|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh describe eating for dessert in the beginning of "Final Jeopardy"?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) Cherry pie.
(c) Fruit cocktail.
2. At what time is the first message posted in "Text Messages from Vondie"?
3. What basketball camp did JB's girlfriend go to, according to the narrator in "Things I Learn at Dinner"?
(a) Duke Women's Camp for Girls.
(b) Nike Hoops Camp for Girls.
(c) Maine Women's Basketball Camp.
(d) Stanford Girld Basketball Camp.
4. In "Basketball Rule #7," the narrator says, "Rebounding is the art of" what?
5. Who is JB and Josh's team set to play next week in "Article #1 in the Daily News (December 14)"?
(a) The Independence Red Rockets.
(b) The St. Matthews Middle Giants.
(c) The Cook County Patriots.
(d) The Olive Branch Wildcats.
6. What does Josh say that JB hates in "Myocardial Infarction"?
7. What does Josh's father describe writing a book titled in "Questions"?
(a) "Thing's I've Learned on the Court."
(b) "My Days in the Euroleague."
(c) "Fast Changes."
(d) "Basketball Rules."
8. What is the score that Josh says the game is at in "For Dad"?
9. What does Josh say his mother never lets them have in "Suspension"?
(d) Potato chips.
10. What question does Josh ask his coach when the coach asks if he is sure he is able to play in "During Warm-Ups"?
(a) "Are there wolves in sheeps' clothing?"
(b) "Can I step out if I need to?"
(c) "Can a deaf person write music?"
(d) "Does the sun come up each day?"
11. At what time is the first text message posted in "Text Messages from Mom, Part Two"?
12. What does Josh's father say when he awakens in "On Christmas Eve"?
(a) "Filthy, I didn't jump ship."
(b) "I love you all."
(c) "How did the game come out?"
(d) "Where is your brother?"
13. What news does Josh's mother relate after the phone call in "As We're About to Leave for the Final Game"?
(a) Josh's father is being released.
(b) Josh's father had another heart attack.
(c) Josh's father has gone into another coma.
(d) Josh's father has died.
14. Who does Josh describe making fun of on the bus in "I Don't Know"?
15. How is the word "Churlish" described in the poem with the same name?
(a) "Outgoing and friendly."
(b) "Flirtatious and given to physical attractiveness."
(c) "Respectful of others, particularly in sports and games."
(d) "Having a bad temper, and being difficult to work with."
Short Answer Questions
1. What musician does Josh describe listening to in "I Don't Think I'll Ever Get Used To"?
2. Who is described as JB's girlfriend's favorite basketball player in "Things I Learn at Dinner"?
3. What word is repeatedly set apart from the others in the poem "I Don't Think I'll Ever Get Used To"?
4. How old was Josh when he pushed a kid out of the swings for JB, according to the narrative in "Santa Claus Stops By"?
5. What game does Josh's team win in "This Week, I"?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)