|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days does Josh say his father has been in the hospital in "Tanka for Language Arts Class"?
2. What does Josh compare Vondie's girlfriend's butt to in "Even Vondie"?
(b) A washing board.
(d) An apple.
3. How is JB described in "After"?
(a) "Bandaged and hurt."
(b) "Solemn and wounded."
(c) "Volcanic and weighty."
(d) "Piercing and ominous."
4. What is JB doing on his bunk when the phone rings in "As We're About to Leave for the Final Game"?
(a) Listening to his iPod.
(b) Talking on his cell phone.
(c) Typing on his laptop.
(d) Reading a magazine.
5. How does JB travel to the hospital in "As We're About to Leave for the Final Game"?
(a) In his mother's car.
(b) In an ambulance.
(c) On his bicyle.
(d) By cab.
6. What game does Josh's team win in "This Week, I"?
(a) Game Ten.
(b) Game Twelve.
(c) Game Seven.
(d) Game Nine.
7. Who is JB and Josh's team set to play next week in "Article #1 in the Daily News (December 14)"?
(a) The Independence Red Rockets.
(b) The Olive Branch Wildcats.
(c) The St. Matthews Middle Giants.
(d) The Cook County Patriots.
8. What is the first question in "Questions"?
(a) "Why didn't you go to the doctor when Mom asked you?"
(b) "When is the game?"
(c) "Are you going to die?"
(d) "Have you been practicing your free throws?"
9. What does Josh's father describe writing a book titled in "Questions"?
(a) "My Days in the Euroleague."
(b) "Basketball Rules."
(c) "Thing's I've Learned on the Court."
(d) "Fast Changes."
10. How many seconds are left to go in the game when the coach calls time-out in "For Dad"?
(a) 3 seconds.
(b) 2 seconds.
(c) 6 seconds.
(d) 5 seconds.
11. What basketball camp did JB's girlfriend go to, according to the narrator in "Things I Learn at Dinner"?
(a) Nike Hoops Camp for Girls.
(b) Stanford Girld Basketball Camp.
(c) Maine Women's Basketball Camp.
(d) Duke Women's Camp for Girls.
12. At what time is the last message from Vondie posted in "Text Messages from Vondie"?
13. At what time is the first message posted in "Text Messages from Vondie"?
14. What does Josh describe his father playing with his brothers in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
15. What does Josh describe doing during practice in "This Week, I"?
(a) Cleaning the garage.
(b) Playing computer games.
(c) Calling his girlfriend.
(d) Reading and writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh say Uncle Bob's lemon pound cake looks like in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
2. How many rebounds has JB gotten in the game in "The Nosebleed Section"?
3. What is the first sentence in "The Doctor Pats Jordan and Me on the Back and Says"?
4. What word in the poem "Okay, Dad" is printed smaller than all of the other words?
5. Who is the coach of Josh and JB's basketball team?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)