|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say JB wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
(a) Ohio State.
(b) Mississippi State.
(d) Carolina Blue.
2. How many free throws has JB hit in a row, according to Josh in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
3. In "Basketball Rule #1" the narrator says, "In this game of life, your family is" what?
(a) "The fans."
(b) "The court."
(c) "The hoop."
(d) "The ball."
4. Where does Josh describe going on his way home after practice in "Second-Person"?
(a) To the baseball field.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the rec center.
5. "35-18" is described as the final score of what game in the poem with the same name?
(a) Game seven.
(b) Game two.
(c) Game six.
(d) Game three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's father's name?
2. Who is the only other undefeated team in "At Practice"?
3. What does Josh's father suggest they go get at the end of the poem "Conversation"?
4. What is JB doing while Josh tries to talk to him in "Conversation"?
5. What does Josh describe eating for lunch in "JB and I"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphors are seen in "Basketball Rule #1"?
2. Why does Josh lie to his father in "35-18"?
3. What is the rule stated in "Basketball Rule #5"? What is its significance?
4. How did Josh Bell get his nickname? What is the significance of Josh's nickname?
5. How are the careers of Josh's parents described in the narrative?
6. What does Coach Hawkins have his team do in "At Practice"? Why?
7. Why does Josh suggest his father write a book in "Conversation"?
8. How does Josh describe his brother in "Jordan Bell"?
9. What is the meaning of the title to the poem "Second-Person"?
10. What does Crystal explain to Josh in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)