|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Second Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Josh say his father played basketball in "Phone Conversation (I Sub for JB)"?
(c) The UK.
2. What was the bet between Jordan and his father on that the narrator describes in "Jordan Bell"?
(a) Whether the coach had arrived early for the game.
(b) Whether the McDonald's was open.
(c) Whether the Krispy Kreme Hot sign was on.
(d) Whether the game would be lost.
3. Where does the narrator's mother make his father sit during basketball games in "Mom Tells Dad"?
(a) In the top row.
(b) In the front row.
(c) In the faculty box.
(d) In the middle row.
4. What does Josh have a book report due tomorrow on in "Second-Person"?
(a) The Tipping Point.
(b) The Giver.
(d) To Have and Have Not.
5. What is "your heart" in the metaphor made by the narrator in "Basketball Rule #1"?
(a) "The hoop."
(b) "The fans."
(c) "The ball."
(d) "The court."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother compare his father with in the poem "Josh Bell"?
2. What does JB throw to Josh in "He Probably"?
3. What does Jordan insist that everyone call him, according to the narrator in "Jordan Bell"?
4. What stylistic literary device is evident in the following phrase from "Showoff"? "... a sick slick sliding sweet seven-foot shot."
5. What does Josh discover JB doing at the library in "Third Wheel"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)