|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Fourth Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first line in the poem "Mom, Since You Asked, I'll Tell You Why I'm So Angry"?
(a) "Because dad tried to dunk."
(b) "Because Jordan doesn't talk basketball anymore."
(c) "Because I want to win a championship."
(d) "Because sometimes I get thirsty."
2. What is JB doing while Josh tries to talk to him in "Conversation"?
(a) Making dinner.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Writing on the computer.
3. What is the narrator's father's name?
4. For how many days does Josh say his father has been in the hospital in "Tanka for Language Arts Class"?
5. What does Josh discover JB doing at the library in "Third Wheel"?
(a) Studying for a test.
(b) Stealing books.
(c) Reading for pleasure.
(d) Kissing his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is the first text message posted in "Text Messages from Mom, Part Two"?
2. What is the name of the girl that Josh talks to on the phone in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
3. What stylistic literary device is evident in the following phrase from "Showoff"? "... a sick slick sliding sweet seven-foot shot."
4. What does Josh's father suggest Josh do in regards to JB in "The Nosebleed Section"?
5. What is the narrator's Number 2 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)