|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Second Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jordan's favorite basketball player described as in "Jordan Bell"?
(a) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
(b) Michael Jordan.
(c) Kobe Bryand.
(d) LeBron James.
2. What is the narrator's Number 3 reason listed in "Five Reasons I Have Locks"?
(a) "They make me feel like a king."
(b) "They remind me of my father."
(c) "It helps people know that I am me and not JB."
(d) "No one else on the team has them."
3. Who kissed JB in Sunday School, according to the narrator in "JB and I"?
(a) Mary Short.
(c) Jenny Laughton.
(d) Kim Bazemore.
4. What does Josh describe eating for lunch in "JB and I"?
(a) Tuna salad on wheat.
(b) Spinach salad.
(c) Pasta and cheese sauce.
5. What does Josh describe Jordan wearing in "Conversation"?
(a) His father's championship ring.
(b) High-top sneakers.
(c) His dad's cologne.
(d) A suit and tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does JB throw to Josh in "He Probably"?
2. What does JB do when his father appears to be having a stroke in "I'm on Free Throw Number Twenty-Seven"?
3. What is the name of the team that Josh and JB play basketball for?
4. What stylistic literary device is evident in the following phrase from "Showoff"? "... a sick slick sliding sweet seven-foot shot."
5. What word does the narrator tell his father that no one uses anymore in "How I Got My Nickname"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)