|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "35-18" is described as the final score of what game in the poem with the same name?
(a) Game six.
(b) Game seven.
(c) Game two.
(d) Game three.
2. Where does the narrator's mother make his father sit during basketball games in "Mom Tells Dad"?
(a) In the middle row.
(b) In the top row.
(c) In the faculty box.
(d) In the front row.
3. What does JB throw to Josh in "He Probably"?
(a) His backpack.
(b) His father's ring.
(c) The telephone.
(d) A book.
4. What does the coach tell the team they need to work on in "At Practice"?
(a) Their offense.
(b) Their mental game.
(c) Their defense.
(d) Their free throws.
5. Who are the narrator's favorite rappers who have dreadlocks in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, and Wale.
(b) Kanye West, Eminem, and The Noorious B.I.G.
(c) Jay Z, Drake, and Dr. Dre.
(d) Tupac, Lil Wayne, and Dr. Dre.
6. How many sisters does the girl say she has in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
7. What does Josh say he made on his vocabulary test in "Too Good"?
8. What team does Josh describe destroying last week in "Josh's Play-by-Play"?
(a) Roberta James Middle.
(b) Independence Junior High.
(c) Olive Branch Junior High.
(d) Hoover Middle.
9. What position does Josh Bell's mother have at his school?
(b) School principal.
(c) Assistant school principal.
(d) Basketball coach.
10. Where does the narrator say JB wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
(b) Ohio State.
(c) Carolina Blue.
(d) Mississippi State.
11. Who is Jordan's favorite basketball player described as in "Jordan Bell"?
(a) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
(b) LeBron James.
(c) Michael Jordan.
(d) Kobe Bryand.
12. Where does Josh's father offer to stop for food after the game in "35-18"?
(a) Taco Bell.
(d) Krispy Kreme.
13. What musician does the narrator describe listening to with his father in "How I Got My Nickname"?
(a) Horace Silver.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Charlie Parker.
(d) Miles Davis.
14. What does Josh describe Jordan wearing in "Conversation"?
(a) A suit and tie.
(b) High-top sneakers.
(c) His dad's cologne.
(d) His father's championship ring.
15. What is the narrator's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the narrator say Jordan won from a bet with his father in "Jordan Bell"?
2. Where does Vondie's mother work, according to the narrator in "Ironic"?
3. In "Basketball Rule #1" the narrator says, "In this game of life, your family is" what?
4. What does the narrator say the only thing his brother loves more than basketball is in "Jordan Bell"?
5. What word in the poem "Filthy McNasty" is extended downward on the page?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)