|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Third Quarter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is JB described in "After"?
(a) "Bandaged and hurt."
(b) "Piercing and ominous."
(c) "Volcanic and weighty."
(d) "Solemn and wounded."
2. Where does the narrator say JB wants to attend college in "JB and I"?
(a) Carolina Blue.
(b) Ohio State.
(d) Mississippi State.
3. What does Vondie's girlfriend want to be when she grows up, according to the narrator in "Even Vondie"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A basketball player.
(c) A doctor.
4. What does Josh say his mother never lets them have in "Suspension"?
(c) Potato chips.
5. What is the first word in the poem "Fast Break" that extends downward on the page?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rebounds has JB gotten in the game in "The Nosebleed Section"?
2. What is the punchline for Josh's dad's joke in "Final Jeopardy," "Y'all know what the mama turkey said to her naughty son?"
3. What word from "Dribbling" is spaced out across the page of the poem?
4. In what tense is the poem "This Week, I" related?
5. In a simile in the poem "The Nosebleed Section," the narrator describes his mother popping up like what in the stands?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)