|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Second Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's mother wrote a book, according to the narrator in "Conversation"?
(a) Vondie's mom.
(b) Alexis's mom.
(c) JB's mom.
(d) Chuck's mom.
2. What does the narrator's mother compare his father with in the poem "Josh Bell"?
(a) "A magnolia tree."
(b) "A pickup truck."
(c) "An ol' Chevette."
(d) "A red Corvette."
3. What is the single sentence that comprises the poem "Basketball Rule #5"?
(a) "If you miss enough of life's free throws you will pay in the end."
(b) "When you stop playing your game you've already lost."
(c) "Live smarter, play hard, practice harder."
(d) "No matter how down you get, always leave your heart on the court."
4. What does the narrator say the only thing his brother loves more than basketball is in "Jordan Bell"?
5. In the end of "Mom Calls Me into the Kitchen," Josh questions if what is really the answer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does Josh describe destroying last week in "Josh's Play-by-Play"?
2. Where is Vondie said to be in "JB and I"?
3. What word from "Dribbling" is spaced out across the page of the poem?
4. Why is Josh's father pulled over in "Game Time: 6:00 p.m."?
5. How much money does the narrator say Jordan won from a bet with his father in "Jordan Bell"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)