|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the narrator's favorite rappers who have dreadlocks in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) Kanye West, Eminem, and The Noorious B.I.G.
(b) Tupac, Lil Wayne, and Dr. Dre.
(c) Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, and Wale.
(d) Jay Z, Drake, and Dr. Dre.
2. What does Josh discover JB doing at the library in "Third Wheel"?
(a) Kissing his girlfriend.
(b) Studying for a test.
(c) Stealing books.
(d) Reading for pleasure.
3. Where does Josh say he wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
(b) Carolina Blue.
(c) Ohio State.
4. On what album does the song "Filthy McNasty" appear?
(a) Midnight Blue.
(b) Paris Blues.
(c) A Love Supreme.
(d) Kind of Blue.
5. What team does Josh describe having just beaten in "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen"?
(a) Sam Ellison.
(b) Olive Branch.
(c) St. Francis.
6. What musician does the narrator describe listening to with his father in "How I Got My Nickname"?
(a) Horace Silver.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Charlie Parker.
(d) Miles Davis.
7. How does the narrator of "Josh Bell" describe his hair in the poem?
8. What does the narrator say his twin brother is in "Jordan Bell"?
(a) "A baller."
(b) "A tiger."
(c) "A fast-drive."
(d) "A lover."
9. How many points does Josh describe scoring at the pickup game at the Rec in "Conversation"?
10. What book does Josh see an old man reading in "Third Wheel"?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) The Giver.
(d) The Tipping Point.
11. Where does Josh say his father played basketball in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
(b) The UK.
12. How many free throws has JB hit in a row, according to Josh in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
13. Where does Josh envision JB when his team is meditating in "At Practice"?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) At the Olympics.
(c) In a church.
(d) On a mountaintop.
14. What is the narrator's Number 3 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) "It helps people know that I am me and not JB."
(b) "They remind me of my father."
(c) "They make me feel like a king."
(d) "No one else on the team has them."
15. What is the narrator's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Vondie said to be in "JB and I"?
2. Where does the narrator say JB wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
3. What does the narrator describe hitting his brother over the head with in "On the Way to the Game"?
4. What does JB do when his father appears to be having a stroke in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
5. What position does Josh Bell's mother have at his school?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)