|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only other undefeated team in "At Practice"?
(a) Independence Junior High.
(b) Andersonville Junior High.
(c) St. Lawrence Middle School.
(d) Olive Branch Junior High.
2. What does Josh describe Jordan wearing in "Conversation"?
(a) His dad's cologne.
(b) A suit and tie.
(c) High-top sneakers.
(d) His father's championship ring.
3. Who was not at the game tonight, according to the narrator in "Out of Control"?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. "35-18" is described as the final score of what game in the poem with the same name?
(a) Game six.
(b) Game two.
(c) Game seven.
(d) Game three.
5. What does Josh discover JB doing at the library in "Third Wheel"?
(a) Reading for pleasure.
(b) Studying for a test.
(c) Kissing his girlfriend.
(d) Stealing books.
6. How many sisters does the girl say she has in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
7. What time is it when a cop pulls over Josh's dad in "Game Time: 6:00 p.m."?
(a) 4:45 p.m.
(b) 5:35 p.m.
(c) 5:28 p.m.
(d) 5:44 p.m.
8. What does the narrator say the only thing his brother loves more than basketball is in "Jordan Bell"?
9. Where does Vondie's mother work, according to the narrator in "Ironic"?
(a) At a bank.
(b) At NASA.
(c) In the school cafeteria.
(d) At a bookstore.
10. Where does Josh describe going on his way home after practice in "Second-Person"?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the baseball field.
(c) To the rec center.
(d) To the library.
11. What does Jordan insist that everyone call him, according to the narrator in "Jordan Bell"?
(b) Filthy McNasty.
12. What position does Josh Bell's mother have at his school?
(a) Basketball coach.
(b) School principal.
(c) Assistant school principal.
13. How old was Josh's grandfather when he died, according to the narrator in "Conversation"?
14. How much money does the narrator say Jordan won from a bet with his father in "Jordan Bell"?
15. What does Josh say he made on his vocabulary test in "Too Good"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Josh say his mother is in "Too Good"?
2. What does Josh's father suggest they go get at the end of the poem "Conversation"?
3. On what album does the song "Filthy McNasty" appear?
4. What musician does the narrator describe listening to with his father in "How I Got My Nickname"?
5. Who is Jordan's favorite basketball player described as in "Jordan Bell"?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)