|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Second Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say JB wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
(b) Carolina Blue.
(c) Mississippi State.
(d) Ohio State.
2. What word from "Dribbling" is spaced out across the page of the poem?
3. What is the single sentence that comprises the poem "Basketball Rule #5"?
(a) "No matter how down you get, always leave your heart on the court."
(b) "Live smarter, play hard, practice harder."
(c) "When you stop playing your game you've already lost."
(d) "If you miss enough of life's free throws you will pay in the end."
4. What word is extended downward on the page in the poem "Showoff"?
5. What does the coach tell the team they need to work on in "At Practice"?
(a) Their free throws.
(b) Their mental game.
(c) Their defense.
(d) Their offense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Josh's grandfather when he died, according to the narrator in "Conversation"?
2. Where does Vondie's mother work, according to the narrator in "Ironic"?
3. Who kissed JB in Sunday School, according to the narrator in "JB and I"?
4. What does the narrator describe hitting his brother over the head with in "On the Way to the Game"?
5. What time is it when a cop pulls over Josh's dad in "Game Time: 6:00 p.m."?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)