|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from "Dribbling" is spaced out across the page of the poem?
2. What was the bet between Jordan and his father on that the narrator describes in "Jordan Bell"?
(a) Whether the McDonald's was open.
(b) Whether the Krispy Kreme Hot sign was on.
(c) Whether the game would be lost.
(d) Whether the coach had arrived early for the game.
3. What is the narrator's Number 3 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) "It helps people know that I am me and not JB."
(b) "They make me feel like a king."
(c) "No one else on the team has them."
(d) "They remind me of my father."
4. Where does the narrator say JB wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
(b) Carolina Blue.
(c) Mississippi State.
(d) Ohio State.
5. What is the narrator's father's name?
6. Whom does Josh say JB is too shy to talk to in "Ironic"?
(a) Miss Sweet Tea.
(b) Jennifer Warren.
(c) Amanda Smith.
(d) Coach Hawkins.
7. In the poem "Dribbling," the narrator states, "At the top of the key, I'm / MOVING AND GROOVING, / POPping and" what?
8. Where does Josh say his father played basketball in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
(b) The UK.
9. What word is extended downward on the page in the poem "Showoff"?
10. Who are the narrator's favorite rappers who have dreadlocks in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) Jay Z, Drake, and Dr. Dre.
(b) Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, and Wale.
(c) Tupac, Lil Wayne, and Dr. Dre.
(d) Kanye West, Eminem, and The Noorious B.I.G.
11. "Filthy McNasty" is described as being what mythical creature in the poem by the same name?
12. Who kissed JB in Sunday School, according to the narrator in "JB and I"?
(a) Mary Short.
(c) Jenny Laughton.
(d) Kim Bazemore.
13. The narrator says in the poem "Josh Bell," "See when I play ball, / I'm on fire. / When I shoot, I" what?
14. Where does the narrator's mother make his father sit during basketball games in "Mom Tells Dad"?
(a) In the front row.
(b) In the top row.
(c) In the middle row.
(d) In the faculty box.
15. What does Josh describe beating JB in, in "Too Good"?
(a) Grand Theft Auto.
(c) World of Warcraft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only other undefeated team in "At Practice"?
2. What stylistic literary device is evident in the following phrase from "Showoff"? "... a sick slick sliding sweet seven-foot shot."
3. Where does Vondie's mother work, according to the narrator in "Ironic"?
4. How many points does Josh describe scoring at the pickup game at the Rec in "Conversation"?
5. What is the narrator's Number 2 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)