(d) A suit and tie.
5. What does Josh's father suggest they go get at the end of the poem "Conversation"?
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Chinese food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in the poem "Filthy McNasty" is extended downward on the page?
2. What does Josh have a book report due tomorrow on in "Second-Person"?
3. What does Josh discover JB doing at the library in "Third Wheel"?
4. How many points does Josh describe scoring at the pickup game at the Rec in "Conversation"?
5. Where does Josh say his mother is in "Too Good"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crystal explain to Josh in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
2. What does Coach Hawkins have his team do in "At Practice"? Why?
3. What is the rule stated in "Basketball Rule #5"? What is its significance?
4. Why does Josh pretend to be JB on the phone when Alexis first calls? What do Josh and Alexis talk about?
5. How do JB and Josh respond to their father's collapse in "I"m on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
6. What metaphors are seen in "Basketball Rule #1"?
7. Who is Josh Bell and what role does he play in "The Crossover"?
8. How are the careers of Josh's parents described in the narrative?
9. How does Josh's father respond to Josh's concerns about JB in the second poem titled "Conversation" in "Second Quarter"?
10. How does Josh describe JB's behavior in the first poem titled "Conversation" from "Second Quarter"?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)