|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jordan insist that everyone call him, according to the narrator in "Jordan Bell"?
(b) Filthy McNasty.
2. What word in the poem "Filthy McNasty" is extended downward on the page?
3. Why is Josh's father pulled over in "Game Time: 6:00 p.m."?
(a) Because he was speeding.
(b) Because he ran a streetlight.
(c) Because he ran a stop sign.
(d) Because of a broken taillight.
4. What does the coach tell the team they need to work on in "At Practice"?
(a) Their defense.
(b) Their mental game.
(c) Their free throws.
(d) Their offense.
5. How old was Josh's grandfather when he died, according to the narrator in "Conversation"?
6. How many points does Josh describe scoring at the pickup game at the Rec in "Conversation"?
7. What position does Josh Bell's mother have at his school?
(a) School principal.
(c) Assistant school principal.
(d) Basketball coach.
8. What does JB do when his father appears to be having a stroke in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
(a) He goes inside to call 911.
(b) He calls for his mother.
(c) He sprays him with the garden hose.
(d) He slaps him.
9. How much money does the narrator say Jordan won from a bet with his father in "Jordan Bell"?
10. Where does Josh's father offer to stop for food after the game in "35-18"?
(a) Krispy Kreme.
(b) Taco Bell.
11. How does the narrator of "Josh Bell" describe his hair in the poem?
12. What does Josh discover JB doing at the library in "Third Wheel"?
(a) Reading for pleasure.
(b) Kissing his girlfriend.
(c) Studying for a test.
(d) Stealing books.
13. The narrator says in the poem "Josh Bell," "See when I play ball, / I'm on fire. / When I shoot, I" what?
14. What word from "Dribbling" is spaced out across the page of the poem?
15. How does the narrator's father respond when he is asked if he misses playing basketball in "Conversation"?
(a) "Like I miss your mother."
(b) "Like jazz misses Charlie Parker."
(c) "Like the moon misses the sun."
(d) "Like jazz misses Dizzy."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's Number 2 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
2. How old does the narrator say he and his brother are almost in "JB and I"?
3. What is "your heart" in the metaphor made by the narrator in "Basketball Rule #1"?
4. What does the narrator say his twin brother is in "Jordan Bell"?
5. What does the narrator of the poem "Josh Bell" refer to as his "claim to fame"?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)