|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Third Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josh compare Vondie's girlfriend's butt to in "Even Vondie"?
(b) A washing board.
(d) An apple.
2. For what minor-league baseball team did Michael Jordan play, as revealed in "Final Jeopardy"?
(a) The Carolina Mudcats.
(b) The Springfield Cardinals.
(c) The Birmingham Barons.
(d) The Frisco RoughRiders.
3. How is JB described in "After"?
(a) "Volcanic and weighty."
(b) "Solemn and wounded."
(c) "Bandaged and hurt."
(d) "Piercing and ominous."
4. What does JB do when his father appears to be having a stroke in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
(a) He goes inside to call 911.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He calls for his mother.
(d) He sprays him with the garden hose.
5. The narrator of "Josh Bell" says that he is the next "Kevin Durant, LeBron" and who?
(a) "Kobe Bryant."
(b) "Magic Johnson."
(c) "Chris Paul."
(d) "Michael Jordan."
Short Answer Questions
1. What stylistic literary device is evident in the following phrase from "Showoff"? "... a sick slick sliding sweet seven-foot shot."
2. Who is the only other undefeated team in "At Practice"?
3. What does Josh describe Jordan wearing in "Conversation"?
4. Who kissed JB in Sunday School, according to the narrator in "JB and I"?
5. "35-18" is described as the final score of what game in the poem with the same name?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)